Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some Tau by Laney

Go down 
+4
Colonel Prius
Arachas
Narcissus
Laney
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:58 am

With the 41st almost finished, I've started modelling a tau squad - beginning with the firewarriors. I plan to include a couple of Gue'vesa and a stealthsuit or two as well. The squad will be a mix of male and female (using the cool alien heads from zealot miniatures) the idea being that they have been working behind enemy lines and unable to resupply for some time - so some equipment has been fixed/modified and some carry pieces of imperial kit as well.

The tau models are nice and have some cool poses - but the arms are really low on variety and weapon options - if anyone has conversion ideas and possible colour schemes (some sort of camo probably) I'd love to know.

Here they are...
Some Tau by Laney Img_8434
Some Tau by Laney Img_8510
Some Tau by Laney Img_8511
Some Tau by Laney Img_8512

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 2:38 am

Looking nice. I'll be interested to see those Tau heads painted up.

Quick question about the dragon forge cables; how do you attach yours? Super glue only? Drilled and glued? Any issues with them coming off. I worked with some for the first time today. They are really nice.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Arachas

Arachas

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 4:11 am

Tau really need an update in the model department. I love what you did with the extra heads and power cables.

If you need any tips on how to do your officers, I can tell you... in secret. Wink
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 6:19 am

Hmm, interesting. What is the arm and shoulder plate bit you used on the helmeted one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 7:17 am

Looking nice so far, I've always liked the Tau models.
Still want some for my conversion needs.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 9:57 am

Laney... our resident model kit-basher! Wow! Creative work indeed! Some ideas on painting...

Some Tau by Laney TRON-XV89-Crisis-Battlesuit Some Tau by Laney Attachment

Some Tau by Laney 25721_md-Dakka%20Painting%20Challenge,%20Jungle%20Warfare,%20Stealth%20Suit,%20Tau

Honestly.. this is how I see Tau...
Some Tau by Laney Attachment

Now, for today's Google Puzzler; I searched for "Tau Stealth Suit Paint" and I got this...
Some Tau by Laney Painting%20suits
From this blog (http://www.contemporarypaintings.eu/painting-suits/) Tau Suit? HA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 12:50 pm

That little picture of the stealth suit looks incredible. I'm liking how your models are looking too Laney, can't wait to see your camo painting on the Tau, it'll be amazing if your IG is anything to go by.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:54 pm

The tron look is cool, but I've done that before - I was pondering digital camo (which would be insane to paint but might work).

@Prius - the arm and shoulder pads are from the stealthsuit in plastic (I might get a few more of these).

@Narcissus - I usually drill and glue. If possible I now connect the parts separate from the rest of the model and then bend into shape (it doesn't always work). I find the smaller pipes are more useful (the big ones are great for orks though) for IG. The middle ones are a mm too big for my drill bit and need to be wiggled into place.

Ta Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 4:50 am

Digital camo might be insane, but you could also try this:

I'm planning on doing something like this for my Urban Fighter squad.

Some Tau by Laney Metal_gear_solid_3_snake_ea1
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:05 pm

i've also found FW hard to convert- models are already in cool poses and all, but all those short arms give little place to maneuver with weird ideas. only thing i'm pretty pleased were probably my first convertion ever- just by adding some matches i equipped common FW with rail rifle. it was also one of my first painted models, so he's ugly anyway Very Happy also it's preety useful to use arms from tank leader, those with binoculars. for now i'm trying to mount something on hamerhead, what will need a lot of changes fot this little blue bastards Very Happy we'll see
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 12:46 pm

dr!zzt!!!! Open a thread with pics... you know I'm a fan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

Some Tau by Laney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some Tau by Laney   Some Tau by Laney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some Tau by Laney
Page 1 of 1