Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Town of Novac.

Go down 
+13
cody20
Narcissus
Lord GreyWolf
ClausLars
Colonel Prius
Laney
dumdeedum
Arachas
Gatlag Stonetooth
Chuchosky
edward
Mordheimer
Komfritten
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Oh! Cool shadow idea!

Way to improve the creepiness of the terrain pale
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Found an old sunglass-holder (thingie), and just had to put it to use. So here is the initially idea:

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 2011-08-28230615

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 2011-08-28230657

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 2011-08-28230636

I will apply stairs on top of the tubes, and some ladders here and there. Stay tuned for more.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:25 pm

nice
I got to get me a hot glue gun.... I can make heaps of different scenery but its my lack of painting skills that let me down....

looking forward to seeing this part of Novac painted up.....

you going to do a Chemical pool? would be an interesting side part you could have a dead animal floating on the surface.

Or how about a Atomic/Nuclear plant that is destroyed it could be the reason for the way the city looks like it does.

Or what about the CDC [or WH40k variant of that group] you could have a destroyed Lab with corpse laying around the breached walls [all with head shots] would make the table versatile [eg Death Squads and Zombie mayhem boards]

I want Plague Zombies to come into the game....

Death Squad Beastiary V1.1 wrote:
PLAGUE ZOMBIES:
Plague zombies are victims of a virulent and deadly viral infection known as the "Zombie Plague" or the "Curse of Unbelief", spread by the minions of the Chaos God Nurgle. Not only do they die as the result of the disease, they return as undead, mindlessly devoted to adding their former comrades-in-arms to their number by infecting them with the Zombie Plague virus they carry in their saliva. The Curse of Unbelief has appeared in the underhives of Necromunda and in Chaos-influenced regions of the Segmentum Obscurus near the Eye of Terror, with documented instances of undead fighting against the servants of the Emperor going all the way back to the final days of the Great Crusade before the Horus Heresy, such as during the Luna Wolves Legion's assault upon the moon of the world of Davin. The first recorded instance of the Zombie Plague in the 41st Millennium was on the world of Hydra Minoris in 757.M41. A quarantine was imposed by the Imperial Navy, trapping 23 billion uninfected people alongside a rising tide of hungry and mindless undead.
The Curse of Unbelief is a spiritual as much as physical contagion, hence its name, afflicting those lacking a pure faith in the Emperor. The disease is one of the multitudes of foul contagions spread by the Plague Fleets of Nurgle; most notably the warships of the Chaos Champion Typhus of the Death Guard Traitor Legion. Plague zombies act very much like the zombies in films of today, mindless, shambling and cannibalistic. The main thing about plague zombies (and zombies in general) is that they are hard to kill and require an accurate shot to the head to put them down for good.

Food for thought.......... <EVIL GRIN>

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Yeah I thought of making a pool of some dangerous substance. Running from one of the pipes / tubes wich broke some time ago Wink

I "love" zombies too - so it would be cool to have them start from this site.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Komfritten wrote:
Yeah I thought of making a pool of some dangerous substance. Running from one of the pipes / tubes wich broke some time ago Wink

I "love" zombies too - so it would be cool to have them start from this site.

awesome sitting on the edge of my seat in anticipation.......
love your work Komfritten..... maybe I need to steal your talent and Laney's liquefy it and sell it as a new painting enhancement. I'd be rich......
I'd be happy to have 10% of yours and Laney's amazing skills.....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 6:33 pm

And with some doors, windows and some overhanging walkways:

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 2011-08-29002900

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 2011-08-29002919
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:21 pm

great work

it going to be one nice piece for Novac...... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 12:26 am

Amazing work!

CRITIQUE: The 1st floor has no windows... thus is not functional for the game.

IDEAS: Maybe a gaping hole on the 1st floor will allow you to 'regain' the 1st floor functionality, as it would give you room to place models for combat.

