Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Recent battle report

Go down 
+2
Arachas
Duce
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Duce

Duce

Recent battle report Empty
PostSubject: Recent battle report   Recent battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:28 am

Played a new squad game on Saturday with my cadians proving to be lucky sods as well as me rolling awesome in income and resources on a lost Archotech mission (Second roll I rolled an 11 and raced it off the field within a few turns).

One query thoyugh is what happens to guys on the floor when flamed, do I still have to roll to wound or is it assumd their auto wounded?

The game was great fun and I went for a cheap mas sguard force.

My Roster was as follows:

Heroes:

Captain - autogun
2x Lieutenant - autogun
2x Sergeant - autopistol and sword

Henchmen:
2x Heavy weapon specalist - flamer
6x infantry - autogun

I squared up against Ciaran's Renegades who numbered slightly less I think he was all heroes, some bolters autoguns and the likes as well as 2 flamers.

Mission was rolled up and it was lost Archotech. basically 9 counters are put across the board evenly in rows of 3, 1 row across the middle and the other 2 evenly spaced form it and the board edge (about 12inches from the board edge).

I won first turn and deployed in three groups, central group was my Lieutenants, captain and 2 infantry, left and right, were a sergeant, flamer and 2 infantry.

Ciaran deployed roughly two groups of guys just off center on the left and right.

Turn 1, I race forward and take up positions and slightly split the left and right groups into 2 smaller ones.

Recent battle report IMG-20111112-00032

I begin by rolling for the lost archotech (the big dice are the counters) needing a 10 and adding +1 after each one searched. This means It should end up in the middle somewhere going by average rolls, but boom second roll I roll an 11 and its mine.

Recent battle report IMG-20111112-00033

The game just got alot easier, we both decide if I get it off the field (Using 2 men to move normal movement of 4 inches a turn instead of being slowed by 2 inches if only one guy carries it) within the 3 turns it will take we'd continue for a few turns to learn the game.

Ciaran moves up his guys in groups hoping to make a breakthrough and maybe get my running guys with the loot.

Recent battle report IMG-20111112-00034

Battle is joined but our shots ping off the cover (the normal buildings are 5+) which is all that is standing between death or life since neither of us have armour.

Recent battle report IMG-20111112-00035

Ciaran downs my captain (Guy with plasmagun model repping autogun in middle on building) but hes just shaken, in reply I down a few of his guys and then he downs a few more of mine.

The right flank becomes messy (My right) and more guys for him go down either OOA (Out of action) or stunned. for me its a few OOA or shaken. Though my flamer guy laughs at his shots as they bounce around him before flaming again catching guys in the blast and OOA'ing one and shaking another.

Here he is having fun.

Recent battle report IMG-20111112-00036

On the opposite flank his flamer guy is still going strong but the rest of his guys are on the floor mostly, some of mine go down to a flamer blast and my captain climbs back up form being shaken again to pop a guy in a building opposite with 2 shots needing 5s to hit and 4's to wound, both hit and he goes OOA. He wasn't pleased with being downed we suspect.

My left flank towards the end of the game. The orange guy facing to the left of the pic towards the other orangemen is a borrowed flamer guy. He OOA's my flamer on this flank.

Recent battle report IMG-20111112-00037

Game ends with him bottling I think... or was it me just saying I bottle to get to the after match part?

He got a few creds, his captain lived, 1 of his normal infantry died and flamer guy dued and one infantry guy lived. Don't remember his full gains but he got more from the assets part.

I got my Lieutenant back, with prefered enemy to his squad! flamer guy lived, normal guy lived, and one died. I scored 18 creds from mission, 40 more from my assets gained in the fight, more form the astrotech, along with some frag nades, more assets, a power weapon, and something else... I rolled like a king.

Basically I could now afford shields for the Sgts, another 2 guys, one replacing the dead guy, the power weapon would go on a sgt and Lieutenant would take his sword (Lie's and cpt ahve higher BS so I want them shooting not in HTH) as well as some more stuff. Though Ciaranwouldn't have continued he says once things got bad so my exp sadly would have been lower. But the income the same.

Great game and definately having another go.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Recent battle report   Recent battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:46 am

I took the liberty of copying your report into your post. Way too awesome a report to have to click for!

AWESOME stuff! Nice use of the Mordheim terrain (oh, the memories). Thanks for all the details and the great pics!

Btw, if you feel like it, could you help us by providing us with some data??
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Recent battle report   Recent battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:33 am

YES!!! Awesome! How did you liked the Scenario? This is a nice variation of the Hidden Treasure from Mordheim, but we tweaked with the math to make the 'treasure' easier to find the more you look, to avoid the automatic Cheese that occurs in Mordheim's scenario. What I personally like is that is still random... like what happened to you!

Your terrain and models look very good! Thanks for sharing (WITH PICS TOO!!!!) If you could help us gather data, as Arachas valiantly mentioned, we would be VERY grateful!

I see you had one question...
Duce wrote:
One query thoyugh is what happens to guys on the floor when flamed, do I still have to roll to wound or is it assumd their auto wounded?
A Flamer automatically hits all Fighters who's base is partially under the template; this means that you do not need to roll To-Hit... they are all engulfed by the flames. Now you roll To-Wound as normal against each Fighter; Flamer is S3 vs Fighter's T. The advantage of +2 to Cover Saves (when you get shot while down) is negated by the Flamer, which ignores Cover Saves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Recent battle report   Recent battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Nice battle report. Looks like a fun battle with lots of fighting. What did you think of the game?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Recent battle report   Recent battle report I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Cool report - always good to see more people enjoying Death Squads!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Duce

Duce

PostSubject: Re: Recent battle report   Recent battle report I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 10:24 am

I astually tried to get practise games for it when Mord and DaBank were starting out on Tom's Mordheim forums, but finding opponents at the time sucked. Finally got some people to play it seems now Smile
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Recent battle report   Recent battle report I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 2:51 pm

Great report, I'm still dying to find players personally.

In the spirit of learning I figure I should point out that the Power Sword can't go to your Sgt. They're labeled as Leader only in the armory for IG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent battle report   Recent battle report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recent battle report
Page 1 of 1