Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All this Ork talk, got me converting!

Go down 
+13
Gatlag Stonetooth
Sev
Utan
Arachas
yepimadork
Da Bank
DeafNala
jammydodger
edward
Mordheimer
Lydor
Chuchosky
Laney
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Da Bank

Da Bank

All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 12:39 pm

These are freaking pieces of brillance.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 3:11 pm

laney how'd you paint the metal? it looks great
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:32 pm

The metal isn't quite finished yet - but so far...

Chainmail on a black basecoat...
Liberal Devlan mud wash...
Highlight any parts of the surface you feel would catch the light. Then...
Wash again (lighter this time) with devlan mud, create scorching and/or depth with badab black and gryphonne sepia wash wherever you fancy.
A gentle highlight in chainmail (don't tempted to use mithril - it's too bright for most uses - except gold)

If you want darker use boltgun metal over the black basecoat

Basically if you wash with devlan mud you can't go wrong! (great for bronze, antique gold and 'dirty' silver metals)

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

And how's your camo done?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 2:41 am

@ Arachas. Here's the camo recipe for this guy...

Black undercoat
Basecoat of Charadon Granite - Washed with Devlan Mud
Paint the camo parts - so that you have random shaped camo 'splodges' in each area of the model
1st camo bit: Catachan Green
2nd camo bit: Camo Green (some separate, some overlapping the previous)
3rd camo bit: Gretchin Green (usually in the gaps between the other colours - ensuring plenty of the basecoat is showing)
Then paint any small details over the top of the camo e.g. buttons, rivets etc. If you do camo netting - exactly the same, but I added a little khemri brown to tie in with the base and another wash of mud.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:05 am

Would Gretchin Green be interchangable with Rotting Flesh or Goblin Green? I don't have Gretchin Green. Sad
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 am

Mix the two and you should be pretty close. Rotting Flesh would be cool if you used it as 'strikes' to break up the other camo.
A rusty orange might give it an autumnal look.

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:10 am

Considering doing a 'pea-dot' pattern, with spots all over. Would look awesome with autumn colors I think.

All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 DOTT

HOWEVER, I'm hijacking your thread. Wink
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 11:17 am

Hijack away - I'm not precious Very Happy - In fact I like the dots idea (might use that on my new snikrot mini).

Though an urban camo might look cool too!

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 5:50 pm

Charadon granite I have never heard of, either. Mixable?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 6:25 pm

Charadon Granite is a Citadel Foundation Paint. I'm not sure about mixable - maybe adeptus battlegrey (dark grey), black and graveyard earth (earth brown)?

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:00 am

So really flat, dark brown? Which is not as deep-brown as Scorched?

Meh, will be around a gaming store come Saturday. I'll see if they have it (that and Adeptus, too: everyone uses it!).
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:28 pm

It's basically a dark grey, green, brown (possibly take catachan green a few shades darker and add a hint of brown). I'd try to buy some, it's a good paint to use anyway and Adeptus is an essential base colour.

Scorched brown is a very rich dark brown - too orangey!

Cheers Laney Very Happy

Last edited by 02laney on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 7:32 am

Orksome stuff!
Love the mek! Curious how it'll look painted!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 5:48 pm

The modelling of the squad is almost finished - then I'm going to work on the painting of them. I just need to finish the weirdboy, a grot in powa sut and the boss (Snikrot model) with a display/camouflage base. And then add paint to them all!

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:42 am

Still very WIP, but here is the return of the Da Green Devils Kommandos, led by Boss Shank Riprot and Sneaky Boss Snaga Skarfang (they will all get names eventually and the fluff will be written for the third Varangian campaign for the return of Da 'Green Devils'!

Da Hole Mob (only the Kommandos are left to model - I plan on using either Stormboy models (which are too cool) or 'Ard boy models for these guys (I may even chuck in a burna boy just for the modelling side of things - Chuchosky's burnas need copying I feel)
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Img_7541
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Img_7542

Da Bosses an' Ard Boys (with LGT) The Snikrot model will (hopefully) be getting a dark tiger stripe camo, which will hide him behind the tall grasses and plant material - to show how sneaky he is.
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Img_7543
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Img_7544

Da Flyin' Kor
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Img_7545

Kommando Wanna B's (Boyz) and Painboy
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Img_7546

I made two weirdboys - which Weirdboy should I choose? Grofag the An Gri (left) or Werzgrot Da Twisded Wun
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Img_7547
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 Img_7548

I'm going to post a starting list for these guys and would love some feedback.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:18 am

The Kommandos are the coolest of the Orks, AND these Guys are THE COOLEST OF THE COOL! The Rocket Lads are my favorites...EXCELLENT STUFF!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:14 pm

WOW! I can't still see the Sneaky Boss... just a giant green bush. Just Kidding

AWESOME MODELS!!! I want to cry! Sad The Gretchins... wow! I want to fly to the UK just to hug them (and by 'hugging' I mean stealing!) Great work... and the GS sculpting is AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:46 pm

I really like the larger weirdboy on the left. Looks more intimidating and orky.

I really like the flying gretchin on the stand. THe painboy looks good and I can't wait to see it painted.

Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:54 pm

Cheers - I love my Flyin' Kor (I might have to create a whole gretchin counts as). I'll probably paint them both up (though I like the fluff for the twisted little one) and see which one works best.

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Inferny

Inferny

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 4:28 pm

Awesome!!!
Left weirdboy looks more orky.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:43 pm

Ok, Weirdboy's are officially on hold for the minute - I think both of them look awful. So, the plan is to model something totally different for my weirdboy (I'm thinking about some kind of mutated grot, possibly melded with a powerful ork ard boy - like the fantasy chaos warriors character - I forget the name). Both the previous models will now sit on my shelf unloved until I need the bits!

I am also planning to start work on a scratchbuilt Chinork to make a shuttle from and my Kommandos (They will be easy by comparison!)

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:52 pm

GRETCHINS RULE!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:55 pm

Kommandos first. I'm using stormboyz as the base models and they look like they are dropping out of a transport, hence the need for a chinork (looking ofrward to that!). I'll post them tomorrow.

Laney Shocked
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I think they should fall out of a Rip in the Fabric of Reality...Time Bandit style. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All this Ork talk, got me converting!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next