Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narcissus' Death Guard

Go down 
+9
Kiwi
Arachas
Laney
Gatlag Stonetooth
dr!zzt
rhuntar
Mordheimer
jd3
Narcissus
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jd3

jd3

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 pm

So much win in this thread!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:39 am

Narcissus wrote:
Let me know if there is anything specific you want and I can try to help.

TUUTOOORIIIIAAAALLL!!!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:10 am

...ok...I did post a message in this topic earlier... so why didn't I get a FREAKIN' EMAIL of these awesome updates?!?! This forum has some fail with keeping me updated about the goods. Good thing I'm a browsing happy fellow! Very Happy

As said awesome Narcissus! Really sweet stuff you put here on display!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:16 pm

Thanks for all of the comments. I'll make a belly sculpting tutorial next week when I put together some more plague marines. For now, here are the mostly ready for paint terminators.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0901

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0904
Lots of new studs.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0909
Model on the left is an entirely AoBR terminator.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0910

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0912
Finished details on the back.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0914
Big sword
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:36 am

Wow, again amazing eye-candy!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 4:14 am

Amazing conversions - the attention to detail is outstanding!

I hate adding rivets to things - and those are tiny (must have taken you forever).

Keep it coming

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:36 am

Rivets... yeah... how the hell you did those?
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 7:36 pm

I have some pictures of how I did the rivets that I will add this evening. For now, I need some help...

I am working on a daemon prince at the moment. There is still a fair bit of greenstuff work to go on this model, but the assembly is nearly done. I made a sword from plasticard and I am creating a little sub assembly to make the wings magnetized and removable. I added a different face that I filed flat before I sculpt a mask and details later on.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0941

What I really need some advice on is the base. In this picture I used my dreadnought base. The theme for the bases of the army is that they are fighting in and among trenches. I want something where the DP is on display, not hiding in a trench. It should be not too high but I want it to have lots of detail (or some detail at least!) and to match the other bases to a degree (sandbags, wood trench duckboards, mud). Ideas I have so far:

-crater, barbed wire, puddles on open ground (not very dramatic though)
-inside a small firiing position (some sandbags, reinforcement, wood boards, etc)
-on a big rock or hunk of metal on open ground (elevated a little bit)
-DP storming a firing position (above a little trench as opposed to hiding in one)

Any ideas? Thoughts and tips would be greatly appreciated. I've been stuck on this for a little while...

EDIT: Nevermind. I've got it figured out. I decided to go with storming a trench. I'll have some WIP pictures up tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:34 pm

As promised, here are some pictures of the daemon prince and base. I still need to sculpt the gas mask and details around the wings.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0948

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0951

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0950
The sword is made from plasticard.

I should have this conversions and four more plague marines finished soon.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 7:21 am

The base is PERFECT! Not only you get to show off your skills, but it fits your scheme WITHOUT covering the model. GREAT job! If you could make an IG casualty near the shovel, it would elevate the power of the demon! Thanks for sharing!

PS: I moved the Tutorial to the proper section! (LINK)
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:17 am

I can only join in the worshipping and say this is plain awesome! cheers
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Thanks Gatlag. I'm glad you like it. Thanks for moving the tutorial Mord.

Here are today's offerings to Nurgle. Four more plague marines to bring pestilence and good looks to the table.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_0996

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1000

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1003

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1007
This one is maybe my favourite.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1009
I've been meaning to make tanks like this for a while but just got around to it now.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:44 pm

This is going to be an amazing Death Guard army - the quality of the work is brilliant.

Death Guard can be a 'messy' army (a bit like Orks for conversion). But the level at which you are executing these guys is absolutely top notch.

While the guy with the chainsword is cool (that mask reminds me of WW2 pilot), the meltagun model is even better!

Genuinely, the best Death Guard I have seen.

