Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Trek: Attack Wing

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Star Trek: Attack Wing  Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek: Attack Wing    Star Trek: Attack Wing  I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Star Trek: Attack Wing  NECA_USS_Enterprise1 Star Trek: Attack Wing  Necawing-2

http://wizkidsgames.com/startrek/star-trek-attack-wing/

Quote :
Game description from the publisher:

Star Trek: Attack Wing is a tactical space combat HeroClix miniatures game, featuring pre-painted ships from the Star Trek Universe.

By using the FlightPath maneuver system* (licensed from Fantasy Flight Games), players engage in exploration and combat, traversing sprawling Star Trek space maps made available via an in-store Organized Play program. As commander, players have the ability to customize, upgrade, and assign famous crewmembers to their fleets, which feature ships from the series' prominent empires and forces as well as special stats and abilities, and unique maneuvers on separate HeroClix Combat Dials.

Star Trek: Attack Wing is a standalone game which uses the core rule set of FFGs' FlightPath game system with a Star Trek twist, but is not compatible with other FlightPath games from FFG.

The FlightPath maneuver system used in Star Trek: Attack Wing is based on the original Game Design by Jason Little.

I love the X-wing game and the way it plays to have a game set in the Star Trek universe is awesome. With plenty of factions to choose from [Which X-wing lacks] I am sure there will be plenty for most Star Trek fans to choose from.

I'll post more as I get info regarding its launch [slotted for U.S summer.]
I am a little nervous around the mention of Hero clix I played that when I was more younger it was o.k but not what I want to play these days. But I am hoping the use of "Hero Clix" is more for the actions dial.

The other thing I am waiting to see is how the ships act considering that X-wing is a "Fighters" game while Star Trek are for much larger ships. Again Time will tell on how they adapt FFG's Flightpath system.

LGW
Back to top Go down

Star Trek: Attack Wing
Page 1 of 1