The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Hello Death Squads!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Patchwerk

Patchwerk

Hello Death Squads! Empty
PostSubject: Hello Death Squads!   Hello Death Squads! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi folks. Just discovered this game and the community, and I can't wait to get more involved. I started playing 40k-Rogue Trader when it first came out. Wish I still had my "beaky" plastic marines. While I've played a bunch of other GW games over the years (WFB, Space Hulk, Epic 40k, Mordheim) I haven't played 40k since 1st edition. I have read the rules for the other editions, and I just didn't like them that much. I preferred the smaller unit skirmish feel of the original game, so it seems like Death Squads is more my speed, just as Mordheim appeals to me more than WFB.

While I haven't played 40k in decades, I have continued to paint off and on over the years in the hopes of getting back into the hobby. A few years ago I sold all of the 40k stuff I had painted, so I'm going to have to get some more minis at some point. I'm also a big fan of the Space Wolves, and would love to help work on some rules for them development continues.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Hello Death Squads!   Hello Death Squads! I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 7:58 pm

Welcome Patchwerk! DS is a lot of fun and this forum is a great place to share your painting and modelling. Where are you from?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Patchwerk

Patchwerk

PostSubject: Re: Hello Death Squads!   Hello Death Squads! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Narcissus wrote:
Welcome Patchwerk! DS is a lot of fun and this forum is a great place to share your painting and modelling. Where are you from?

Totally forgot one of the most important pieces of information! I live in the Northern Virginia area, but I spend a lot of time in DC and Baltimore as well.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Death Squads!   Hello Death Squads! I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Salute Welcome Brother Patchwerk!!! Salute

Welcome to Death Squads! I love when the true Elders find us! Is almost like if The Emperor had twitched a finger! bounce I think our project is something you will enjoy very much. Not only we gear for small games (skirmishes) but we have lots of RPG-like mechanics (i.e. gaining XP, customization, etc) and story-telling becomes a given to the Campaigns!

On helping on rules... read LINK. We are currently working on the next release, but then we will look for more people to join the project!

I live in Elizabeth City (North Carolina)... maybe we should get a bash together! HA!

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!
Hello Death Squads! ForumAdBanner
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Death Squads!   Hello Death Squads! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello Death Squads!
Page 1 of 1