Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel Empty
PostSubject: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:17 pm

Hi Guys

This is a better pic of the Uruk-Hai from my intro thread, beside him is one of my Dark Angels...which still needs some highlighting!

Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel SDC10039

=]
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Alright!! A fellow DA player! I pray that they are actually DA instead of dark red angels......
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:51 pm

hehe well, thus far...my DA force consits of 3 Tactical Marines...hoping to have some Scouts just as soon as the Scout Squad's finished =]

First saw them in a White Dwarf AGES ago...I remember looking at the pics and thinking "Oooooohhhhhhh!" haha About a yaer or so ago I bought myself a book called Angels of Darkness by Gav Thorpe, I've been in love with the DA ever since =]

I'm not really happy with the paintjob on these 3 though...I need to put a bit more technique onto them...but I suck at highlighting haha
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:31 pm

That model looks VERY good... much clearer, besides the angle of the picture. He looks very menacing... cool IR model.

About the Dark Angels... uhhh... ohhh... me... meeeeee!!! Pick me!!!

Dozer has an AWESOME Dark Angels army. He takes time (and pride) in painting his models. Really cool stuff... as a bonus, he can bring a can-o-whoopass if you ever talk smack. heheheh... if you are nice, he may let you win (actually, his dice are SO CURSED... I bet $100 a blind monkey could present a nice challenge!) Hehehehe...

Seriously... check this thread for some of his guys.... and those are the 'crappy ones'... you should see the last batch!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:38 pm

I wouldn't mind adding a bit more depth to the leather parts...but I'm buying a black wash as we speak...so I'll see what that does Wink

Once I've got a bit of confidence up, I'm gona have a go at painting the DA symbol on the shoulder pad...as I've not got very many decals =[
I raelly wish GW would sell the decals separately...

I just checked out Dozer's Deathwing...I think I'm in love!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:24 pm

Dude... PM me your mailing address... I send you the decals for free... well, not free. It will cost you... PHOTOS!!! Just Kidding Ohhh... Dozer taught me a trick for decals... I need to find what is the name of the stuff. You put the decal as normal, then brush this liquid... it softens the decal so it warps the model. I thought (again) that he was pulling my leg... until I tried it. He was right (like always)!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 9:03 pm

75 cents a sheet
http://www.apocabitznow.com/store/c/243-Games-Workshop.aspx

in the UK
http://www.modelbits.co.uk/Bases+and+Transfers/Transfer+Sheets/Space+Marine+Transfer+Sheet.html?osCsid=sidphmiatd29khdu5mv9u32su5
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 11:30 pm

ahhhhh decals......a modelers best friend!!

I actually printed up some custom decals created specifically for the deathwing.

You can find them here!

I also use two different types of decals softeners from the company Microscale Industries (linky here)

One is called Micro Set. It is used to soften the decal off the the backing and allow it to "stick" to where you want it placed.

After placing it where you want it, you use what is called Micro Sol. This "softens" (it actually melts the decal to the model) and allows the decal to follow the curve of the shoulder pad nicely.

Couple of tips:
  • Make sure you purchase the correct blank decal sheets for your printer type. I know in the US they sell sheets made for laser and seperate ones that are made for inkjets.
  • Be sure to download or use the highest resolution as possible for the decals. If not you will get some nasty pixilation.
  • Always touch the edge of the transfer sheet. Be sure to not touch the printed decals. If at all possible, as soon as the sheet comes out of the printer, place it in a protective box or place. To give you an idea.....I placed a shoe box underneath my port for my printer and the transfer sheet slide right into the shoe box without me having to touch it.
  • After the sheet is dry, be sure to seal with a clear coat of any kind. Generally, if you do not want to go back after placement of the decal, you could use a dull coat sealer.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:20 am

Wow... forget me sending you stuff! Those are AWESOME decal sheets Dozer put on the link. Thanks bro! Also...

DoZer wrote:
I also use two different types of decals softeners from the company Microscale Industries (linky here)One is called Micro Set.
THAT is the stuff! Really... don't make the same mistake I ALWAYS make... listen to Dozer... he is right... always right. Embarassed heheh... the Mircro Set cost me $4.... and will last me a lifetime. That thing is like MAGIC.
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 6:39 am

Ahh that's all pretty cool! I can see myself ordering some stuff from the Model Bits site =D

I've not seen sheets for printing decals onto over here in the UK...I'll have to have another hunt around the craft/office supply stores, see what I can dig up =]
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 7:50 am

Not sure about this but do you guys get Testors stuff over there?

Testors makes a couple of different decal sheets. They have regular ones for printing in color, then they have white ones for printing white decals. They also have a decal system that includes a CD to create custom decals, as well as a regular and a white transfer sheet and it includes what they call Decal Bonder. It is a clear coat that will protect your decals after printing

Linky here
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:16 pm

I haven't heard of them, but I'll have a search aroundo n some UK sites & see what comes up...managed to find a few things I had no idea existed until I was told about it on here, so I expect these will be the same Wink
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 2:21 pm

I've managed to find this, judging by the reviews, it seems pretty good...admitedly I have no real idea with them though haha
What to do you think?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inkjet-water-slide-decal-paper-Clear/dp/B001JJMWS4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel   Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uruk-Hai & Dark Angel
Page 1 of 1