Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)

Go down 
+6
skavenslayer
Mordheimer
Arachas
Gatlag Stonetooth
Da Bank
Laney
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) Empty
PostSubject: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:09 am

Hi Guys...

I've built a couple of special forces guys to join my naval armsmen squad (and to let me play around with some bullpup style weapons conversions)...

Sergeant Henry 'Hurricane' Sky

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000710

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000711

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000712

Sergeant Major William Lightfoot

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000713

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000714

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000715

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 8:22 am

Nice converting.

What company did you use for the paper terrain.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Cheers Da Bank - was just playing about with a few old bits - quite pleased with the results.

The paper terrain is World Works Games - ace terrain if you have the time to put it together (I want to buy the Malifaux stuff from them - top notch and pre-printed!),

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 6:41 pm

Sweet conversions! Those guns turned out very nice!
Where are the torsos from?
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:49 am

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Sweet conversions! Those guns turned out very nice!
Where are the torsos from?

Maxmini stuff, if I'm not mistaken.

Again RIDICULOUS, Lanes. Awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 4:17 am

Thanks Gents!

I'm pretty pleased with how they went - Due to certain Kickstarters my model budget is zero for a few months - so I've enjoyed the converting. I have another full bionic leg conversion to come - but the batteries have run out on my camera. Later today perhaps (then I'm on 10 days holiday).

Arachas has it right - Torsos from maxmini - they also do legs (when my budget returns - maxmini is my first stop for cool stuff - along with zealot).

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 8:18 am

Laney wrote:
... my model budget is zero for a few months - so I've enjoyed the converting.
With talent like yours... who needs a budget for new models? Amazing conversions.... truly outrageous!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:18 am

I really like these models, you are truly a insperation Very Happy

Love the maxmini.eu torsos, but where are the guns from ?

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:05 pm

@Skavenslayer: the top model has an autogun from Chapterhouse studios - these are amazingly detailed and they do lasguns and sniper rifles as well - I modified it to be a bullpup style lasgun. The lower model is a heavily converted catachan lasgun (again as a bullpup). I'd gone for a vaguely elysian look with them.

Ta Laney:D
Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 am

Found a project log of this gut doing the same bullpup (thats is with the magazine behind tripper, right ??) with a marine / bolter, guess it can be done with a IG guy aswell.

The guide can be found about halfway down page 1.

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:35 am

That's right - like the SA80. The Elysians use bullpup weapons.

Have you got a link to the guide (not sure what you mean by halfway down page 1).

Back to top Go down
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 11:15 am

Ofc, you dont know what I mean.... Im a idiot and forgot the link Very Happy

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?328658-Sons-of-Modinel-Update

Sorry about that Embarassed

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:05 pm

Thanks for the link - that stuff is gorgeous - the bolter would make for an excellent Deathwatch bolter conversion (with an added scope).

I've been playing around with a few airfix 1:76 tanks int he last few days - I've built a Panzer VI, Tiger I (horrible model to put together - the tracks particularly) and a Josef Stalin 3. I also have a Churchill VII, Comet (Revell - loads of flash) and 75mm Assault Gun to build. I'm thinking about a Sherman Frefly next. No paint yet. I do pics when I get time.

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Totally different and in the wrong place, but I thought this would be as good as any...

Soviet JS3 Tank (1945/6 Winter Camo) Completed...

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000716

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000717

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000718

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000719

Panzer IV (WIP)...

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000720

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000721

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000722

Tiger I (very WIP)...

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000723

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000724

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000725

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000726

Comments welcome (be nice the last airfix kit I did was 20 years ago!)

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 3:21 am

Finished Panzer IV... All except for the canister on the back (which will be in battlegrey)

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000727

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000728

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000729

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000730

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:34 pm

More snowy stuff...

This was a terrain piece that Mord bought me for painting up 'Da Albino'... It has been waiting for far too long primed and unpainted. Basic rust paint job, black undercoat, drybrush - medium blue-grey, then boltgun metal, then humbrol rust, then vermin brown, then blazing orange. Tamiya snow pastel pen over the top, including over fine turf flock and sand. Base finished in Deathworld Forest green.

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000731

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000732

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000733

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) P1000734

I have an ace missile launcher to do as well.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:57 am

Interesting stuff there Laney. Also, nice tanks!
Back to top Go down
littleducky

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 4:40 am

From a "resident navy seal gone pastry"(my boss describes me in that fashion) point of view, your bull pumps are a very good representation of a real firearm. I love weapons, the ps90 and steyr Aug are two of my favorites, and your customizations do them justice. I can't say the same for the bolters. I don't want to be a critic, but they don't look like a real bull pump at all. The whole action is behind the trigger, not just the magazine. This is just my ocd on guns. (I know right, I model orks, such masters of firearm technology, although 30 of my shootas are actually bolter-like replications from anvil industries, silencers, laser sights and all!)
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:38 am

Firearm realism aside, wondering if your gonna be updating this anytime soon Laney? I'm eager to see a little more of the IG conversions!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 am

Matt12z wrote:
Firearm realism aside, wondering if your gonna be updating this anytime soon Laney? I'm eager to see a little more of the IG conversions!

Seconded! Some of the coolest IG around in this thread!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 5:19 pm

Cheers gents,

As always I value constructive feedback little ducky - so thanks for your views. The trouble I found in modelling these is that the arms of the models don't provide enough room to fit the whole thing in. Leaving me with a kind of bullpupalike as you say. This is ok for test models, but I think next time I'll just buy some Elysians instead!

I've made no further progress on any models for almost a month - so maybe it's about time I picked up a paintbrush and knife! (at least when work give me some time!).

Hopefully I'll get some more ork pics up soon. IG are on hold (maybe Sedition Wars will give the necessary inspiration!).

Laney
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 1:12 am

Fantastic work as per-usual Laney,

What scale are the tanks? the winter look sounds easy to do but is dam hard to make it look right with out it looking like a bucket of twink fell over your minis.

love to see more of your tanks. I may try out some winter scheme with my Battlegroup Kursk.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 5:38 am

Hi LGW,

The tanks are 1:72 Airfix tanks. The Josef Stalin was a really simple kit compared to the Panzer and the painting was pretty easy (It meant I didn't need to do a tricky camo paintjob! The white paint needs to be thin and 'whitewashed' over the model (maskol covered edges help the final look), then bring the base coat back in with light drybrushing (great for demonstrating wear and tear) - I would probably have finished off the track sections separately had I known how tricky they were to get at!).

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 10:51 am

nice thought they looked big,
you could do Battlegroup Kursk with those tanks...

you doing any 1/72 infantry?

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 6:10 pm

No plans fpr infantry at this stage - just a few tanks I had fun building a while back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)   IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IG Conversions (Special Forces Squad)
Page 1 of 1