If it is not too late, make sure that the roof is removable. It will increase the "playability" of the terrain... it is practical to remove the roof, move models inside and then put the roof back. You gain a fully functional 2nd floor.

All in all... Novac IS the envy of many of us! GREAT work man! THANKS for sharing. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:56 am

Point taken on the 2nd floor, I'll make the roof removable. But I think I'll make.the 1st floor Inaccessible... Maybe...

Think I'll have to go back soon and finish some of the others Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:25 am

This has the potential to be the best piece yet. Sir, you are a machine at terrain building!

On the playability side of things (I'm with Mord on opening up the bottom - just a little - a blast hole and rubble would be cool) - walkways (with railings) across the pipes leading to ladders would make all areas of the piece functional.

Great work

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:07 am

So you rat up against me?! Eh!?

I was not aiming to open up the bottom lvl, as I was too lazy to do something about it, but peer pressure is a (censored)!

I'll try to make it make sense, as I had not build it to be opened up, so the proportions inside are a little wicked Wink

Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:25 am

OK now it's done! And I hate to admit - it's better... damn you and your usefull critisism cheers

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 2011-08-29122119

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 2011-08-29122202

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 2011-08-29122228

Now I'll go get the little one, and hopefully get some more work done tonight (childrens leave are awsome Just Kidding )
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:38 am

wow its amazing what a simple idea can do to that piece.

it completely opens it up to a new dimension.....

Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel 3 dancing space marines for you Komfritten oh and one Dreadnought LOL

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:38 am

WOW! I think we have to make a new word to describe your terrain! The potential is AMAZING! Now is very functional. By experience, the Death Squad's Experience tm is very different (more enjoyable) when you have multiple levels and places to crawl. The blast damage is perfect! you have space to move models and the windows will give Fighter places to shoot. Suddenly this terrain is nothing to put on the table, but something you MUST have on the table!

Congratulations on another great piece of terrain!

Blood Angel BRAVO!!! Blood Angel
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:44 am

Mordheimer wrote:
All in all... Novac IS the envy of many of us! GREAT work man! THANKS for sharing. Thumbs Up
That's a sure thing! I'm walking around with the idea of creating a chem pool or something like that for quite some time. I bet Komfritten will have it built before I even get out the plastics! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:28 am

Uuuh chem pool ?!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:37 am

Komfritten wrote:

You said it! Very Happy
Acid pit, pool o' crap whatever you may name it. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:42 am

Look at the avatar Wink attention span zero Hehe
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:35 pm

Man your terrain is all kinds of awesome and amazing, one day i might take up a project like this, making a really amazing town or something similar. But it will just be a town if i make it.

Keep up the good work man, I can't wait to see it all painted Smile
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:14 pm

The new shanty-town thread, kick-started me into building again, after the "silo-incident". Here's some WiPs:

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 IMAG0069

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 IMAG0068

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 IMAG0067

It's like kindergarden again! Glue, sissors and sticky fingers! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:52 pm

Nice. I love shanty towns and the look of this style of pieces. Here is a cool one on terragenesis http://www.terragenesis.co.uk/competitions/entry.php?id=279. Did you use a paper crimper?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 4:54 pm

I found a box of cardboard crimped on one side in my GF's closet... But I need one o' those crimpers...
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 5:08 pm

What's the stuff you use for the 'plant' building? Some kind of plaster?
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:44 pm

Having to go back to work (childrens leave's over...) the building commences at ba slower pace but relentless none the less Wink

Having learnt from Narcissus I've converted the pictures to grey scale - and that's cool =)

Here's some more WiPs:

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 IMAG0072

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 IMAG0070

The Town of Novac. - Page 4 IMAG0071

Last edited by Komfritten on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:09 pm

Excellent Shanty compound... Salute The B&W pics are great to visualize it... and I know your work will NOT disappoint either! Great for Orks and Humans alike! Who said we couldn't get along?

Me... I say, WAAAGH!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Town of Novac.
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next