Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! Empty
PostSubject: Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!   Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Onemonk miniatures is essentially one bloke who produces top notch cardstock 'standee' miniatures and used to charge very little and now charges nothing at all!

The website does a good line in imperial guard like paper models (called terra force). Enough to build a varied practice squad and play a few games, while you are modelling and painting that high quality exhibition standard squad (and no need to paint up a commander only to need a 'captain gimpy' for the very next game!).

The link is
http://www.onemonk.com/Home.html

Enjoy Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!   Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:56 pm

WOW!! I got an idea for a 'terrain piece'... kindda like an obstacle course. You know, those that have the 'cardboard' enemies popping out of places to measure the participant reflexes!!!

Wait after I finish TLRB v0.5.0... I will go paper-crazy!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!   Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 3:28 am

Great idea!

You could even build it into a fun scenario (of sorts), go with me here...

'Training Ground' Imperial Guard
The squad battle across this large piece of terrain and if within 3" of a cutout, it pops up. If the squad member has a ranged weapon roll against initiative, fail and you waste your shot for the turn. If the squad member has no ranged weapons then a failed initiative roll, starts a failed charge.

Hope this makes sense (and needs a significant amount of work - certainly not Ninja).

Your terrain idea just got me thinking Shocked (And that's never a good idea!)

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!   Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 10:39 am

02laney wrote:
'Training Ground' Imperial Guard
The squad battle across this large piece of terrain and if within 3" of a cutout, it pops up. If the squad member has a ranged weapon roll against initiative, fail and you waste your shot for the turn. If the squad member has no ranged weapons then a failed initiative roll, starts a failed charge.
You ARE a genius!!!

That could be a cool AND different Scenario! Ahhh... I'm deviating from TLRB... can't resist.... ahhhh.... screw it! Something like each player gets D6+1 tokens. After terrain is placed, but before any models are placed on the table, players takes turns to place tokens anywhere on the board. Each token has to be placed within 1" of a specific terrain feature (i.e a door, a window, a barrel, etc.) that would normally provide a Cover Save. During the game, any model that moves within 6" of any token may 'activate' it (they are motion sensitive!); on a 4+ a 'target practice cutout' pops up. A 'target practice cutout' has a Toughness 2, No Armor Save but gains the Cover Save of the terrain feature it is located.

ANY fighter may ignore the 'target practice cutout' as a Target Priority on a successful Initiative Test. {As you know, fighters have to shoot at the closest target, so even the activation may not mean that the 'target practice cutout' is his closest enemy AND it would affect other fighters too!} A fighter who considers the 'target practice cutout' his Target Priority must shoot at it (if he wants to shoot) as normal. If the target is shot and successfully Wounded, it is destroyed on a 2+ and the token is removed. All 'target practice cutouts' still viable are reset after the player who activated them ends his Turn and maybe activated by the next player as normal.

THIS SCENARIO IS AWESOME!!!! Thanks for the idea man!

OPTIONAL: For 'solo' games, you could add a 'Capture the Flag' and 'innocent civilian' elements... 3 flags at least 12" apart which must be collected to end the game. The 'innocent civilian' target should not be shot... when a 'target practice cutout' pops up, roll another D6; on a 4+ it is an 'innocent'. For every 'innocent' ignored (by passing a successful In Test) the Squad could get a d6 credits reward at the end.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!   Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:05 pm

Very nice Ninja effort on the initial idea. I'll have to give this one a go when the club starts up again in a couple of weeks time (Make for a good battle between the rival Varangians and Chem Dogs). I'll tell you how it works out.

Good Work Mordheimer!

cheers Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!   Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 2:46 pm

So people know about the 'targets'...

Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! TerraForce-Marines

Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! TerraForce-Basic-Troops

Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! TerraForce-Urban-Troops

Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! Female-Tavern-Patrons

Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! Male-Tavern-Patrons
Back to top Go down
StyrofoamKing

StyrofoamKing

PostSubject: Re: Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!   Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Hmm. I think it would be fun to do it like the 'blip' tokens, except non-moving. One player sets up tokens all over the board. Under each token is a number, 1, 2, or 3. The player is allowed to place only ten 1s, up to ten 2s, and the rest (15+) are 3s.

1 - Live Opponent. An actual defending model, from the defender's squad.
2 - a 'hostage' token. Not that hostages mean MUCH to the Imperials, but it helps to keep in practice.
3 - An enemy 'token'.

Whenever is model ends his movement phase with a token within his line of sight, it is automatically 'triggered' at the beginning of the shooting phase. All models that are able to see the triggered token may make one of two types of shots- a snapsnot, or a delayed shot. (Alternatively, they may choose not to shoot at all.) After all models have declared their target(s) and their choice of shot type, the targets are revealed (as in, 1, 2, or 3).

Snapsnot - You squeeze off a shot the second the target comes into range. If your weapon/condition penalizes you for 'moving and shooting', then these penalties apply- otherwise, shoot as normal.

However, if the target turns out to be a Hostage, you may not be able to stop your shot in time. Your warrior may make an Intiative test, to see if you respond in time. If the I test succeeds, continue to resolve the shot against the target, but at -2 to hit.

Delayed Shot - you wait the briefest of moments before firing. If firing against a Target fire as normal. If shooting against a Hostage, you may automatically decide to pull your 'shot', and do not fire any shots at the hostage.

If you take a Delayed Shot at a Live Opponent, however, the opposing model gets time to make a single shot against your firer. (This bonus attack is resolved immediately, before the delayed shoot attacks). If the sudden attack fails to injure your delayed firer, he may continue his shots as normal.

SCORING
+1 for each opponent taken out of action.
-1 For each Hostage target shot (will not drop BELOW the exp level the officer started the scenario with.)
+1/2 for each 'Enemy' target hit. Round up at the end of scenario.

Actually, might be a fun 'Officer-only level".
Back to top Go down
http://tangentartists.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!   Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Onemonk (Paper) Miniatures are Free!
Page 1 of 1