Laney:D (Keep it up)
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:04 am

Thanks Laney. I am pleased with how the conversions are going but I am really unsure about the painting. I agree that Death Guard are often "messy" but I really want to paint them decently... It is a struggle though. Thanks for the WW2 mask comment, that really nailed the look I was subconsciously trying to mimic.

Here is a test model I half painted tonight to try out the colour scheme.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1043

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1041

Here is a horrifically ugly one I painted today too. It needs fixing.
Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1045

Here are some of the tests I have done for this force. I just can't make up my mind on a colour scheme...
Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1047
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:42 am

I like the first (from the left) and the third most. The third stand out the most - and I like that.

I see what you think about wanting to paint them decently. What you could do was painting them "clean" without the brush/highlight effect, but with layers, and use the spray'n'salt technique for rust (and with your rust skill it would be awsome).

Just a suggestion.
Back to top Go down
KartoffelGranate

KartoffelGranate

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 7:18 pm

I am jealous of those sculpting skills. Excellent Job, good sir. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 11:19 pm

Komfritten-Noooooo! Not the electric green! It is the worst. Hahaha.

KartoffelGranate-Thanks. Welcome to the forum.

Here is todays entry in different colour schemes...

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1050
Third from the left (light, washed orangish) if the scheme I think I am going with. Uniquely light, smooth blends with the airbrush, will show up battle damage, rust runs, etc. And it is fast.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1055
The orange model has had a wash of gryphonne sepia. The other model is the results after airbrushing. Hard to see in this picture, but I've airbrushed the light green in a zenithal highlight with the dark green visible in the shaded areas and from below.

I am pretty set now on this scheme as it is quick and gives a unique look I am pleased with. Now I just need to work out details like where to wash for extra shadows, and how to paint a few other things. Hopefully I will have the remains of this squad finished and posted soon...

Next vote: tentacle and growth colour. Should it be pink, purple, or flesh? Wash or thick paint?
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 22, 2012 8:48 am

I'll be a cheerleader too! Man I want to see this army completed.

Just in time too, look like chaos: Legions will be next and soon. I've got all my thousand sons out and am gearing up to have that army rtg fir when the new dex is out.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:36 pm

jd3-I can't wait for the new codex either and the new releases. Some of the kits in the last few years have been incredible and I can't wait to see some updated CSM models (which I will probably promptly drill full of holes, sculpt over, and melt...).

I've finished the armour on a few more models and thought I would share the new (final?) paint scheme. I am pretty happy with it. I just need to figure out how to paint a few more details.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1058-1
Best part-this paint scheme is pretty fast to paint and I get to use my airbrush a lot!

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 Apostles_of_Contagion
They match pretty well with the only Apostles of Contagion picture I have been able to find.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1059

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1065
The last thing that is really bugging me is how to paint the fungus/rot/guts. Any ideas? I tried a leviathan purple/baal red wash and it looks alright. Any thoughts on better methods? I don't want it to be too bright, as it would contrast too much with the muted armour. Ideas, suggestions, links to cool pictures, etc would be greatly appreciated!Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 Plague_Marine
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:20 am

For the fungus I REALLY like the muted purple you are using in the last photo, especially with the recesses being darker.

For the guts, I truly like the way they appear in the last photo again. A muted but dark black, mud or dark blue wash could make a nice contrast and would be appropriate I think.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 Tamr8125

Highly recommend this for oozing parts and anything gross you want to look nasty:)

I use the clear red for blood, just add a bit of black ink. and some sugar if you want chunky blood.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Long time, no post. Here is the finished (well finished sculpting) daemon prince.

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1119

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1117

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1118

Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 IMG_1120
The wings are removable using magnets.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 12:46 am

Your work is AMAZING! I can only wonder at how you do the GS sculpting.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:56 am

This Daemon is superb. The GS is ace and magnetised wings is all about win!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 2:51 am

That's brilliant work! Can't wait to see it painted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Death Guard   Narcissus' Death Guard - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narcissus' Death Guard
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next