Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I need an idea!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
exzachtly

I need an idea!! Empty
PostSubject: I need an idea!!   I need an idea!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:59 am

Hey everyone, its been over a year since ive last been on these forums and with summer vacation ramping up and with a well paying job, i'm thinking its time for me to blow the dust off my paints, and armies.

Ive made up my mind that I want to start working on a new army but with the hobby being as expensive as it is, ive decided to be careful and I am putting a lot of forethought and care into this.

I have a few requirements for what I would like this army to be, but I would love some recommendations and or new ideas that I can mull over.

Requirements:
Not terribly expensive (In the grand scheme of things)
The option to be conversion heavy and friendly
Unique
Infantry focused and excelling in cities and jungles
1000 point personal cap for this army to total to. IE, i dont want to make a huge army and thus would rather put alot of effort into each model.

Now ive considered a few types of armies. Some from direct inspiration from this site.
1. Grots (but to expensive to make a good army)
2. Adeptus Arbites
3. Genestealer Cult
4. The Fallen (Dark Angels)

Please, share some ideas or experiences with the above army types.

Thanks,
Viper
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

I need an idea!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need an idea!!   I need an idea!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Are you looking for a 40k army or a death squads army??
Back to top Go down
exzachtly

I need an idea!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need an idea!!   I need an idea!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:28 pm

40k.

I would likely convert a unit heavily for deathsquad but overall I want to make a new 40k army as well.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

I need an idea!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need an idea!!   I need an idea!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi exzachtly,

First - welcome to the forum (I know I should say hi in the welcome bit too)!

In terms of conversion and uniqueness - what about a chaos cultist/imperial renegades army (using the IG codex)?

You can convert heavily to fit any chaos mark (be it khorne like the blood pact, or nurgle forces like the ones out of siege of vraks, tzeentch, slaanesh - or a mix of marks). The bonus is that you can use a range of parts from warhammer sets to create cheap psykers, workers (penal legion) etc. Imagination is the only limit. Plus you can start slow with a cool death squad and create a small ally force of chaos marines (to lead your chaos cultists and eventaully chaos space marine squad).

It would be cheapish to build a 1000 point army like this, with some cool variations on iron hand straken/other special characters. Plus, with some GS you could easily convert old bulk bits buys from ebay to look very cool. If you keep it plastic then that will be cheaper and if you feel like you are flush later on you can always add a valkyrie or some cool transports etc.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I need an idea!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I need an idea!!   I need an idea!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need an idea!!
Page 1 of 1