Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New ork list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Devlan

New ork list Empty
PostSubject: New ork list   New ork list I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 10:41 pm

I'm completely new at Death squads havnt played a game yet. The squad i created looks a lot like this.
Nob
power claw
looted armour
Kustom Blasta

2xArd Boyz
Big choppas
mesh armour

sneaky boss
Blasta

Painboy
club

4 Boyz
Choppas

1 Burna boy Flamethrower
burna mesh armour

4 Grots
Grot Blasta

Plz feel free to rip this list appart i put in units i thought that would work well plz suggest better items and unit comp.
P.S plz dont mind spelling and grammer Death Squads
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

New ork list Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ork list   New ork list I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:47 am

Welcome Devlan! Feel free to post a little about you on the Welcome Matt, that way we all get to know you! Wink Anyway, let me give you MY opinion about your Orks. Remember, it is about a matter of taste... you know, as long as you can m'kez a' reckin' you are ok!

Before I go to the list... Death Squads does NOT force you to play any Squad in any particular way (for example, shooty Orks... heheh), but it does reward you for maximizing the Squad's potential. The Orks are 'easy' to play, because they have T4. In skirmishes, Toughness is king , and :DS is no exception! The average Guardsman will need 5 to-Wound. It can be achieved (statistically) with many shots, so you are 'rewarded' by having MANY Targets (i.e. Boyz!) rather than fewer well Armored Orks.

Another thing... GROTS are my Guilty-Pleasure! Love the little guys... I THREW a Gretchin UP 8" so he could Assault an Eldar 'sniper'. Not only he landed on the limited area of that roof (we were sure he would miss it) but he was successful on the assault! Well, successful for a Gretchin... he missed all his attacks and the Ranger kicked him (Knocked Down) down the roof... SPLAT! I used my Grots as 'bomb disposal' (just walk to mines and HOPE the mines explode) and to initiate Assaults (nothing like seeing them take a two-headed IR Sgt OOA!)... but do NOT spend too many resources on them. They ARE the poster-boyz for "disposable".

Last... remember that you can NOT buy items that are Rare 6 or more.

About your list... I would go for LOTS of Boyz.

Nob
No Power Klaw or Looted Armor for you!! Too high of a Rarity! A Mesh & Helmet will give you Save 5+ (with 4+ against Stun!). With Living Shield you have a 50% of 'avoiding' an attack, of those, ~10% of the attacks COULD Wound... then you can Save it 16% of the time. On top of that... you have 2 Wounds! Relax... the Nob is one TOUGH cookie! Get his a Choppa, so he has a Choppa-Kustom Blasta combination for Close Combat!

2xArd Boyz
I would go dual Choppas and Helmet. Big Choppa is a hassle for newbie Squads (sure, you get bonus to S AND split Armor... but you ALWAYS go last and nobody has any real armor! Maybe replace one Choppa with a Blasta... MAYBE.

Sneaky Boss
Helmet, Blasta, Choppa. Without other Kommandoz... do NOT Infiltrate him. You give a chance to the enemy to pick on him; he is in the FRONT (Priority Target) and they have nothing else to shot. They will drop him!

Painboy
Do NOT leave the Painboy in the back... that is a mistake! He has T4 and can deal some real punishment. Do not send him in front, but make sure he is close enough to get splatter with humie-juice!

4 Boyz
They sound perfect. Eventually move them to Choppa-Club combo!

1 Burna Boy
Just the Burna. Do NOT spend money on Armor.

4 Grots
I would not start with that many NOR give them Grot Blastas. With 2 'naked' Gretchins you 'save' 54 credits... that is another Ork Boy with Choppa!

I think that by making those changes, you could start with 2 (maybe 3) more Boyz! Well, have fun and let us know how you did in your next Battle Report... PICTURES ARE GREAT!!! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Devlan

New ork list Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ork list   New ork list I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 6:27 pm

heres my new list:
Nob Gratsnick
Choppa
Kustom blasta
mesh
helmet

Ard Boy Krinkilla
Big Choppa
mesh
helmet

Ard Boy Ronkin
2x Choppas
mesh helmet

Sneaky Boss Grintoof
Blasta
Knife

Gratsnicks boys ( 7 Boyz)
Choppas
Da wimpies
2 Grots

Gratsnick and ard boy Ronkin will take 4 boyz and a grot up the center to pull aggro. Krinkilla will lead remander of the mob on the weak flank and break through (hopefully).
Grintoof will sit on a building and rai Rifle dakka on the enemies and maybe even hit Shocked .
Please review and ill play my game as soon as possiable but prob wont be able till about nest weekend. Mad
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

New ork list Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ork list   New ork list I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Better!

Rather than a Knife, I would suggest a Choppa for your Sneakyboss. Combat Knives are for Gretchins! HA!

Well.. have fun 'nest' weekend! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Devlan

New ork list Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ork list   New ork list I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:36 pm

bah spelling and grammar not my strong point
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

New ork list Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ork list   New ork list I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:25 am

Well... never to late to strive and achieve the goal. It does make it easier for our friends outside the USA to read. Wink

Now.... What is the name for your Ork Mob? You need a name that will be uttered in the corners of the Galaxy in terror! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New ork list Empty
PostSubject: Re: New ork list   New ork list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New ork list
Page 1 of 1