Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)

Go down 
+3
DeafNala
way-of-the-warrior
Kiwi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwi

Kiwi

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Empty
PostSubject: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:33 am

I've painted these over the last year and a half but besides basing I haven't really done much since.
Apologies for the terrible painting and Embarassed moldlines.

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas10

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas11

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas12

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas13

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas14

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas15

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas16

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas17

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas18

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas19

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas20

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) Og_bas21

Any feedback appreciated Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:00 am

wiked models loving the bases as they look like a real army would in the battlefield, loving the night goblins i think there called.
i myself have a few oldschool modles of goblins and orks that im going to paint up and base over time.

please man i want more Just Kidding

tah w-o-t-w
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 am

ORCS & GOBLINS...COOL! It's nice to see a Young Man with discerning tastes. Considering the trend to go with unpainted minis, those are are a refreshing change AND don't be too hard on your paint jobs...the Lads are VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 3:57 pm

Like the gobbos!

I think is time for you to try a new technique... wash. Laney made a GREAT tutorial (link) that will help you. Do NOT get me wrong... the models are fine. My recommendation is so your models become better.

His tutorial is PERFECT. It shows an easy way to turn one-dimensional (cartoonish) colors into amazing photo-realistic ones. Start with the Squigs. They are cool (love Squigs) and have basic colors... red skin and white teeth. They could benefit from a brown wash. Remember... painting is about completing the illusion! Keep practicing... OHHHH!!! The basing? Super! It is simple, but effective.

Well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:57 pm

Thanks guys,
@ way-of-the-warrior Thanks glad you like them but this is all I have finished, apart from 8 spider riders which I glued to the bases making basing impossible, and I'm not planning on finishing the rest of them anytime soon as it's just too expensive and I don't know anyone with an army.

@ Deafnala Thank you for your kind words, sorry about the paint job on the goblins they were some of the first things I ever tortured painted with my now infamous brush.

@ Mordheimer Glad you like the basing it is after all your fault. I do use washing on practically all of my models but I prefer not to use it too heavily as I can't afford proper washes I would prefer my orcs to look cartoony than a mess because I didn't add enough water. By the way the squigs are a fairly bright orange, shows my photographical genius Just Kidding.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:49 am

i've had the honour of seeing them first hand

and plz post more

perphaps mordheim warband memebers

like odd'un
Back to top Go down
franzyland

franzyland

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 7:18 pm

Those look real nice. I am using an ork warband for our next border town burning campaign.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:32 am

Yeah they are great fun to play, unless you are edward of course. I made sure that each of the orc regiments could be also used as warband.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:25 am

those orcs were very,very nasty to my ostlanders
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 1:44 am

Because I dislike my "vanilla" night goblins so much I painted some up for my more recent warband:

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) 5th_se12

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) 5th_se15

Any feedback appreciated
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:52 am

Like the halving pattern you used on the goblins - looks like they are trying to copy Bretonnians! (Red and Yellow is always a nice colour combination for that sort of thing).

Adds an extra little something to them compared to the GW standard colour scheme. It was nice to see it varied across the different models, unified but not cloning the colour scheme. Will definitely look ace replicated over a whole regiment/battalion/army.

Good work - keep it coming

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 10:25 am

HAHAHAH!!! Bretonian-wannabes! That is rich! hehehe... Well done Master Kiwi... well done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 3:41 pm

what about a squiq rideres with bretonnian bitz kiwi??
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks guys,
Bretonian wannabes! Perfect fluff for the warband, led by an orc convinced he can attain knight hood.
These guys were just a bit of fun to finish up my warband I would like to do a unit like this but I'm already thinking of starting another project so that might not happen.

@ edward You supplying these bretonian bitz??
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 11:54 pm

why not....shelids a few helms

lances
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)   Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiwi's orcs & goblins (BASED)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Other War Games :: Fantasy Wargames-
Jump to: