Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

W40K/W-F compatible mini's...

Go down 
+2
MathiasDark
Sandormen
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sandormen

Sandormen

W40K/W-F compatible mini's... Empty
PostSubject: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi!

I wonder if anyone have had the pleasure to make themselves aquaint with the Hasslefree Miniatures?
What I wonder is, how is the scaling of these mini's compared to Games Workshops'?
Are the scaling within specs, so to say.
They have some really good minis that i could think of would fit nicely in my Gang as juvies. -The problem is, I don't know if the small females with blasters will be more muscular and higher than the Marine Commander. Wouldn't really fit in then, eyh?

Have anyone seen them close up to give some inputs on them?

cheers in advance.
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:12 pm

If I remember rightly GW minis are 23mm scale...but I'm not 100%
They look good though =]
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:09 pm

MathiasDark wrote:
If I remember rightly GW minis are 23mm scale...but I'm not 100%
They look good though =]
Yeah. I read somewhere that GW is 28mm.
Hasslefree Minis seems to be 30+... ...Too bad. I like their looks.

I found that Reaper Chronoscope might fit better. They are supposedly around 25mm.
That should mean that regular humans should/could be used as regular gangers/juves in Death Squads.
I really like some of these.

Mira would fit so nicely in. Rex too. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:15 pm

I'd say they look about the right size =]
Back to top Go down
Corporal Dispensable

Corporal Dispensable

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 7:57 am

I picked up some Hasslefree accessories, and they scale nicely. About halfway down this page

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3179&page=3

is a pic showing samples from different manufacturers side-by-side.

Also, I've used miniatures from other lines with 40K and other games, and they look just fine on the tabletop. Close inspection may reveal a difference, but that's normally not a concern when gaming.
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 8:01 am

Corporal Dispensable wrote:
I picked up some Hasslefree accessories, and they scale nicely. About halfway down this page

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3179&page=3

is a pic showing samples from different manufacturers side-by-side.

Also, I've used miniatures from other lines with 40K and other games, and they look just fine on the tabletop. Close inspection may reveal a difference, but that's normally not a concern when gaming.

Cool. Thanks.
Guess I have to spend some more money, then... Mr. Burns
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 9:43 am

hasslefree is usually just a little bit taller on the imperial guard. But that could be attributed to the character just being a bit taller. It isn't rediculous looking in scale though.
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:02 am

dysturbed wrote:
hasslefree is usually just a little bit taller on the imperial guard. But that could be attributed to the character just being a bit taller. It isn't rediculous looking in scale though.

Yep. That is why them sexy female gangers will fit perfectly in. You know, long and tall, but not making any spacemarines looking like a spacedwarf, but everyone likes tall women though. -At least me. Wink

I did see a male hasslefree 'professional soldier'. I can't use those. They will be not only taller, butwill be more muscular than a spacemarine, even without any powerarmour to the hassle-model.

I must also stay away from the 'children'-models, they will also stand out too much for my likings.

It is the catch-22 of online shopping. Things looks great in pictures, but when you try the clothes on, so to say, the dissapointment might become overwhelming. affraid

I wonder if I ever get to actually play. 'Revisioning' the Squad all the time creates obstacles. Suspect
As work progress, I see that trying to add the best equipment during recruitment, and even throughout campaigns is falling behind in priority.
I'll hardly want to mess with a really cool out-of-the-box mini, wielding two swords, wearing no armour or helmet, or hardly anything at all.
She'll propably die quickly and horribly, but I am having a hard time getting myself modding those beautiful models into flakjacketed creatures. Thank G, that mesharmour and refractorshields are invented. -And how to upgrade those 'autoguns' into something more useful. Oy veh.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:19 am

Hope this helps:

W40K/W-F compatible mini's... P5060002
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 10:32 am

lol is that the shaun of the dead guy? on the far left?
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:42 pm

mudboy wrote:
Hope this helps:
(...image...)

Hahaha. Holy macrell, Batman! You are stealing my idea! LOL
Yes. That is very much what I intend to do.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 6:12 pm

COOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 11:31 am

Sandormen wrote:
mudboy wrote:
Hope this helps:
(...image...)

Hahaha. Holy macrell, Batman! You are stealing my idea! LOL
Yes. That is very much what I intend to do.

I wouldn't dream of it................W40K/W-F compatible mini's... Ninja
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 2:38 pm

A big bag of reaper mini's been ordered. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pics, eventually, when I get them painted, eventually.
Thanks for all informative help.
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 3:08 pm

I've ordered a few models from Hasslefreeminiatures...hoping they arrive tomorrow or Friday! They're amazing! =D
Back to top Go down
Sandormen

Sandormen

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:41 am

Nice!

The mini's has arrived at the postoffice. Will be picking them up tomorrow, after paying taxes, the import fee, and the import fee-taxes(!)

Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics of the soon-to-be-WIP's.

Looking forward to see yours, M-D!
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:29 am

I ordered a few models from hasslefreeminiatures.co.uk a few days ago, they arrived this morning. They're slightly smaller scale than the ones sold by GW but they're amazing! LOTS more detail!

I got a little note signed by Sally herself & a complimentary sweet ^_^

One of the models is going to be inducted into one of my squads, more than likely have her in my IG squad (once I find people that WANT to play against me...I'm not very well received in the local gaming community from what I can tell...so I'm aiming to make my own!)

I was blown away with one of the resin ruined cathedral sections they sell, so much detail! affraid

Only downside is I ordered some SA80 assault rifles (as used by the British army) for use with Death Squads but as they're the wrong scale, I won't be able to...the upside of this, is it's made me want to attempt MAKING some of my own! =] If they turn out looking anything like they should, I'll post pics Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: W40K/W-F compatible mini's...   W40K/W-F compatible mini's... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

W40K/W-F compatible mini's...
Page 1 of 1