The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

13th (Varangian) Gamma Commandos: Standard Bearer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commandos: Standard Bearer   Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:15 am

VERY COOL STUFF! Standards are a specialty with moi,; so I tend to be a bit critical...yours turner out SUPER! I REALLY LOVE how you did the Power Sword on the Communications Guy. GREAT WORK!
Back to top Go down
Patriarch_79

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commandos: Standard Bearer   Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:01 pm

Hey Laney,

great guard models, nice poses & they look really kitted out for a full tour of duty !

can i offer a tip on the paints? i noticed some of your surfaces have a slightly powdery look to them, you can resolve this by thinning them slightly with a little water which should give a smoother look. Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commandos: Standard Bearer   Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:36 am

Thanks for the feedback Patriarch. Yes, the skin in particular on these guys was not my finest hour. I could do with thinning my paints a little more, but I'm essentially lazy! Very Happy
I don't think the flash or the close-ups help on my camera as the layers show up really clearly when they don't on the model proper. I have plans for a 3rd guard squad soon (possibly rogue trader led) when I can refine the painting a little - and maybe I should properly finish off the other squads I have in the mix.

Laney cheers

cody20

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commandos: Standard Bearer   Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:16 am

Laney. you need to make me a squad and paint it up for me, thats all im saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13th (Varangian) Gamma Commandos: Standard Bearer   Today at 4:40 pm

Back to top Go down

13th (Varangian) Gamma Commandos: Standard Bearer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2