Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer

Go down 
+2
mudboy
Laney
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Empty
PostSubject: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:59 am

Hi Mordheimer,

Just gotta say thanks for my 'AMPAROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE'. The model is absolutely superb, really unique and excellently executed - it means a lot that you tried new techniques just for this piece (as stretching yourself was part of what this was about). The freehand work on the model was really sharp - and I want a tutorial on the wooden crate!

My wife looked in horror at the little Grot, proclaiming 'He's sitting on the loo! Why is that? Who would do that?' I tried to explain, but while she appreciates the craft involved, she doesn't really get the aesthetic appeal (There is a compliment in there somewhere).

Thank you as well for the 'extras' you sent with him (including the packing worms!), I know it took a little while to get here - but you really shouldn't have! When my new display cabinet is built, they will be on the eye level shelf in the place of honour. The chaos warrior will be getting a special paint scheme (I'm thinking of following the WD one froma while ago).

Cheers again Laney cheers cheers cheers cheers

Now the pics... (MORDHEIMER ADD MORE QUALITY PICS PLEASE!) edit: The bloody computer is playing me up again - I'll post after work today - sorry!

And now, finally, the pics...!
Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Img_6840
Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Img_6841

A stand off between the Amparor and a Blood Angel (in awe of da golden throne)
Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Stand_10

Exclamation Start of Mordheimer's Edit Exclamation
Kome Adore Da Wun On Da Gold'n Throne!!!
- Waz do ya' wantz?
Da Warboss was in a VERY foul mood. Imperial Forces kept pouring in from the sky, but non would wage Waaagh! The Mek Boy grinned... he had The Perfect Plan!

- Boss! Mez know how to push da humies out of da shack, for some shagg'n! Dey kome out, an we pullz in... then you got yer WAAAGH! See... itz simple! Humies love da Amparor... he be squatt'n on da Gold'n Throne. I found me a Grotz, and his name be Amparor! We stik a krown and sit 'im on a throne... on top of some dakka. Da humies will be runnin' to Da Amparor, lik flies to rott'n meatz and wenz dey get close... BOOM! No more humies and you gotz a Waaagh! Da only probl'm is that da grotz may not make it.

- Not to worry about da Grotz... I got plen'y o' em feed'im da Squigs.

My piece is another Gretchin Booby Trap! It was supposed to be playable, as an Ork Booby Trap, but it seems it grew a little... and now is is more of a display piece. You could see the Gretchin "Amparor" sitting on this tiny gold-color toilet, on top of a captured Imperial Ammo Crate. The Orks did their very best to get the 'throne' room right... from the little table with toilet paper to the floor rug (as corny as my mother loves them!) He is sitting in front of a sign that reads "Kome Adore Da Wun On Da Gold'n Throne!!!" In one hand he has a royal scepter and in the other a dead-man switch (trigger) on the other. The trigger goes down to the ammo crate, where is linked to some bombs and TNT!

As a bonus, I made a Leg-Lamp with a Space Marine leg! The box on one side will say "FRE-GEE-LEE" in bold letters and "It must be" followed by an Italian Flag in a corner... in reference to the movie "The Christmas Story". The Gretchin will have an open book on his lap (as he could read!) that will have some text and the Death Squads logo... so he will be trying to learn how to play :DS with a copy of the TLRB v05.1.b! HA!

Amparor - Work in Progress (WIP)
Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP01

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP02

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP04

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP06

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP07

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP08

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP13

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP16

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer GretchinThroneFinalWIP18

Exclamation End of Mordheimer's Edit Exclamation

And not that it warranted it - a very cool Necron Warrior (this gave me an idea for a scenario - necron tomb world awakes! fighting in close quarters and escaping patrols of necron warriors - like the ciaphas cain book involving necron). Anyway I digress...
Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Img_6910

Exclamation Start of Mordheimer's Edit Exclamation
Necron Warrior (Original Squad and close up. For MORE Necrons, see this link)
Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Warriors-01

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Warriors-03
Exclamation End of Mordheimer's Edit Exclamation

Not to mention the chaos warrior (He's gonna get a thread all of his own) and the packaging worms originally from MathiasDark (which have traveled further than I have recently!). Note the vampire worm in the middle.
Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Img_6911

Ta Laney cheers He will definitely be sitting in pride of place - a genuine Mordheimer original!

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 4:01 pm

Pics now added - just so you know - sorry for the double post! Smile
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 am

It's great! And the Death Squads logo in the book is so cool cyclops
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:21 am

LOL Mord, you are a sick puppy...I admire that in a person. Suspect
VERY COOL & CREATIVE...makes a strong political statement. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
CONGRATULATIONS, 02laney!
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Ha! That's awesome!

& I had 2 thoughts about the snakes there...
1. They're the ones I used!
2. SYTRENE SNAKE ORGY!

Ahem...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:39 pm

@ Mathias: They are indeed the ones you used! Smile

Styrene snake orgy Shocked
Back to top Go down
MathiasDark

MathiasDark

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:41 pm

hehehe
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:25 pm

@ Laney: I'm glad you liked it! I started it after I knew you were going to receive it, so I made it thinking it would be for you! Like I told you, this small diorama is full of first for me. The patena ("verdigris") was my 1st try... and it was only possible thanks to your GREAT tutorial. My GS sculpting actually worked!!! And I tried to setup new elements (like the 'new' wood-technique!)

At all times, I wanted to take a little something that was from me... TLRB and Death Squads is OUR collective work... but this model was from me, to you! I'm honored that this little thing would be placed somewhere nice. My apologies to your wife... I never realized that 'the throne' is an American joke. I'm also very infantile (besides being almost 37), so potty humor always makes me laugh. Just Kidding

Again, my apologies for being SO LATE in shipping. I could say I was busy with updates to Death Squads or writing TLRB... but the truth is that I failed. Sad The Necron Warrior I sent you is actually one of the VERY models I ever painted (I kept the other 11)... so it is kindda bad, but it has sentimental value. Yes, even then I did the conversion of the Gauss Chamber (never liked the green). The Chaos guy was from GamesDay 2009... I know you would do WAY better than I could ever dream. Just remember to post pics! The little RODS are the same I used on the Necron. You could do cool things with it... I did this Chaos Objective for a friend, as a thank you for organizing some games.

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Chaos%20Objective%20B%20-%2001 Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer Chaos%20Objective%20B%20-%2002

May Amparor help you to break the ice among future gamers,
and as such you never run out of people to play!

@ mudboy: See? Even my models pressure me for a copy of TLRB! One of the reasons that the model was late was that book!

@ MathiasDark: YES!!! They are your wormies! I decided to TRY and start a tradition... I want to see how far they go. MUHAHAHAH! Worm-Orgy?!? Shocked

@ Guys: Thanks for the kind comments. Amparor is, by far, my most creative piece. It may not win a Golden Demon, but I bet that EVERYONE at a show would talk about him! Smile

PS: I will post more pics on the 1st post soon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:44 am

Love the objective marker (those necron coloured bits will find lots of uses) - the effect you achieved on the orb held in the claw is ace.

I thought about Da Amparor and how he would make a top poster boy for our new Death Squads campaign starting in September (And maybe make a special appearance in the final game!).

I will endeavour to do my very best onthe chaos warrior!

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:05 am

Awesome, I love the leg lamp.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer   Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Exchange 2010 Da Amparor by Mordheimer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling :: Prisoner Exchange 2010-
Jump to: