Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!) Empty
PostSubject: Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!)   Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 pm

First battle of the 13th Varangian Gamma Commando didn't go very well. They well and truly lived up to their name of the Imperial Bodybags.

Outline Details
My opponent was Way of the Warrior with his Eldar Squad. We played a simple skirmish game across a fairly open table with the Gamma Commando moving stealthily forward to flank the Eldar on the opposite side of the board during turn 1 - then it all went wrong!

The evil xenos opened up from cover and their lasbolts cut through the seemingly safe cover hitting Major Helios Jones (my captain) and taking him OOA with a single shot critical hit (Full recovery)!

Retaliation was on the mind of the Varangians and they continued to advance through what little cover was on the battlefield. Eli 'Deadeye' Dexter took a shot with his lasgun from almost maximum range, rolling a critical hit and taking one of the Eldar recruits OOA.

The next turn it all went wrong for Gamma Commando, despite the seemingly protective cover. The Eldar attacked on three fronts. The Eldar in the centre of the field firing at 'Deadeye' and with a swift critical took him out OOA (He suffered a lost eye -1BS). The Eldar firing from cover hit one of Gamma Commandos Sergeant with another critical hit and another OOA roll (Toughness -1, medic reroll = Full Recovery).

Finally, the Exarch and the two warrior aspirants strode confidently from behind cover, having spotted some of Gamma Commando sneaking around the flank. They shot at close range, shredding the nearest officer with yet another critical hit and taking him OOA (Full Recovery).

With the Eldar's seemingly supernatural ability to kill the Guardsmen at range they decided to make a tactical retreat and fight again another day.

Post Game:
The IG picked up 3ERs (75 credits) and found a sewer entrance, which Sergeant DeStokesy (An Old Leodensian of the Britannicus Cluster) entered, picking up 2 more ERs (70 credits).

Laney cheers

Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!)   Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:25 pm

great game laney i must admit i always seem to get lucky rolls against you XD
thanks for the game

w-o-t-w
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!)   Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Great game battle report... but no pics make me very Sad . Hehhehe... no matter, GREAT narrative. Wish I could go to the UK and play with you guys.

I'm looking forward to the next encounter, when the 13th Varangian Gamma Commandos will have their revenge against the Xenos! Sorry WoTW... nothing personal! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!)   Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:04 pm

lol no worries mordhiemer your basicly encouraging laney to challenge to rematch which would be another victory to the eldar
JW mord should i post my squad list if yes were thanks
w-o-t-w
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!)   Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 4:29 pm

POST YOUR SQUAD!!! Even if they are Fairies... love to see 'em! WAAAGH! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!)   Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Varangian Gamma Campaign (no pics sorry!)
Page 1 of 1