Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All this Ork talk, got me converting!

Go down 
+13
Gatlag Stonetooth
Sev
Utan
Arachas
yepimadork
Da Bank
DeafNala
jammydodger
edward
Mordheimer
Lydor
Chuchosky
Laney
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 5:35 am

@ Deafnala: I like the fabric of reality thing! (so maybe I'll make that after).

Da Green Devils Chinork
These are obviously very work in progress and I am doing everything by eye (no measuring) to keep it as 'Orky' as possible! The front rotor blade is going to be more like a large turbine. I'm going to magnetise the transport platform to stick squad models to it (namely the kommandos). It will be a squad shuttle (though bristling with weapons) and be the main model for the valkyrie/chinork down! scenario.

Da Werk in Pro Gruss
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7549
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7550
Da Teknicul Stuff Idea
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7551
Kommandos (too are finushed, wun stil to go)
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7552
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7555
Bloke wif da 'Eavy Wepon...
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7554

Love feedback...
Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:01 am

You've come up with YET MORE REALLY COOL STUFF! I'm not sure where you're going with the Chinork, but it has definite possibilities. The Boyz are, of course, EXCELLENT!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 am

The plan is to build orky copter stuff until it looks as close to the forgeworld version as my poor artifice can manage. These were the first parts which I chucked together last night. Then I realised I have half a scratch built vulture in the shed, which I can cannibalise for parts - perfect! So more on the way soon...

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 10:39 am

Laney wrote:
my poor artifice

If THAT is poor... what the hell are we mortals left with?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 5:39 am

Ok so here's what happened. I was looking for ideas on chinorks and came across an awesome model, which was far better than the forgeworld version. So I am changing it and this is what I have so far (think flying battlewagon).

So here are my very WIP images so far...
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7556
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7557
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7558

It will have a winch on the back, loads more armour plates, rivets, rivets and more rivets, landing wheels, door gunners, rocket launchers and of course another rotor blade on the back (plus other stuff)

(the tank tracks will be used as the drive chain for the rotors)
Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 7:54 am

It's coming along VERY NICELY! I can almost hear The Flight of the Valkeries. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 4:48 am

Quick update (last one before Christmas).

The very WIP Chinork Da BlakHork...
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7559
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7560
The chin gun on the BlakHork will be a combination of three heavy flamers (there will also be two door guns
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7561
A shot with the Kommandos ready the disembark (to give you an idea of how it will eventually look)
All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 Img_7562

Cheers Laney Shocked
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:27 am

DEFF FRUM ABOVE...VERY COOL! This reaches new heights of Ork-Tech. GREAT WORK! Idea
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 11:00 am

Be sure to name one of your Kommando's "Orklando Bloom" and let him fall and break his neck on his first mission. Wink

I was going to suggest removing the weird cockpit at the front, but you did! Looks way better. The nose gunner is a cool (and far less intrusive) replacement.

All hail Laney!
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 12:07 pm

OMFG, that is a true master piece that would be awsome if they made a 40k vehicle like that and produced plastics for it as that is just extreme!
Nice job Laney

all the best and merry christmas all
w-o-t-w
Back to top Go down
Sev

Sev

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 10:00 pm

oh wow o_o

Laney, great chopper you made there
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 3:26 am

That thing is sweet.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 4:43 am

Thanks guys,

Little way to go on it yet - I won't be able to work on it for a few days - we have family visiting (so maybe an update on the 30th - I need to go to the model shop for more materials anyway).

Then it will be painting - with plenty of pics for camouflage tutorials for Arachas - Aiming for whole squad finished by end of January!

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 10:53 am

Text Wall ahead. Hidden (as Spoiler text), as otherwise you'll have to scroll for ages to get to Laney's next awesome post.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 5:25 am

Thanks for the great info and detail Jammer! (much appreciated!)

The idea with the Kommandoz is that they are dropping out of the chinork to infiltrate. I think Werzgrot will probably end up in the force to finish (I love the fluff too much!).

The backpacks on the 'ard boyz are greenstuff with a few extra bits from the plastic nobz pack.

Lots more to do on Da Blakhork, but not yet (family visiting).

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 11:36 am

UPDATES?!?! In case you forgot them! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 3:37 pm

Sorry no updates - the Blakhork is still in the same state in my shed! Too many projects too little time (maybe next year)

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All this Ork talk, got me converting!   All this Ork talk, got me converting! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All this Ork talk, got me converting!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3