Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some of my orks

Go down 
+5
Mordheimer
Laney
moggd
Arachas
Chuchosky
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:12 am

The Boss
Some of my orks Thump_542014127102010212

The flamer
Some of my orks Thump_542014527102010214

The heavy one
Some of my orks Thump_542014827102010215

The Slayer (for Gorka-Morka)
Some of my orks Thump_542015127102010217

A couple of boyz
Some of my orks Thump_542015827102010216

The hand-made buggy for Gorka-Morka (waiting DS with vehicles Laughing )
Some of my orks Thump_542016327102010218
Some of my orks Thump_542016527102010219
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:58 am

Ohhh nice. Crisply painted. And the buggy rocks.

Give us more! NEED MORE PICS! ;D
Back to top Go down
moggd

moggd

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:14 am

Great work!! What parts did you make the buggy with? It's very....Orky for lack of a better word.
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:30 am

The wheels and the engine is from a quad of a cheap store ( 3 quads = 1€)

The body is made with cardboard and some steel wire

The gun is from space cruzade, with some orks extras

The bumper (not sure if is the word, im talking about the front of the buggy with teeth). Is from plastic. i bit it to bruise it and glue some teeth to it.

The rivets all over the buggy are from soldering tin (not sure if is the word), cutted very thin and glued one by one.

Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 11:46 am

Hm, makes me think whether Spanish and Dutch aren't alike. The words you're using are similar to what I'd use in direct translations! However, I think you got at least 'bumper' right; not sure about the other one (I wouldn't know the word, either).

Your second and third pics need some IMG code I think: they're showing up as links right now.

So, as I said: more pics! ;D
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:49 am

Don't know how I missed these - cool squad. The models are very well painted with plenty of character - I would love to see the bases finished to compliment such nice models though!

The scratch built buggy is superb! Is it mostly plasticard or a converted kit? Looks great either way. Its been a while since I've scratchbuilt a vehicle - you might just inspire me (Squads can have a non-combat shuttle - if you spend enough cash - at IG can if I remember right).

Cheers Laney cheers

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:05 pm

AGGGH!!! Me too! More BOYZ!!!

WOW! Pretty cool... the pics are kindda small, but they look SUPER! Your models are VERY good too! The models have VERY clean lines... excellent blending! The flesh looks VERY realistic... you are I have similar styles of painting. Wink We may not be pro's... but we turn heads! The scratch-built trukk blows my mind! I wish I could do stuff like that!

My only constructive criticism... nothing on the painting! That is VERY good. What I have learned is that miniature painting is about completing the illusion and TRICK the observer into believing the miniature is life-size, real and (in the case of Orks) about to kick your ass. Shocked Your painting DOES that... but the illusion is broken. To fix this... SUPER easy:

1) Drill the gun's barrel! Think about it... you are in a plane, and someone pulls a gun and scream "THIS IS A HIJACK!" and point the gun at your face... then you see that the barrel is plugged. I think you will skin the guy alive and make your mom a nice leather purse. Same thing with your Orks... I get this feeling of this muscular beast, holding a gun that should be on a tank... and then I see it's plugged. Drilling the barrel is easy, and completes the illusion.

2) Base your model! You painted the base brown... not bad, but some ultra-fine sand would be better... and some clumps of grass would do wonder.

Other than that... your models are GREAT!!! WAAAGH!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
edward

edward

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:36 pm

wow cool looking orks i like the skin colour..how'd you do it?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:28 pm

Wow! That is a great Ork mob!
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 3:07 am

Mordheim, ill try the barrel Drill in next orks, its a good idea :-) .

The bases are unfinished, i wanna paint all the squad before basing it.

02laney, . The truck (im working on, ill post pics latter) and the buggy arent a conversion kit, I use the wheels and engine of cheap toys car/quads and some material as cardboard, plastic fims, etc... The buggy is very easy to build, ill try to post some pics with the materials i used and of the truck for gorkamorka im working on, so you can see how to build them. Ive seen your IG with the guille suit, and im thinking in do a similar work with my komandos :-), with a better camouflage than my avatar (is an ork komando)

Edward, the flesh is green (very similar to citadel gobling green), with a dark wash of a mix of brown-black, and latter higlighted with a drybrush (very dry) of a mix of yellow-white

Thanks to all :-)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Keep us posted! Awesome work.

Ohhh... and it is eather Mordheimer or pendejo. Whatever you want is OK! HA!
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:57 pm

This is the truck for gorka-morka im working on, its mostly hand made too

Some of my orks Thump_545547403112010232

Some of my orks Thump_545547903112010234

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:55 pm

That thing is MAGNIFICENT! I only wish we could see bigger pics. Wink
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:01 pm

That is a MARVEL of Ork know how, AND, like all the rest of your minis, VERY COOL! What a Face
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:54 pm

mord whats pendejo mean????

chuchosky love the buggie

and i might just borrow your skin technique
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:00 pm

errr... Spanish profanity. VERY vulgar. In cases like this... Google is your friend. Out of the 6,740,000 results... the first 2 pages are TAME. Basically... an idiot (but much more vulgar.) Wink

I take INTELLIGENT verbal abuse as a sign of I love you ! That is why Dozer loves to Smack me around!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:23 pm

ahhhhhhhhhh ok then
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:45 am

These are awesome models, the vehicles are especially cool because they have a lot of Orky feel and character. The art of marking something look badly (Orky) made but not be badly made is quite a tricky feat and you have managed it really well.

Skin tones are great, as mentioned by many commentators before, as is the rest of the painting. Clean, neat and convincing. Was really amused by Mordheimer's comments: drilled gun barrels, painted bases, as neither of these things bothers me all that much. What does bother me is the ejector ports on bolt weaponry, which is meant to fire case less ammunition!

Bumper is exactly the right word, but there isn't a specific name for soldering "tin", rather in English it is just called solder (apparently). Spanish and Dutch do have some similarities, as they are both Indo-European languages - its really hard to learn Swedish because it is so like Dutch and I keep getting confused.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Some of my orks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some of my orks   Some of my orks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some of my orks
Page 1 of 1