Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Commissioned painting

Go down 
+2
Mordheimer
DoZer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DoZer

DoZer

Commissioned painting Empty
PostSubject: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:44 am

Well, lots of good things came out of my eBay auctions. I sold all my auctions for more than double the cost of my investment in the army.

To add on top of this, one of the buyers has commissioned me to finish off both a warrior squad and its Raider transport for him as well.

This could lead to future commissioned work from him. So.....needless to say I will be spending some quality time with the models, and felt that I should share at least some of my work for the community to see!

Progress:

Raider:
  • Needs Initial Base Coat
  • Needs both trim colors
  • Both the driver and gunner need base coats, and both trim colors
  • Etheric Sail, needs base, and two trim colors

Warrior Squad:
The squad for the most part has my prime color on them. However I need to go back and redo the base to cover a lot of the previous owners mistakes. Its just not up to my standard of painting.
  • Needs base coat redone
  • Guns need to be repainted as my scheme is the opposite
  • Skin color needs to be changed, so need to base paint them in codex grey
  • Trim needs to be done (this will take the longest for the squad)
  • Basing in the snow scheme

So that's a good bit of work to do. Expect pictures to be added tonight!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:35 am

YEAY Pics, or didn\'t hap !!!

Looking forward seeing your work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:41 am

Im with Mordheimer....

All Im hearing is: bla bla bla.... but no pictures Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 10:45 am

Yea yea yea....... pictures are everything.....

So here are the models as is. I've started working on 5 of the warriors, and those WiP will be up later tonight after I am done working on them.
Commissioned painting IMG_0279
Commissioned painting IMG_0283
Commissioned painting IMG_0287

This is how they will look when they are completed (these also were sold to the same buyer who has commissioned me to do this).
Commissioned painting IMG_0225
Commissioned painting IMG_0219
Commissioned painting IMG_0213
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 3:55 am

Looks great, cant wait to see more, the only thing, im got crazy about the red eyes, it might look better with a full army, with lost of raiders with the red sails Very Happy

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:11 am

Thanks Skaven. I agree the red eyes might not have been the best choice, but I couldn't exactly do a blue, and any yellow or green would have just blended in with the piping and character colors.....so red or orange was really all that I was left with.

Anyways here is an update!!

Got a good bit of painting done last night. I started first with just a single model to make sure I still remembered how to do the paint scheme. I am not 100% happy with it, but I'd say its pretty darn good considering its been over a year since I last picked up the paint brush. I'm definitely going back and redoing some parts of the armor and cleaning up some edges, but its not bad.

I plan on finishing this group of 5 tonight.

The pics I took while I was painting, so you can see my progress.

Commissioned painting IMG_0359
Commissioned painting IMG_0361
Commissioned painting IMG_0365
Commissioned painting IMG_0363
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:35 am

Wow! This guy got very lucky from your ebay items. He got some great models and are others finished out.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 7:41 am

Excellent progress... you are still a MACHINE! Heheheh...
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:22 am

Sweet stuff Dozer!
I've always wondered how it's like to make money out of your hobby. Is it still fun or does it feel like work?
Back to top Go down
s4dfish

s4dfish

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:45 am

Lovely models, lovely paint.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 8:52 am

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Sweet stuff Dozer!
I've always wondered how it's like to make money out of your hobby. Is it still fun or does it feel like work?
I've heard people say that, but I don't see how this would effect anyone. If you enjoy doing something, you will always enjoy doing it regardless if its for fun or for a paycheck. For me I enjoy painting models to begin with, and to get paid by someone to do it is just an added bonus. Even when I was painting my own models for fun, I set dates to finish them by, so being paid to do it is no different. Plus, this could lead to other commissions, which might allow me to paint models I normally wouldn't get myself. So its kind of a win win for me.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 9:18 am

I' ve heard people say that as well. That's why I asked.
Good thing you're still enjoying it and by the looks of the models I'm sure the customer will enjoy them too! Smile
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Sorry guys, I haven't forgotten about posting up my WIP pics. I have been working dilligently on both the models and some final projects as well as studying for finals for the summer here. Good news is I now have two weeks off to do absolutely nothing....at least for now. There are some other good news in the works but I will announce that when its 100% confirmed.

Anyways, just wanted to put up a quick update. I will upload some more pictures tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Commissioned painting   Commissioned painting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Commissioned painting
Page 1 of 1