Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Green jackets VS Wranglers

Go down 
+4
Major Sturmm
edward
Mordheimer
Kiwi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwi

Kiwi

Green jackets VS Wranglers Empty
PostSubject: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 11:31 pm

I’ve put it off for a while but last game we had Edward and I decided to do a battle report. I came up with a container yard scenario which worked fairly well but infiltration was a bit unfair (I didn’t even realise I had infiltration).

The five containers in the center were the objectives which had to be unlocked and searched to find the lockboxes potentially containing some very nice goodies.

Both sides deployed within 4” of the edge and the wranglers won the roll to go first.

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4811

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4812

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4813

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4814

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4815

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4816

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4817

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4818

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4819

The wranglers rapidly advance with the BS4 recruits seeking higher ground, the unarmed medic cowers in the building. The infiltrating sergeant Roger unlocks and searches the first container but finds nothing, a trend set to continue.

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4820

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4821

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4822

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4823

The mordians then advance fairly quickly except for scarface who is unable to run due to a leg injury. Big red climbs the tower seeking a better vantage point and their medic proves great minds think alike also hiding.

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4824

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4825

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4826

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4827

The wranglers continue their advance towards the mordian positions and the sharpshooters move to better positions. Roger opens the second container but proves to be scared of the dark and finds nothing.

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4828

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4829

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4830

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4831

The green jackets move significantly less boldly than before taking up defensive positions with the exception of scarface who moves an amazing 4”. Mordians some how spot the incredibly stealthy ogryn and open fire but cannot wound him.

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4810

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4832

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4811

More advancing from the catachans with both Roger and Ted cracking open a container each with roger starting to get the hang of opening them up gaining a +2 to any subsequent rolls to open! .....But still finding nothing. Luckily not all catachans are as intellectually challenged as Roger and Ted finds the lock box no problem. The ogryn opens fire with its ripper gun on the mordians 6” away hitting the flamer but failing to wound him. The other sergeant opens fire but misses lieutenant hawk fires at an infantryman and knocks him down the bullet ricocheting harmlessly into the ground.

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4814

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4815

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4816

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4817

A lone mordian infantryman breaks from the cover and advances towards the final container (I thought the infiltration was a bit too unfair so told Edward I wouldn’t claim the last container especially as it was guaranteed to contain the last lock box). Bill the flamer opens fire on the ogryn at point blank range but again fails to wound. Lieutenant Harker and an infantryman open fire on the ogryn also but fail to wound. Captain Sanders shoots the ogryn with his bolt pistol wounding him. Finally Big Red decides to do something other than watch and seeing the ogryns cap making the shot but the cap deflects the shot. An infantryman hits one of the flamers but cannot wound him.

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4818

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4819

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4820

The catachans advance further, the two flamers move towards the infantryman. One of the flamers opens fire stunning an infantryman the second one follows stunning him again (can’t wait for the flammable rule). Lieutenant Hawk shoots at scarface but hits cover instead. The ogryn remains 6” away and fires at the flamer hitting him but causing no wounds. Matt shoots an infantryman but fails to wound him. Lieutenant Ted escapes the container with the first lock box. Captain McKenzie moves to intercept the lone infantryman.

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4821

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4822

The mordian infantryman enters the final container finding the loot. Lieutenant Harker, Captain Sanders, and an infantry man all open fire on the ogryn but only Sanders is successful taking another wound off the ogryn with his bolt pistol.

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4823

Lieutenant hawk steadies himself to charge scarface but backs out at the last second pissing himself after realising that Scarface isn’t wearing a mask. The ogryn furious at being wounded declares a charge on the flamer with the lieutenant deciding to join him attacking an infantryman. Both flamers open up on the infantryman lying on the ground but only manage to knock him down again (Edward swears he is fire-retardant). Lieutenant Hawk fires on the monstrosity standing in front of him but his hands are shaking so badly he misses. Both the ogryn and sergeant matt charge into their quarry the ogryn, a bit too enthusiastic, misses but matt shows him how it’s done inflicting two wounds with his catachan fang carving the infantryman into a bloody heap.

Green jackets VS Wranglers Img_4833

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4824

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4825

Scarface charges into the still gibbering lieutenant hawk and captain sanders attempts to avenge his friend leaping to attack sergeant matt. The infantryman with the loot gaps it with only captain McKenzie in a position to stop him. The slightly toasty infantryman stands up and cracks off a vengeance shot at Lieutenant hawk taking him out and leaving scarface high and dry facing TWO, slightly inept granted, but none the less TWO flamers. Captain Sanders hits Matt with ease knocking him to the ground with a bolt from his pistol. The ogryn figures it out finally and stuns the flamer.

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4826

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4828

The Captain pounces on the isolated loot carrying recruit. A flamer opens fire on both the infantryman and scarface stunning scarface and again making the infantryman hit the dirt. The sharpshooters fail to live up to their name missing the loot bearing recruit. The ogryn savagely beats the stunned flamer to a pulp. Captain McKenzie misses the loot carrying recruit with three attacks who then misses in reply. Captain Sanders misses the still unsteady on his legs sergeant matt who fires a dum-dum round right through the captains flak armour stunning him.

