Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)

Go down 
+2
Arachas
Colonel Prius
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Empty
PostSubject: The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)   The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 4:34 pm

The Harakoni Light are back, and this time they face off against the enigmatic Eldar. Arachas was taking on my brothers ‘virgin’ Eldar squad, and I was there to observe the fight in an objective hones manner, while still heavily rooting for my brother’s Eldar. Good thing I wasn’t called on to make any rules decisions Wink

So, on to the battle, which turned out to be a short one. The scenario was a treasure hunt. There were four buildings on the table that needed to be searched for shiny goodies and the Eldar got to choose the side to deploy.

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Overzicht3

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Overzicht4

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni9

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni8

The Eldar where in the first two buildings quickly (the one with the tent and the one besides it), only to find, well, sand mostly.

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Eldar4

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Eldar1

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni4

This turned out to be the Eldar’s downfall as the Harakoni searched the furthest away building first in their turn, finding nothing, automatically shifting the treasure to the building nearest to their table edge (the round building). Two of the Harakoni soldiers grabbed the chest and started running (like scared children I might add…), while their other troops took up defensive positions to slow the Eldar down.

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni7

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Overzicht1

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni3

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni6

The Eldar, still too far away to have any real chance of stopping the running soldiers decided to just up their kill count, and started shooting. In the beginning the Eldar where still trying to get their aim in, only managing to kill this dude with a guardian, who got gunned down by his trouble later (Fun fact, both eventually died in the post battle sequence):

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni5

The next turn turned out better for the Eldar and they started to blast away, taking out several of the enemy.

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni4

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Eldar2

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni1

But it was to no real effect. The Harakoni ran off the table in the next turn, taking the treasure with them.

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) Harakoni2

However, in the post battle sequence the wisdom of the Eldar Farseers was revealed. The Eldar where not there to find ‘treasure’ but to gain experience in fighting the humans. For there was no real treasure. The chest turned out to contain some old dresses (Strangely, I think the Harakoni captain was quite interested in them…) and an old wallet containing a mere 10 credits. Eventually the Harakoni barely earned any credits, but gained some valuable experience and the Eldar found more money (but in the process lost one of their officers in the sewers, but they are confident he’ll ‘farsee’ his way back eventually) and got their precious first experience on the field of death squads.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)   The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:16 pm

Note to self: deploy the buildings further from the edge next time. Or have more buildings. Anyhow, this was a fairly easy victory for me, even though I think the Eldar got off better in the end. I did bring in some very needed cash (considering SOMEbody robbed my leader last game).

Prius did a good job making a fun report out of a mediocre game: which had nothing to do with the players, I might add! The scenario might need some work.

It's awesome to have another player in our game. I expect to face Imperial Renegades, soon...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)   The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:16 pm

HAHA! Great pictures... and Colonel Prius (did you changed your nick?) made a great story about it.

Question... could you guys fill some data for me link. It would help us balancing the Underdog bonus. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)   The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 6:05 pm

Great pics!!!

There is a new GW Novel "Fear the Aliens" or something like that. It has about 10 mini stories in it and one of them is about the Dark Eldar. I know not the same but interesting.

I believe Gav Thorpe just came out with an Eldar GW Novel that might have some cool info or help create a background story for your Eldar.

Nice work and nice use of the GW terrain pack.
Back to top Go down
Azuran

Azuran

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)   The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 10:27 am

Yes i'm here on the forum!
i like DS but i have not allot of time.... BUT next tuesday i am going to battle the (scary) forces of The Colonel.
to be honest, i am wetting my paints! be i wil trow my best game at him, so we wil see!

till nest time, puny gardians!

Azuran
Back to top Go down
Weird WWII

Weird WWII

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)   The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:44 pm

I bet the Warp Spiders would be bad ass in your rules! Warping from cover to cover and just a little snatch and grab and your home to watch that punk Bonesinger you've been wanting to see.

Great stuff,
Brian
Back to top Go down
http://www.weirdwwii.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)   The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Eldar get their fist taste of the Harakoni Light (and it was tasty!)
Page 1 of 1