Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Komfrittens Painting Thread

Go down 
+6
Laney
cody20
Narcissus
Colonel Prius
Mordheimer
Komfritten
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

Komfrittens Painting Thread Empty
PostSubject: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:04 am

Heres the first models in my 51'st Infantry Division:

Captain Türing:

Komfrittens Painting Thread Tring3pic

And my first sergeant:

Komfrittens Painting Thread 1stsergeant3pic

Just learned how to paint in "layers", and I think it went rather well. The base needs some looking too, and I'm considering wether I want them to be a little more weathered or not.

Last edited by Komfritten on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:51 am

My, my, my... look who builds awesome terrain AND paints cool models!

Those are very good... holy cow! You are a MONSTER! You are going to give Laney and DeafNala a run for their money (that is a GREAT thing!)

My only critique... can we get a BIGGER picture? I would love to see MOARRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! Great faces! You are amazing! The color is PERFECT for the terrain. BRAVO!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:02 am

Bigger (?!) but then all the small errors come to show ;-)

I'll post some later taken with my camera instead of phone.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:25 am

HAHAH! You sneaky Ninja !!! Do what you can... it US who benefit. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 10:57 am

Ok - big enough? (updated first post with bigger pictures)
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 12:42 pm

Excellent paint-job! Not much of a fan the paint scheme itself, but that is mostly because I think it is to 'standard', as in 'codex color', which is completely personal preference. As said, the execution of the paint job is superb.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:02 pm

Correct on the paint scheme. I haven't used this technique, by using layers, before, so I wanted a clear frame of reference, and I seldom think 'out of the box' on my first try Wink

But I agree that "self-made" paint schemes often are more interesting (sometimes a little too interesting) but that must be for another time.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:20 pm

WOW! Better than I thought! Is it me or the Sgt's face is VERY good? Wow!

I understand Prius comment... paint scheme's are a personal choice and their execution should be as good as possible for a great model. I do like the scheme... for EXACTLY the same reason Prius doesn't! HA! I think is very Codex-like... LOVE IT! The execution is VERY good! Just like Prius said, your layering is coming out very nicely! That beige over brown can be tricky... but you pulled it off nicely! I also liked the armor and shoulder pads... nice edging with that scorpion green. The face is PERFECT! The eyes are right on with that "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!" look... very angry! Heheheh

The base is OK... I suggest you make it match your table. Use the same technique and strata as you use on the table (don't go crazy with grass, as your table lacks some). Aim for 'blending' the base with the table.

One suggestion... so you increase your painting/modeling game (which btw, is very high up already!) One word... DECALS. It will make a HUGE difference! Use the decal softener! Cut your decal and put it in water. While you wait (60 seconds!) apply the decal softener with a brush on the shoulder pad and put the decal. Once you have it there, apply some more softener over the decal. It will make the decal to 'mold' (almost melt!) to the shape of the pad, so you get no bubbles under and the decal's edge... melts away. After it is dry (I wait overnight) I brush in a coat of Satin Finish (I like Vallejo's) to protect the decal. Your model will look amazing... I mean, even MORE amazing! Smile

Thanks for sharing!

PS: The picture of Captain Türing is kindda small too! HA!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Hmm small? try to empty cache as I used the same names for the new sizes.

I do not understand the decal softener technique - tutorial please?
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 1:39 pm

Good job. The models look good and the painting clean. I really like the face on the second model as well.

As they seem to be a desert scheme on desert bases it might be fitting to try adding some dust around the ankles and feet of the models. You could use a weathering powder or dry brush or airbrush some paint around their ankles. It is a bit tricky though but could be a good first step for adding in the next level of weathering.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 2:01 pm

I love these Really clean, keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 3:07 pm

Narcissus wrote:
As they seem to be a desert scheme on desert bases it might be fitting to try adding some dust around the ankles and feet of the models. You could use a weathering powder or dry brush or airbrush some paint around their ankles. It is a bit tricky though but could be a good first step for adding in the next level of weathering.

That is a nice trick! I will have to try that. Thanks Narcissus!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Ace paintjob on both models and good use of layering. The face on the sergeant is a particular standout. I probably would have gone for a softer highlight on the shoulderpads - but well executed nonetheless.

Any more?

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:21 pm

Very sweet!
Love the look of them! Cool
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:06 am

Very nice. Tight painting. I agree with Laney that you could have highlighted the pads a little more subtle. If I see correctly, you've used Camo Green for the highlights. Mix it up with some Catachan Green and it should be perfect.

Thanks for posting your work!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 4:25 am

Thank-you for the advice. it's cool to be able to show and receive and give comments in a community as. dedicated as this.
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 31, 2011 8:30 am

Wow, those models look great, I can't really fault anything on them, the faces in particular are outstanding, you must have one steady hand. Keep up the good work and post pictures of the rest soon please? Smile
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 5:47 am

I've taken a break from the terrain (witch translates to the fact that I can paint down in the living room and be social with the familiy at the same time WIN!)

Here's what I've been working on:

The first flamer in the 51'st inf. div.:

Komfrittens Painting Thread Flamer2pic

And the 3 (almost done) IG's together:

Komfrittens Painting Thread 3imperials-2

There you have it =)

Last edited by Komfritten on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 am

Even though I had an almost complete squad of Orks before I started DS, I still missed something: The Trash Kan...

So being sick, and out of general order, I started to chop up bits and pieces for this little walker. Here are 2 WiPs:

Komfrittens Painting Thread IMAG0052

Komfrittens Painting Thread IMAG0053

Hoping to get to paint Lucky Grot # 19 today.

(The goblin on the top is shamelesy stolen from Mord's TK =)
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:06 am

lol Komfritten have you seen my Trash-Kan..... loving yours he's awesome...

Mine is huge.... I guess he is compensating.

Da Orks

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:44 am

Hahah he's so awsome LGW =)

Love your theme, very complete!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 4:45 am

Komfritten wrote:
Hahah he's so awsome LGW =)

Love your theme, very complete!

thx your making me blush Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

LGW
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 8:49 am

Basecoated mechrite red an boltgun metal:

Komfrittens Painting Thread IMAG0055
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Cool orks and well executed too! That Black Reach ork is such a nice model (love the checks). Ace trash kan too.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 pm

Aaaaand the Trash Kan is as complete as I will be - and I must say I'm very pleased about it. I'll take some better pictures of it tomorrow with my camera, but for now this =)

Komfrittens Painting Thread IMAG0056

Komfrittens Painting Thread IMAG0058

Komfrittens Painting Thread IMAG0057

The greatest compliment I got (and could get imo) was my friend who wanted to know where I bought it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Painting Thread   Komfrittens Painting Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Komfrittens Painting Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next