Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Infinity the Game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jd3

jd3

Infinity the Game Empty
PostSubject: Infinity the Game   Infinity the Game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi guys! I picked up a couple of starters plus a few models for two factions in the minatures game: Infinity.

First up is the Ariadna faction. I have started painting the Heavy (power armored) infantry with a NMM effect. I have never done this before and it represents me pushing the boundries of my skill. That said, I'm trying and while I like the look; I would like critical minds to analyze my attempt and let me know if I am suceeding, or how it may be done better.

I am using this as a rough guide.

I will start with the most completed at the moment: a Caledonian Mormaer. A beastistly armored warrior with very nasty ammunition and an accurate x-visor.

Infinity the Game IMAG0831

Infinity the Game IMAG0834

Infinity the Game IMAG0833

Infinity the Game IMAG0835

^ WIP furthest along. I appreciate criticism.
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

Infinity the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity the Game   Infinity the Game I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Dozer advised me to do some wet blending and transition the fade over longer areas.

A Vetran Kazzak with a AP HMG joins his friend below.

Infinity the Game IMAG0836

Infinity the Game IMAG0837

Infinity the Game IMAG0838

Infinity the Game IMAG0839

Infinity the Game IMAG0846

Infinity the Game IMAG0845

Infinity the Game IMAG0846

Infinity the Game IMAG0844

Infinity the Game IMAG0842
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Infinity the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity the Game   Infinity the Game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:21 am

This is BRUTALLY AWESOME! The guide is a treasure! Thanks!

PS: Moving the thread to its proper location. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
jd3

jd3

Infinity the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity the Game   Infinity the Game I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:47 am

Given the amount of off topic threads in the painting section I thought that would be the proper place for it. Oh well, sorry.

I will be adding some more pics tonight as I get more done.
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

Infinity the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity the Game   Infinity the Game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Well maybe someone could let me know if this is getting better looking. To me it is, but this is the first time i have tried anything this complicated.

Infinity is an jap anime themed game so I am intentionally going for the sky highlight on the NMM armor. These are the low tech faction so I want the metal to appear tough but rustic.

Any advice would be very appreciated! Thanks.

Infinity the Game IMAG0857

Infinity the Game IMAG0863

Infinity the Game IMAG0862

Below is a Tank Hunter with his little Autocannon.

Infinity the Game IMAG0864

Infinity the Game IMAG0866

Group Shot of the Araidna Miniatures I have, most barely have any paint at all on them as I need some new paints to make a decent camo. I'm sorry all the pics are a little blurry, I'm not sure what happened there.

Infinity the Game IMAG0858

Infinity the Game IMAG0859

Infinity the Game IMAG0860
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Infinity the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity the Game   Infinity the Game I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 8:13 pm

The models are coming out fine. The NNM is fantastic. I can't even DREAM to try... I think you are nuts! You can definitely produce paint! Very Happy

I am in NO position to criticize your painting skills (far superior to mine). What I could do I to try to give you a few hints on photography. I think the quality of the pics is ROBBING us fro a great peep show.

So... few questions. What are you using to take pics? You phone or a camera? If you are using your phone, you need to clean the lens before taking pics. As I remember, you keep your phone in your pocket... this means the lens gets lint from the clothes and smudges from your fingers. Take the cover off and clean the lens with a paper towel... it will improve the quality of the pics by a million percent. Hmmm... is a million percent mathematically possible? scratch

Anyhow... then the next step is to get you a light box. You produce way too many cool models not to have them save for posterity. The light box does NOT need to be an expensive or complicated afair. Get a BIG cardboard box, paint the inside black. Now, you could get some nice light sources for LOTS of $$$... not worth it. The trick is to get WHITE light from two sources. You can take two small lamps and put a white (natural) light bulb. These lamps can double as PAINTING light sources! You want to put one of them in the upper-front-left shining towards the lower-back-right corner and the other in the upper-front-right shining towards the lower-back-left corner. This will cancel the shadows.

Flash is your ENEMY. Think of yourself as Malcador the Sigillite and the Flash as
Lorgar (after the Horus Heresy). WAIT!!! Do NOT smash the flash on your camera! Maybe not your enemy... more likely not your ally. Avoid it. You got plenty of light (above). Wink

Now, Narcisus has a GREAT link for backgrounds. I need to get them and print them. Anyhow, pictures should be taken from the front (slightly up) so you can see the front of the model (like the 1st pic), but not so high that you see just the heads (like the last pic... but I know you were just showing all the models on that!)

Hopefully this will help you to take better pics!

PS: Paper towel for background is not good. Is is not 'white', it has 'relief' so it scatters light (makes pic look unfocused and scatters light) and is porous (so it absorbs part of the light)... end result, pic looks fuzzy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
jd3

jd3

Infinity the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity the Game   Infinity the Game I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 12:08 am

Ok Mord I followed your advise and decided to shoot the cooler Infinity mini's I have.

Here are most of my Pan Oceania Forces. They just got the first coats of paint tonight.

Infinity the Game IMAG0880

Infinity the Game IMAG0879

Below is the PanO Power Armor troops on the left and the Commandos on the right are Medium Infantry.

Infinity the Game IMAG0878

Infinity the Game IMAG0868

Infinity the Game IMAG0877

Below is the Cutter. It's a remote control mech with Thermal-Optic Camo, so it's invisible until it reveals itself by attacking or it's discovered. It's very, very mean from what I read. Invisible dreadnought, nuff said.

Infinity the Game IMAG0876

Infinity the Game IMAG0875

Infinity the Game IMAG0874

Now to the Ariadna. Here are Vetran Kazzaks, these guys are freaking great in game. They camomove around and have excellent weapons and skills.

These are done in the NMM style I am attempting. They aren't nearly as far a long as the Mormear.

Infinity the Game IMAG0873

This is Mirage Team 5. The Mirage teams operate when stealth is not critical to the success of the mission. This minitature set proves the idea that if you had access to werewolves; that you would strap a parachute on one, make it angry, and drop it behind enemy lines. Unfortuantley you would learn as PanO has, that the confinment in an airborne craft typically causes the subject to prematurely "go puppy" and that never ends well @ 10,000 ft. This guy here is the only one who can do it because he loves his handeler so much... or some dumb shit like that.

Infinity the Game IMAG0872

Ok back to the Caledonian Mormaer that is nearing completion with the NMM. This is the one I'd like some criticisim on or any ideas at all. I've never done this style of painting before. I used blazing orange, Ice Blue, and that was on top of Khemri Brown foundation. I used very very thin coats of very diluted paint, wetblending, and a muddy pallet. I did some preshading white highlights before I began the process.

Infinity the Game IMAG0871

Infinity the Game IMAG0870

Infinity the Game IMAG0869

Infinity the Game IMAG0868

Infinity the Game IMAG0867

What ya think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Infinity the Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Infinity the Game   Infinity the Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infinity the Game