Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Infinity Experiment

Go down 
+5
horrid
Lazi
Da Bank
Laney
Arachas
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Wow. They look quite petite next to the guardsman!

Nice job on the tartan!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 3:02 am

I'm still messing with the paint scheme. I kind of like flashy yellow used so far. But I'm also curious to find out what you guys would think about this.

This is an example of the alternative scheme I was considering:

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 Tristan.

So that would work out in a lighter version of this. Obviously very WIP and the end result would have much brighter colors:

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-02-25103959_zpsfff93c87

But the yellow does look proper Nomad-y. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:13 pm

I think it is an interesting scheme, but as you said, yellow would be more Nomad-crazy Wink
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 4:00 pm

ALRIGHT. Seven months down the line, I finally got my first game of Infinity under my belt! I played Prius last Saturday and then another friend two times this week (we spend some time on holiday together and I'd packed all the scenery Smile).

Here's a shot of the first table we managed to put together:

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-07-24212549_zpsa03c07c4

Faithful readers of my battle reports may recognize some DS scenery in there. Wink

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-07-24212602_zps1e42b0f8

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-07-25202019_zps1264957c

The key to Infinity certainly is knowing when to strike. First there's the the order system, where each model on the table generates an order for you to use. Each order gives you the opportunity to take two short actions, or one long one. For example, shooting is a short skill, while Airborne Deployment (deep striking) is a long skill.

In short, this means that you can choose to pile up orders on a single model and have him go "rambo". This may seem overpowered, but if you lose the other models you will have less orders. In practice, most single models can't take out the enemy army on their own.

One of the reasons for this is the ARO. After the first player declares a short skill, all models that have LoS to the activated model (either at the start or during the execution of the skill) can declare an ARO: automatic reaction order.

Even if your single model is very powerful, he will be shot at every turn.

The ability to have a model make single moves and the choices that come with that, as well as the ARO system, make Infinity a very challenging game, tactically. I tanked both my games using DS tactics, for sure. Far too aggressive, for sure!

I will need a lot more games to get the hang of this. Meanwhile, I've been painting up some of the bare terrain you see in these pictures. Expect more to come, soon!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 7:28 am

Great looking table! Playinga game on terrain like that is bound to be cooler than just a normal setup. Smile
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 4:10 pm

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Great looking table! Playinga game on terrain like that is bound to be cooler than just a normal setup. Smile

It's still far too little. I need to get me some of those HDF buildings.
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 7:05 am

Loving the table. And the models look gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 8:42 am

By now I've played games with all of my gaming buddies: for two of them, it's their first wargame. Then there's Prius and Telruna, who have of course experience playing Death Squads.

It's a sure hit so far. In fact, two of these guys have actually started to become proper wargamers, having bought paint (instead of joining me on my painting sessions and chipping in). Whoa!

Considering we now have at least four regulars, I have converted my gaming room (oh yes, I have one) to hold two tables:

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-08-17151945_zpsd6a993fd

Hopefully, some cool battle reports soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 9:31 am

Sounds great, congratz on the expansion! Smile
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Also working on the playing surface and the terrain!

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-08-18184345_zps37bee4e9
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 am

Looks like some of the pics in this thread got lost. I did reorganise my Photobucket.

Here's some new ones! Haqqislam models for one of my mates:

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-11-21111139_zpsf5b13fb7

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-11-21111146_zpsdcec8525

OMG walking tanks rule. Wink

The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 2013-10-21121820_zps94e6b3d7
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 6:10 am

Nice paintjob on those Haqqislam models!
And that big ole ass robo looks menacing! I like it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Beautiful - Really nice work on those haqqislam - very clean, with lovely bases too!

Is that walker getting a similar paintjob?

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:30 pm

They look nice. The haqqislam models are very nice sculpts. Lots of detail and hard edges for painting. Your visors look very nice.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Laney wrote:
Beautiful - Really nice work on those haqqislam - very clean, with lovely bases too!

Is that walker getting a similar paintjob?

Laney Very Happy
The walker belongs with the model in front of it. It's getting a red/grey treatment.

The Haqq player hasn't yet bought any TAGs (as the walkers are called in Infinity), but he did buy a Remote: a smaller robot. Still very cool stuff. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Infinity Experiment   The Infinity Experiment - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Infinity Experiment
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2