Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mordheim Sign

Go down 
+5
Librarian
Laney
mudboy
dr!zzt
Mordheimer
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:44 pm

Well, I'm NOT painting right now (busy writing TLRB) but I'm so freaked out by the talent, that I wanted to share some of my work. This is a trophy I made for a Mordheim Special Event I coordinated... the winner (great guy... BIG MATT, I still salute you!) insisted that I keep the trophy. I tried to refuse his offer, but at the end he won. I'm glad! Wink

The model is around 5" tall, composed of non-GW models. The sign was hand-written (by me!) and it says "Welcome to Mordheim, A Great Place to Live!"... me and my stupid jokes! Just Kidding In my mind, Wyrdstone is clean and crystaline (like quartz) but with clean eerie shine! This was my 1st attempt at Object Source Lighting (OSL), and I don't think is that bad.

Mordheim Sign WelcometoMordheim01

Mordheim Sign WelcometoMordheim02

Mordheim Sign WelcometoMordheim03

Mordheim Sign WelcometoMordheim04

Mordheim Sign WelcometoMordheim05

Mordheim Sign WelcometoMordheim06

Comments and critiques are always welcomed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:24 pm

well... I would not give it back Very Happy like it very much.
The glow on the wall is from the OSL or painted?
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:29 pm

Wow affraid That's nice. I demand you make one for me Wink
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Very nice. The osl is subtle and effective - good use of the luminous plastic pieces, not to mention the models (some sort of bone swarm?).

I love the sign by the way, Mordheim is all about the grotesque, with a kind of warped humour attached IMO.

How did you do the eyes on the skeletons - simple yet creepily effective.

Good job - Any more you can show us? I reckon there's got to be more - right?

cheers Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Thanks guys.
dr!zzt: All the glow is OSL. Some goblin green, then scorpion green.

mudboy: Ha! I don't have time to paint for me! Sad Glad you liked it.

Laney: The Wyrdstone is the green acrylic plastic from the Necrons; cut, edged, sealed and then painted and highlighted. Lots of people have lifted the model to look for the 'batteries'! He! The bones is indeed a swarm... specifically Warmachine's
Boneswarm! I agree with you that Mordheim is a great setting for dark humor; I always wanted to make T-Shirts
Quote :
Mordheim University
Welcomes the Freshmen Class of '99
Come Join Us. You Will Have a Blast!
The eyes on the skeletons I did with a watered-down bad-moon yellow.

More? I have some unfinished projects for Death Squads. Let me dig some pictures.
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:09 pm

Ok. you need to teach me to do this kind of lighting, Mord.
I want to use on my plasmas, but never got the hang of it.
Pretty please?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:15 pm

Hhehehe.... I was amazed at my luck. I don't think I'm that good. Embarassed For the green, I made a a drybrush with goblin-green (darker) around ALL the area I want the effect. I think the trick is going on a straight outside motion (from center of light source to the edge) with seriously little amount of paint. Take your time.

Then I repeated the process with mix (1:1) of goblin green with snot green... hitting less area (not as far from the center). Again with just snot green... then snot and scorpion green... then scorpion green (now is barely where the source is... maybe few strokes here and there, but not much).

One single color should be easier than multi-color (like fire).
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 6:22 pm

Great! I'll have to try it!
Back to top Go down
Corporal Dispensable

Corporal Dispensable

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 am

That thing is pretty cool. Having a unique object like that, especially something handmade, can really make player-organized events memorable. Nice.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 1:29 pm

Thanks! I want to make some Death Squads skulls... I have some plastic ones, but no time! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
RyanIronwolf

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Well, I'm NOT painting right now (busy writing TLRB) but I'm so freaked out by the talent, that I wanted to share some of my work. This is a trophy I made for a Mordheim Special Event I coordinated... the winner (great guy... BIG MATT, I still salute you!) insisted that I keep the trophy. I tried to refuse his offer, but at the end he won. I'm glad! Wink

The model is around 5" tall, composed of non-GW models. The sign was hand-written (by me!) and it says "Welcome to Mordheim, A Great Place to Live!"... me and my stupid jokes! Just Kidding In my mind, Wyrdstone is clean and crystaline (like quartz) but with clean eerie shine! This was my 1st attempt at Object Source Lighting (OSL), and I don't think is that bad.

Looks....Familiar...Great model as always man. I remember it fondly and remember how amazed and impressed I was with your work. Kudos always man. This one was fantastic!

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:09 pm

@ EVERYONE!!!

RyanIronwolf is my Master!!! Back in the before the "Mordheim-times", this guy taught me how to play 40k, how to assemble models and how to paint! I remember the exact day I learned how to highlight.... I became more annoying than normal! He gave me the first information about Mordheim, and encouraged me to organize the locals to play... and always rooted for me when I started creating The Mordheimer's Information Centre (always laughing at my OCD... asking if I ever sleep. Sounds familiar?) This guy gave me the pointers on building this trophy and directed the concept for me.

Larry was always supportive... great player and even greater friend. BTW... NOBODY can roll as many Roll 1 's as him... not even Da Bank or Dozer!

Back to top Go down
RyanIronwolf

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
@ EVERYONE!!!

RyanIronwolf is my Master!!! Back in the before the "Mordheim-times", this guy taught me how to play 40k, how to assemble models and how to paint! I remember the exact day I learned how to highlight.... I became more annoying than normal! This guy gave me the pointers on building this trophy and directed the concept for me.

Larry was always supportive... great player and even greater friend. BTW... NOBODY can roll as many Roll 1 's as him... not even Da Bank or Dozer!

I only offered tricks, you have the talent man. I am proud to see how far you've come. Never annoying and as always no dumb questions except the one ya didn't ask.

I still hold the record up here of 8 1's on terminator saves from unstable renegade guard lasguns....

hehe

Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:58 pm

Great looking trophy with fantastic OSL I'll have to work on it, I might try that with my captain's power fist.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 12:21 am

mordheimer i love the statue it looks amazing and you've pullled the OSl off nicely
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 am

Embarassed Thanks guys! I'm proud of that thing!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:45 am

so you should be its one awesome peice of terrain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mordheim Sign Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheim Sign   Mordheim Sign I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheim Sign
Page 1 of 1