The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Empty
PostSubject: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 9:38 am

So guess I should make a log...

At the moment my ideas/plans is to make a hired gun (anybody can use those), thinking a Demo-guy. Field Medic or Rogue Psyker, but is diffently note sure yet... It will still depend on who i get.

But I also want to challenge my selv, I have "never" bothered about make bases (I know, very bad still), so would like some advice, im thinking muddy/dirty street, but need some help how to make it look good, what to use.. sand mixes with glue and paint ? or are there some other tricks ect..

At the moment i have never build / painted a single 40k model, but have plenty experience with "normal" warhammer, I got one model blu-taced together at home, will try to get some pictures up soon.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:45 am

So I sat down last night trying to finish my first 40k model, but got no insperation what-so-ever, was tired, my son refused to sleep and my work area was far from perfect...
I really hope this dont last to long, havend build a single model since moving back to denmark last summer Sad tomorrow Im going to copenhagen to buy some more model, hopefully insperation will return soon.

Only models I got so far is: Cadachan Heavy weapons, Cadachan Command Squad and Chaos Marines Possesed (got them all at half price), tomorrow I will get: Cadian "normal" Squad, Cadian Command and maby some Space Marine Scout.
I was hoping the loose clips from Ork Boys box would fit on IG Lasguns, but they were to big Sad now I must see if I can get some (chaos) space Marine bolters.

Will try to get some pictures up this weekend, but cant promise to huch...

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:56 pm

You're going to be able to produce a great squad with that lot, let alone a prisoner!

Looking forward to the kitbash!

Laney:D

Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_6051Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_7210Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_7454Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_7539Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_7540
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks m8 Very Happy I cant wait to get some more (40K) models, kitbashing is my favorite thing to do... (ok, I enjoy other things, but when it come to warhammer, its my favorite Very Happy)

-skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:29 pm

VERY interesting! The Catachan Kits are VERY cool... you will have a very good time!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!
Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  ForumAdBanner
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:08 pm

This is another project which I will be following with great interest!
Curious to what you will come up with! Smile
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:53 am

I'm with you...kit-bashing is THE BEST. I've stopped looking at G.W's plastic models as complete pieces; now I look at them as component parts for creating my own pieces. Have FUN with The Project & savor what time you do have. What a Face

Last edited by DeafNala on Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks guys Very Happy

I brought some more models: Cadian Command and "normal" squad + a single Heavy Weapon Team (diddent know you could buy them single) and a SM Scout...

Had some fun building yesterday, but nothing of my prisoner (its still building in my head), but did get a better feeling for 40k now... So far I got 2 IG Recruits 2 Renegade Militiamen, all with autoguns, one IG with a shotgun and a Renegade Captain, I think they all turned out great Very Happy

I tried to get some pictures, but my son drop our camara a wile back and now got trouble focusing close up, even with "macro" turned on, will try later and if that fails I can take some (crappy) pictures with my phone...

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Skavenslayer

No worries. I was a long time Fantasy and Mordheim player and now I don't look back. Just Death Squads and 40K Novels.
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 3:54 am

Small update... Finaly got around to build and decited to make a demolitions expert hired gun, got some pictures, they are about 10 days old, but I dont know how to post pictures corretly, the demo man is almost finish and I need to build 4 more traps (got the design already) and then paint, I got 3 days off this week and the weekend, so should be able to finish without stressing Very Happy

Demo guy from about 10 days ago:
Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Pbucket

boobytrap w. grenades hidden under lasgun:

Pretty standart mine trap:

-Skavenslayer

Edit: Figured out how to post pictures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:51 am

This is awesoem! Love the 1st trap ...

Famous Last Words wrote:
Look John! You forgot your Lasgun agai...

Great work!

Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 am

Nice work so far. A nice scarred head would suit the rest well.
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:01 am

Mordheimer wrote:
This is awesoem! Love the 1st trap ...

Famous Last Words wrote:
Look John! You forgot your Lasgun agai...

Epic Very Happy

mudboy wrote:
Nice work so far. A nice scarred head would suit the rest well.

Yeah.. Not sure witch head to use, got a few lying around and trying out, was thinking a IG commander head with helmet / googles, but dont think it gives the right look. Will see if I got something like that.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 10:47 am

VERY NICE WORK! For a head, the plastic G.W. Wizard with the wild hair would look cool..any head that looks like it should have a nervous tic would do for a demolition Guy. clown
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:55 pm

DeafNala wrote:
VERY NICE WORK! For a head, the plastic G.W. Wizard with the wild hair would look cool..any head that looks like it should have a nervous tic would do for a demolition Guy. clown
You have a pic or a link? Would love to see it! Hehehe

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:02 am

Deaf's idea is genius for the head (made me think of the Soviet demo guy from Command and Conquer 2).

Laney

Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_6051Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_7210Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_7454Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_7539Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  Img_7540
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:34 am

This is the head DeafNala means:
http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/battle-wizard-head-b-p-1397.html
Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  274709814140

I'm note sure it gives the effect I want, its a little "over the top", ist close, so I will look at my bitz box...
I got alot of warhammer plastics, not a lot of 40K. I thinking a crazy looking head, converted with a IG helmet. (If I can pull it off)

-Skavenslayer

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 am

Brilliant! I love the head... USE that one! Hahahah!

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 am

Yep; that's the head I meant...glad to hear it wasn't a lame suggestion. Some of the heads from the Flagellants might work also.
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 8:00 am

So i diddent have that wizard head and decidet to use my original plan.
Im not gonna get this finished in time, still need to paint this sucker... The time plan got a little screwed when the shipping date got moved, my plan was to use the time to buy all i needed to paint and I dont have the time. I will paint this week so shipping hopefully around the 3rd of may, the 4th is a national holiday in denmark, so cant send there.

When my Gf get home I will take pictures of what I got before it gets all black Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:47 am

This is status sunday afternoon:

The Demo guy got some grenades around his waist and some explosive on his backpack + a autogun. (i equipt him w. autogun, becourse it seems like the best option, pretty cheap and make use of his BS4)

The bombs / traps from felt to right:
#1 Grenades under lasgun.
#2 (orc) Mine.
#3 old school dynamite w. "pushdetonator" (gonna paint the dynamite red).
#4 Olidrum rigged with grenades + detonator.
#5 Mortergrenade hidden under shovel, with backpack as bait. (this is the last one I did and was kinda running out of ideas)
#6 Unfinished, the wire is going to a grenade hidden on a branch in the bush.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:10 am

Very nice set of (.)(.) traps!

Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Very nice set of (.)(.) traps!

Perv!

I love the bomb and detonator on nr. 3. I might have to steal that idea Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:17 am

The detonator on #3 is from the dwarf miner set. Edit: The sticks of dynamit is from same set.

@mudboyI got a few extras, this also remindes me, I got the CSM possesed models and the head you want, so if you are interesed send me a PM

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 9:31 am

Dwarf Miners, yes of course. I think I have some of those somewhere Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  422323

I already have the head on the way but thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log    Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skavenslayers Prisoner Exchange Log
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next