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4829

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4830

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4831

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4832

Screaming the timeless cry of the green jackets “eat shit and die” lieutenant harker charges the ogryn which turns out not to be the best idea as he hits only his armour and the ogryn proceeds to club him to death with the rippergun. The fire proof infantryman fires at one of the flamers stunning him (hate that guy). Captain McKenzie’s powerfist continues to suck but with his knife he manages to stun the infantryman claiming the loot for himself.

(no photos here I got a bit lazy)

Both the ogryn and sergeant roger charge the knocked down captain Sanders and a flamer charges the also knocked down scarface. The ogryn stuns the captain making him eat dirt with Matt then performing coup de grace (some how the captain survives against the odds). The flamer knifes scarface taking him ooa also. Having come out worse for wear the mordians retreat.

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4833

Green jackets VS Wranglers _mg_4834

Me:
3 ER
Leiutenant Hawk makes a full recovery.
The loot from the cases was a bit disappointing but it was more bad luck.
1st case 8cr, shotgun
2nd case 10cr, shotgun, a single lasgun

Edward:
3 ER
Shop: 12 cr
Not too sure about the casualties but his medic was promoted and recieved +1st, though I'm not sure he can even use CC weapons Just Kidding .
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Nice battle report! The pictures are really cool! Loved the 'container yard' idea... NICE!

Question, why you think the infiltrators were 'unfair'? Just to know...
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:56 pm

@kiwi personally i love the anti flammable infantryman

as for scarface.. that close up shows why he causes fear to anyone who see's his paint job

@mord as you can see i've started basing finally
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 11:33 pm

I only had one guy with infiltration but he seemed to be able to pop in and out of the containers very quickly, sure he didn't find anything but he made sure I knew where the loot would be.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:06 am

@ edward: I guess you owe me some pics! GO BIG RED!!! (Yes... your models look awesome!)

@ Kiwi: So you recommend NOT using Infiltrators? What Scenario is this?

Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:27 am

The whole idea I had for it was a bloody battle around the containers as you can see it still was pretty bloody but because of the infiltrator I only really had to focus on one side and I think it put off edward from going after the loot maybe if it took longer too open the containers like a whole turn in contact with it, having only one side open, or having a greater chance of triggering a booby trap (there was a 1/3 chance of something bad happening but it never did).

Some of the pics are not completenot sure why that is.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:24 pm

So what Scenario is this?
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Sorry I thought you knew I made it up probably why it didn't work that well.
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm

Cool report guys! I also love the container yard idea. Somehow it reminded me of the container yard from Jagged Alliance II.

Keep it coming!

Sturmm
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:33 pm

OK... after v0.6.0 we will open a section for people to post suggestions on new Scenarios... keep this in mind for then! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:02 pm

Nice battle report I like how almost everyone has a name and a personality. I thought the timeless cry of the Green Jackets was hilarious and had a good giggle over that.

thanks for making me laugh

sultansean
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks guys,
sultansean wrote:
I thought the timeless cry of the Green Jackets was hilarious and had a good giggle over that.
Don't encourage edward! He already says that way too much.

I have the rule written down I used the containers from combat storm would you guys mind giving me feedback for them?

I had 5 containers set up in a line in the center of the board with 2" between them containing D3 lockboxes (maybe too many?)
To open a container a model had to end their move at one of the faces of the container and roll a d6 1: the model set off a booby trap and suffers a S5 hit and the doors are permanently shut, 2: model triggers security and the doors permanently lock or are jammed and may longer be opened, 3-5 the model opens the door and may enter the container to search it, 6: The model has encountered this type of lock before and opens it gaining a +2 bonus to open any further containers.
To find the lock box the model had to roll 2d6 and roll a double if not the lock box shifted to another container.
Each lock box, searched once the battle was over could contain some pretty nice stuff, I was probably too generous not that I got anything too major.

@ Mordheimer As edwards medic is now an officer can he use officers CC weapons, just the mundane CC weapons, or does he have to run arround punching people in the face?
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:44 am

Major Sturmm wrote:
Cool report guys! I also love the container yard idea. Somehow it reminded me of the container yard from Jagged Alliance II.

That is so true! In fact, I get a 'Jagged Alliance' feel all the time playing this game. I guess it's the small units, tactics and tons of equipment. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Damn... ARACHASSS!!! I just noticed the signature... I will get you for this! Hehehehe... ask Kiwi (or just look at his sig!) Hehehehe....

SORRY for posting non-thread... hgehehe
Back to top Go down
Major Sturmm

Major Sturmm

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:47 pm

Yep Mord,

You watch your back with this Arachas character. He does this kinda thing aaaaaall the time ... Thinks it's funny. (it is actually) HAHAAAAAAAAAA!

Sturmm
Back to top Go down
Lydor

Lydor

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:14 pm

This scenrio sounds awesome! if ita cool im gonna borrow it for my game.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:27 pm

There's going to be a scenario creating competition after TLRB V6.0 release (or so i heard) - so maybe we have our first candidate.

@ Lydor: Welcome! Don't forget to say hi in the Welcome Mat section.

Laney Cool
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 4:44 pm

@lydor hope you fare better in the scenairo then i did
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Lydor wrote:

@ Lydor: Cool! Welcome... feel free to join the Community by introducing yourself on the Welcome Mat! This way we get to know a little more about you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:33 pm

Lydor wrote:
By all means go ahead the scenario wasn't hugely sucessful so you might want to iron out the rules but it was a fun game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green jackets VS Wranglers   Green jackets VS Wranglers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Green jackets VS Wranglers
Page 1 of 1