Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log

Go down 
+10
Gatlag Stonetooth
DeafNala
Arachas
Da Bank
El_Toro
mudboy
Laney
Mordheimer
Lazi
Komfritten
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:18 am

A fast WIP, to show I'm still in the game.

Started to paint the prisoner:

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 2012-03-07%2012.15.21-1

He's basically just basecoated now Wink
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 7:33 am

"Do we really have to use HIM?" he asked, as he nervously looked over at the docking bay. Detecting a slight hostility in the other mans voice he winced, as the reply was: "It's really not a him - It's an it!" looking in the same direction the owner of the voice continued "You would do well to remember that - It's a tool of the Emperor, noting more; nothing less". Willing his eyes away from the docking bay, the first man replied reproachfully "I know - I know, but ... it ... just seem to have a will of it's own. Like when I order it to do something, it just seem to do more - I just don't like it!" he said, turning away from the bay. "Do anyone know what h... it, were before it became a servitor?". The other man started walking, leaving the other one running at his heels, answering over his shoulder - his voice clearly hostile: "You would do well not to ask too many questions, friend" the last word sounded more like a threat than an aknowledgement of friendship "the servitor does our bidding, and it does it well - thats all you - and I for that sake - need to know. Keep to your dutes, and get its weaponry up and running - I have a job for it". Being dismissed in this manner, the man stopped slowly. Catching a movement at the corner of his eye, he spun around and observed the thing in the docking bay intently. Had it moved? Was it looking at him? Did it hate him? Resent him? He felt a chill go down his spine as he returned to the combat servitor, and began his daily routine checking its weapons and circuits...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:15 am

The model looks awesome! The early WiP paints settled well! The story, on the other hand... WOW!!!

You managed to elevate a Servitor from a mundane anonymous crappy machine to ... well, I can't say! The point is that I care about this Servitor! He... I mean, it... is now important. He... I mean, it... has a past, present and future in the 40k universe, and all of it is very interesting and cool. I wonder now who he was (and yes, at that time it was a he!), what happened, how he became an it, how it can do more (there is a hint of darkness here!) and what will happen in the future. Excellent piece of writing!

Thumbs Up WOW!!! Thanks for making my morning! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks mord - always nice to make someones morning - even though its guite afternoon here Wink

The face is getting there... just tried to get it as creepy and weird as possible:

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 2012-03-07%2013.44.48-1
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:00 am

NICE TEETH...& lots of them. The lower body in particular turned out wonderfully...a GREAT looking piece. The background fluff fits with both the mini & the nihilistic outlook of G.W.'s "dark future". This is going to be a little treasure. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 am

The face is WAY better! That is something I still need to learn... I have no 'vision'. I mean, I would have bet good money (which btw, I don't have) that the face would be a shade of blue. Instead... SURPRISE! Creepy pinkish tones. EXCELLENT! The eyes are mysterious and the teeth creepy! Excellent job!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 pm

::: Exept from dataslate :::

I have come to a dead end. Again the restrictions laid upon me hinders my work. As for now, I have to start from scratch again. Those phenomena in space are peculiar, and interesting; I have yet to find out a way to utilize or at least study it.

I've found new employers! How wonderfull to be able to work with - or rather, in this case, under - people who understand the importance of my work, and does not try to hinder it under excuses as ethics or morale. Science is simply just that: science.

My new empoyers are a weird bunch. I am getting more and more certain that they keep me here for observation rather than to further my work. They are interested enough, no problem there, but they seem to analyze and catagorize everything I say and do both. It is getting earie. But to this day I have not been hindered in either movement or reserch.

What is a soul? Not as much as the essence of wich we are deep within, but more what are the worth of said essence? Is it something to be treasured, to be used or just to have as for the body to function? I do not yet know. I need to find out soon - for I have the function and the means to put it to use. Now I just have to do it... And the word "just" is the case here - is it "just" something to do? I am a scentist after all - not some backwater preacher, preacing for the plebs and mobs! To give life and to take life... and to sustain life - that must be my prerogative.

::: end file :::
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:24 am

Not much further with the work, but started on the shacles for the prisoner

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 2012-03-11%2012.22.38-1
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:53 pm

Wow! Another sweet project!
Strange that I missed this thread earlier though...
The prisoner is looking great and so is the servitor! Keep up the goods! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:56 pm

Having run out of time, I had to change the project a little. But fret not! It's comming to it's conclusion.

This is the near finished models:

The Servitor:

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 20120426_215140-1

The Prisoner:

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 20120426_215216-1

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 20120426_215823-1

The chain was dropped, but maybe it will show up someday (?!)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:04 pm

Too bad about the chain, but the minis are INCREDIBLY COOL, BEAUTIFULLY PAINTED examples of creative conversion work at its finest. VERY WELL DONE!
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:06 pm

Great paint on the servant of the Prince of Chaos!

Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdwwii.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:33 pm

No Chain!?!?! No problem! Wink

Excellent models! The banner is VERY cool!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:57 am

Wow, they look amazing. How did you do the banner?
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:43 am

Printed on paper , dipped in glue. (the one for minis ) and paintet the. edges with scab red. Then. washed. with gryphonne sepia.

Its on a tutorial somwhere.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:46 pm

Now they are put in a box. Shipping monday. Hopefully it will get there in time.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 5:35 pm

It got here in time (and in one piece)! Wohoo!

I'll post up some pictures tomorrow, but for now I just wanted to say how much I like them. Especially the daemon worm kinda thing. The pictures above don't show it, but it has hair growing out of the back. Creepiest thing I've ever seen on a model. It truly is unique! Judging by the painting it has also received a superb airbrush treatment, the depth in color is something I cannot do. I now have no excuse not to continue building my chaos squad. And the servitor, from the right angle it really looks like he is flying inches above the ground. I can already see me using this one in my current guard squad, or even in my GK 40k army, if I ever get to play a game again.

Thank you very much Komfritten, for these great models, they are a great addition to my collection.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:20 pm

PICS! I demand pics of the worm's hairy back!

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 Hairy%252520back
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:22 am

Really happy you like it, and hoped it would fit your chaos squad Wink
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:58 am

Really nice work. This will make someone very happy.
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Ok then, as promised, albeit a bit later than promised, pictures!

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 Servitors

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 Demons

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 Servitor1
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:03 pm

That last picture is photoshopped, is it not? It looks very cool.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 3:05 pm

yes, a quick and dirty 'shop, but effective enough.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 4:07 pm

Wow, those are great. I found the "hair" on the back of the pink thing pretty neat.

Nice photoshop. It looks better than the last GW movie about Space Marines.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 10:00 pm

MAN! Those hairs are creepy!!! I was thinking it was some flock stuck to the model. BRILLIANT!

Da Bank wrote:
Nice photoshop. It looks better than the last GW movie about Space Marines.
HAHHA!!! +1 Internet for you, DaBank!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log    Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log   - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Komfritten's Prisoner Exchange Log
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next