Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All this Ork talk, got me converting!

Go down 
+13
Gatlag Stonetooth
Sev
Utan
Arachas
yepimadork
Da Bank
DeafNala
jammydodger
edward
Mordheimer
Lydor
Chuchosky
Laney
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

All this Ork talk, got me converting! Empty
PostSubject: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 9:46 am

The awesome models like Orktimus Prime and that superb Stompa/Walker, plus all this chat about the Orks, has made me revisit my Ork squad and convert a trash kan from rubbish in my bitz box (very orky) and add a little something to one of my grot powa suts. Anyway here is what I came up with...

The Trash Kan (with Big Shoota)

All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7510
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7511
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7512
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7513
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7514

Grot's Powa Sut
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7515
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7516

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 10:49 am

Awasome!!!!, you are the MASTER!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lydor

Lydor

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 11:21 am

that power suit conversion is awesome! i want a flying greenskin with a deathwish!!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 12:20 pm

HAHAHAH!!!! You ARE the Master!!!! Incredible work!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:23 pm

woah there freeking fantastic!!
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:00 pm

Lovely models.

The powr suit looks amazing, a complete mek solution to the problems of "eronotik gubbinz". It was especially clever of you to use the head from the gretchin for the trash kan, I love bitz efficiency.

The trash kan is nice as well but for me doesn't encompass the orky spirit. The whole thing looks far too competently built (which is intended as a compliment to you) - long legs are very difficult to control and orks aren't known for their technical mastery. I really like the use of the axel plates (I don't know what you call them, the circles with nuts), the skaven warp-generator thingie and the non-GW bits in the legs.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:41 am

Thanks for all the comments guys - more on the way!

@ Jammydodger: It's great to get constructive feedback: funnily enough what you commented on (being well built) was what I was after this time round. I wanted something that looked orky, but also took elements from Mechwarrior (I really don't like the stumpy legged things that orks usually make). This was built as a Bad Moon construction - so I wanted it to be a little more 'classy' than the usual ork construction. The whole feel of the squad these guys belong to is a little bit Umie. The Warp generator bit is actually a prod from a Runtherd, which I've been wanting to use it for ages and the non GW parts are from a cannabilised sherman tank model.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:04 am

VERY NICE WORK! What a Face
The Kan has lost the bow legged look of the G.W. Kan...you will, I'm sure, have noticed that their Orks also are bow legged with poor posture to boot. It looks like it could actually be functional unlike a lot of the Ork stuff.
I LOVE the Rocket Goblin. All that it would take to make it perfect, for moi that is, is a goblin head with a WWI style flying helmet & a scarf. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:28 pm

I've been thinking about the sneaky boss from the ork squad alot and came up with this - thanks to Chuchosky for the multi-wound idea - I've nicked it shamelessly and gone for a bomb squig and ammo runt for wounds. I might swap these for a couple of Grots in Powa Suts (I've a couple more designs for these guys planned).

I love the idea of a mould breaking Sneaky Boss, who is not only Sneaky, but uses a sniper rifle - based on the hellgun/scout sniper rifle. They are magnetised to the base to create a kind of movement tray - totally impractical I know - but that doesn't really matter!

Note the targeting squig (on his shoulder) and gitfinder (on the top of his head)
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7517
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7518
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7519
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7520
Da 'EllShot Snipa Riful
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7521

Cheers Laney Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 8:18 pm

Laney... WOW! We need to make a museum with your creations!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Wow! You are fantastic.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:08 pm

That is TERRIFIC...& funny. When I first looked at it I mistook the Squig Bomb for an Ork's head with an apple on it..."Oh, he shot his friend out from under an apple. How William Tell!" thought I Suspect . Gotta admit I'm not keen on the semi-naked Goblin/Gretchin look that G.W. is going with, but otherwise this should paint up GREAT!
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:58 pm

woah those orks and grots are amazing love the giant sniper guy
Back to top Go down
yepimadork

yepimadork

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:05 pm

Great work man I'm impressed!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:59 pm

Wtf man, this is totally insane.

Mord, I can't take it anymore and neither can you. Forum ban for Laney?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:24 pm

Arachas wrote:
Wtf man, this is totally insane.

Mord, I can't take it anymore and neither can you. Forum ban for Laney?
I tell you... if he were not so productive and benefited TLRB so much, he would had been banned MONTHS ago! hahaha! Just kidding Laney... is that Arachas and me have fallen victim of envy!!! Just Kidding

The walker is awesome! I think that is you paint it 'clean' it would look like an advanced robot (good for humans, bad for Orks)... I figured you would go for the oxidized junk look, which would take this model to a whole new level. Can't wait to see it!!!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 5:59 pm

LOL

I'll give that oxidised junk thing a go - I have an image in my mind - but work may prevent me from doing anything about it for a week or two Sad . The sniper is first to get some paint (and if I can work it out - a real red dot sight - well led).

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Utan

Utan

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Nice builds!

That "Kan" certainly isn't garbage. Looks like a mega-armoured grot to me. Using the "bandana" grot head makes it look like he was bound and gagged before being hardwired into the kan.

I like the idea of kommando orks, snikrot, etc. I must have a little Blood Axe in me. Thumbs up on the sneaky boss.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Cheers!

The bandana - that was exactly what I was after! Very Happy

Snikrot and perhaps the flash git with targeting squig are my favourite models - my Boss is my own take on Snikrot (though I will buy that model for this squad - just because it's cool). The Sneaky boss is getting some painting love at the minute!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:16 pm

Hi Guys,

A few more WIP pics that I thought you might like...
Bomb Squig
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7534
Base
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7535
Snypah Ryfull Boss
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7536
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7538
Powa Sut Grot
All this Ork talk, got me converting! Img_7537

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:49 pm

VERY COOL! The camo on the BIG gun might benefit from a mushroom or two. The choice of colors is TERRIFIC...the Rocket Guy has started a play through of an old Elton John song. Keep up the GREAT WORK! What a Face ...or else. Suspect
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:38 pm

woah that is one camoed up ork....be a shame if your campaign was set on a desert world though

btw love the grot...can't wait to try and make one myself
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:30 am

?!?! Where is Snypah Ryfull Boss? I just see a GIANT bush with a weird looking bird. Wink Amazing work!!! Love the Powa Sut!
Back to top Go down
Sev

Sev

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 am

well i'll be...

that is one great work done on all sides: the composition, the conversion, and the painting(delicious camo)

one thing thing though - do trim those lines that are left from where casting-forms meet
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:34 am

Cheers Guys - I will try and keep it up - I'd like a new ork or chaos cultist squad ready for next school term.

@ Sev: I am very lazy about mouldlines! Smile Do you mean the ones on the sniper rifle stand (I can't spot any others)? They are easily fixed (I'll trim and recoat).

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All this Ork talk, got me converting!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next