Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt12z

Matt12z

Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed Empty
PostSubject: Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed   Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:39 am

Hey all,

I came across a review on Graven Games, and am finding myself tempted to buy some figures from Warzone Mutant Chronicles. Apparently, it's only £21 or so for 80 guard figures. I know it means an identical army, but it would help create an infantry heavy army quickly. Would really appreciate some opinions.

Heres the link to the review:

http://gravengames.co.uk/warzone-bauhaus-imperial-soldiers-review/

And heres the link to the website for the figures themselves:

http://shop.princeaugust.ie/warzone-mutant-chronicles-wargame/warzone-games-expansion-sets/tg2420-1-warzone-mutant-chronicles-bag-of-80-plastic-soldiers/

Matt
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed   Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:37 pm

I'd go for it. It's dirtcheap and there's more than enough to do some conversions to make each squad look unique.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed   Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:32 pm

That is a pretty incredible price. If you are wanting a horde of guardsmen then it is a great deal.

The sprues and poses remind me of older GW starter box offerings. I think the models look alright and scale well with cadians.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed   Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:58 am

Thanks guys. I do like the idea of a horde of guardsman rushing across the board, getting killed by the bucketloads, and still managing to win the day by sheer weight of numbers alone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed   Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap Imperial Guard - Opinions needed
Page 1 of 1