Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game

Go down 
+4
Lord GreyWolf
Da Bank
dr!zzt
Dysturbed
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game Empty
PostSubject: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Maybe we should do something like this lol

Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:04 pm

well... i'm definietly choosing Death Squads
-no moving in sqads
-no overwatch
-simply simpler hittin'n'killin. Bazzilion of modifiers doesn't make game faunnier. just prolong the turn.

athough they have very nice buildings... damn... mine need some improwement
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:11 pm

Their cover rules come from 40K and AT43.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 11:38 pm

yeah mostly i posted this just so we could get the idea that maybe we should do a video of a deathsquads game once we get to the point we can do it. and we have 2 camera savy folks to play lol
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 am

Good idea
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 8:34 am

also we need to look at pod casts as well. a weekly/fortnightly or even bi-monthly.

We could talk about different aspects of Death Squads

what is it
How does it work
then go into : race specifics
Up and coming lists
errata

etc etc

Guess speakers talking about certain things. Interviews with the designers [Thats you Da Bank, Mord and DoZer... might want to brush up on your talking skills.]

just need to find some good people who know what they are doing.

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:25 am

This is good. We good get groups from world to do casts to
highlight groups from around the world.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:52 pm

exactly.

the world wide Death Squads phenomenon...

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:45 pm

I've always thought you should have the option of shooting into melee love that and actually suggested the retreating from melee rule they use. Exactly what I was thinking minimum move away both sides shoot.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:34 am

GREAT idea... not the right time, like it was suggested. Maybe after the SMSS and SMCS are done.

Not watched the videos yet. Rogal, if the 'retreat' concept is good, please post details on the current Staff thread. Me interested!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
StyrofoamKing

StyrofoamKing

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:54 am

I thought we DID have shooting into melee Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://tangentartists.com/
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:37 am

We do have shooting into Close Combat. It happened last night. Dozer kept trying to shoot me with his guys in HTH with me. It was very interesting.

Retreat, we can look at it but this is akin to Warhammer Fantasy and is a good way to get your butt handed to you if you are the one retreating.

With that I would hate to use something that has been posted like this.
Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:26 am

Not as a copyright issue or anything but I posted my idea for breaking off melee combat in this way well before this post was ever put up. My idea worked a slight bit differently but was basically the same. Seemed to work fairly well without adding any major burden to game-play.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:33 am

so basicly declare yourself as retreating. You move your movement distance to cover and can shoot after. This would be a form of movement and would take place during the movement phase. Seems simple enough adds a status token to the game but that isn't a big deal (it should have a killer rabbit on it and say run away run away).

Though i would say if you retreat from melee you should allow the opponet to attempt to slash at you as you are turning around and running away. This should not count as their turn for them either.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:29 am

Why declare it when you can move back already?
Back to top Go down
Rogal Dorn

Rogal Dorn

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:22 pm

I will repost the rule as I originally put it forth in exp. rules saw it a bit different then they use it.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 4:35 pm

Lets not confuse one thing with another. Idea of...

1) Filming Death Squads = My opinion is that is GREAT! We should do it.. but now is not the time. TLRB is still going through changes, and some core rules are being revised. Then it could make a GREAT teaching tool!

2) Shooting on Melee = Yes, Timmy... you CAN shot into a Close Combat. The rules are solid (fair and fun!)

3) Moving Away from Close Combat = Currently there is a thread on the Staff section, inquiring about the subject.

4) Retreat = Confusing.
  • - From a specific Melee Combat? Great, see above and post there.
  • - As a move to take few guys and move them 'back' to a new strategic position? Moving your models is your problem (as a Player), regardless of direction (forward or backwards) or intention (shoot, assault or hide). You can call it 'advancing', 'retreat', 'forwarding', 'embracing' or 'cowering'... naming such a movement is irrelevant to the rules. Add all the flavor you want. I personally call it 'taunting the enemy by showing them my ass'.
  • - As a Tactic forced by the game (something happens and you have to move certain models in an organized fashion to a rally point)? The key word is FORCED. We are moving away from this. A Panic Test is different, as it is cause by a specific rare situation (injected with a chemical, etc) rather than by 'loosing fighters'.
  • - From a game? It is called Voluntary Routing and has always existed; sure, the name is the incorrect (it should be called 'surrender') but the name is a legacy issue.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:13 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Lets not confuse one thing with another. Idea of...

1) Filming Death Squads = My opinion is that is GREAT! We should do it.. but now is not the time. TLRB is still going through changes, and some core rules are being revised. Then it could make a GREAT teaching tool!

2) Shooting on Melee = Yes, Timmy... you CAN shot into a Close Combat. The rules are solid (fair and fun!)

3) Moving Away from Close Combat = Currently there is a thread on the Staff section, inquiring about the subject.

4) Retreat = Confusing.
  • - From a specific Melee Combat? Great, see above and post there.
  • - As a move to take few guys and move them 'back' to a new strategic position? Moving your models is your problem (as a Player), regardless of direction (forward or backwards) or intention (shoot, assault or hide). You can call it 'advancing', 'retreat', 'forwarding', 'embracing' or 'cowering'... naming such a movement is irrelevant to the rules. Add all the flavor you want. I personally call it 'taunting the enemy by showing them my ass'.
  • - As a Tactic forced by the game (something happens and you have to move certain models in an organized fashion to a rally point)? The key word is FORCED. We are moving away from this. A Panic Test is different, as it is cause by a specific rare situation (injected with a chemical, etc) rather than by 'loosing fighters'.
  • - From a game? It is called Voluntary Routing and has always existed; sure, the name is the incorrect (it should be called 'surrender') but the name is a legacy issue.

Once again, Mordheimer is more precise with his words but this words was exactly what was running through my mind when it was suggested.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:41 pm

im joining their forum and putting our Deathsquads banner as my sig lol
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 1:27 am

HA! Well done... go and Dysturb them! I mean... no reason why I should be the only one not being able to sleep looking at your weird Avatars!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 2:02 pm

This is a bit off topic, but whatever. When checking out the game the question arose as to why a SciFi game was in the General Interest section...AND, LO, the answer hit moi. There's a Fanasty section, a Historical sectoin, & a 40K SECTION. Shouldn't this be Sci Fi Games? There ARE such things as NON 40K Sci Fi Games...unbelievable, but true. Suspect
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 7:42 pm

HERETIC!!!

edit:

although this weekend i'm going on Neuroschima LARP, and i was wondering where schould i post those heretic pics i'll make...
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 10:59 pm

dr!zzt wrote:
HERETIC!!!

edit:

although this weekend i'm going on Neuroschima LARP, and i was wondering where schould i post those heretic pics i'll make...

AND PROUD OF IT!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 11:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game   Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Primal Horizons - Skirmish Game
Page 1 of 1