Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arbites inspiration from Warseer

Go down 
+7
Lord GreyWolf
Mordheimer
Da Bank
DeafNala
Laney
Capt. L.S.D.
Arachas
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Arachas

Arachas

Arbites inspiration from Warseer Empty
PostSubject: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 5:57 am

Hey guys,

Look what I found on Warseer: Click it!

Cool, huh?
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:36 am

Yeah they look Kool!!!! must make myself some of them!!!

Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:03 am

Or just post them here!!!
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc12Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc13Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc14Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc10Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc11
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:10 am

There will be newer pic to come once I take them as all three shotgun Enforcers are almost finished!!

The following pics are WIP on the shields!!! read warseer posts!!!
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc15Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc16Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc17Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc18Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc19Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enforc20
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:45 am

Dude, NICE! Thanks for posting them here! Very cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:46 am

Cool use of the cadian models - nice GS work on those visors - smooth is not easy. I like the shield idea as well - if you used a cleaner piece of plastic, you could paint that shield as an advanced energy field (possible as a refractor field counts as). I plan on using some maxmini shields for my own arbites (when I ever get round to a squad!). Death Squads rules for these guys are out with the next release.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey 02laney
these were test shields not overly happy with them as the plan was for them to be energy shield was going to give them a blue wash, but as you can see clearer plastic might help but still need to glue field controller/generator to middle of shield any suggestions on a glue with would be invisible??

Anyway thanks to you and Arachas for the encouragement and praise!!!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:16 pm

COOL...PIGS IN SPACE! Sorry...it's a '60s reaction to The Constabulary. EXCELLENT MINIS! What a Face

If you used a pin, tacky glue might do the trick.
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Well the minis are being made for Necromunda and if you look at my gang I'm sure you will all have a laugh at the names!!!!!

Am expanding as what to d a platoon of them for my IG army!!!!!

54th Gumshoe Bandits on Yakromunda a Gang management site
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:53 pm

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:12 am

WOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOO!!!!!

Exactly what I was looking for!!!!! YEAY! I'm VERY impressed... You know want to make me an Arbites Squad (the work on the Squad by Lord Greywolf will resume after TLRB v0.6.0 is out) and your ideas are... SUPER! You bet your duppa that I will be adopting stealing some of your ideas. As a matter of FACT... I will name the Leader of my Adeptus Arbites Squad Capt. Lionel Samuel Dawson in your honor.

FACT: Don't get your hopes too high...
1) I'm not that great of a modeler.
2) I have SO MUCH work not done, that MAYBE I will complete my Arbites by 2039.

Thanks Arachas for the information... and you Capt. L.S.D. for sharing your amazingly creative work! This is EXACTLY what Death Squads is all about! uhhh... I think I'm gonna Sad ...

PS: Capt... you need a sig!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:09 pm

I don't know about glue - but you could mask the contacts by painting a lightning effect on the shield - centred on the glue points (which would be a bright and solid white - blue further out). Like the power weapons GW do.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:31 am

Capt. L.S.D. (Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:30 pm) wrote:
Well the minis are being made for Necromunda and if you look at my gang I'm sure you will all have a laugh at the names!!!!!

54th Gumshoe Bandits on Yakromunda a Gang management site

LOL ...LOVE the names. I definitely wouldn't want to be apprehended by Constable Lynch. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:55 am

Have been busy with the following take a look and let me know what you think????

Enforcer with Badge and Number just need to finish base!!

Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_ba10
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_ba12
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_nu10

Some Group shots of the 5 Enforcers nearly finished! need Badges and Numbers painted and Basing!!!

Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_gr11
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_gr12

Here are some close ups of my Handler happy with Shield!!!!

Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_ha10
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_ha11

Hope you all like!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:03 pm

Excellent colour scheme and ace freehand work on the badge and number - very cool! They look superb as a group and this is a great unit (hope you play these guys in Death Squads Wink

I love the shield idea and will definitely be stealing it (quite soon in fact!).

Only thing I can criticise (hopefully constructively) is the thickness of the white paint making it a little 'lumpy'. It is something I've found when painting light over a darker base. I would suggest you undercoat in white (or grey as a compromise) so you need less coats (or the same number of thinner coats) and use a blue wash to shade, rather than blacklining (This is of course personal taste).

Looking forward to seeing more!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:36 pm

AMAZING WORK! The shield DEFINITELY does it for me! It is subtle... tempting... should I touch it? ZZZAAAAPPPPP!!!! No more Mordheimer. HA! Your free-hand skills are ACE... very good hand man! That is VERY hard to do, and you make it look easy. The color scheme you chose is very good... very police-like. Hehhehe. I particularly like the 'visor'.. red-orange... GREAT color!

Now, for some constructive criticisms... take them for what they are... OBSERVATIONS and SUGGESTIONS, to help you improve. Your work is already superb, and you should feel proud of your models. This is about YOU, pushing yourself!

I agree with Laney that the white looks a little lumpy. NOT your fault... white is a hard paint to work with. When I paint white, I make one coat of Space-Wolf Grey... then when dry, I take some white (5 drops) and thin it with water (1 drop). Paint over the grey... and voilá! Great looking white AND some depth (bonus!) For added reflection, take the same thin white and use it to highlight. Yes... it will work! Remember that the 'white' on the model has grey under it. When you look at it, it appears white UNTIL you put it against 'pure' white... then it looks 'opaque white'. So when you highlight with white, you are just slightly shifting the palette!

I would also suggest some reflection on the visor. You can use the 'gem effect' (a couple of tiny dots of white) to create reflections. Some time ago I wrote...

Mordheimer wrote:
You can simulate light SOURCE (direction) from somewhere else by using the "Gem Technique" and then pic one element to be the source FROM your model.

For example... take these Necron Tomb Spyders. Can you see where the "light" is coming from?
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Tomb%20Spyder%2001

If you guessed from the "top-left corner"... you are WRONG. Just Kidding The eyes of the robots simulate a single point of light, and thus your brain puts the pieces together... then I used lighter colors to get a reflection on the carapace. Here a close-up of the eyes. Notice the different shades of red (from maroon to orange) and the white dots.
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Tomb%20Spyder%2C%20Close%20Up%2004

Here another sample of the gem-technique... it creates the illusion of LOTS of light, which amplifies the Ranger's face. Sorry for the camo. It was my 1st try. Just Kidding
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Ranger%20Model%202%20-%20Long%20Rifle%2001

See? Even I painted some fairies at one point! Just Kidding

You could do the same for the goggles... make 'em mysterious and deadly! Also, you could add some lighting direction to the guns. Subtle... the side barrel seems to glow (actually it does not) because your brain put the light on the OTHER side, and this color is 'too bright' to be on the dark side. The inside of the nuzzle is slightly red... but your brain 'knows' it has to be pitch black, so it automatically assumes (because of the barrel) that there 'must be' something bright inside... the cannon is about to fire a big laser! Shocked

Last, remember to base your models! This ALWAYS completes the illusion and takes your model to a whole new level. Does not has to be extreme... but put something.

Hope this helps... keep practicing. You are VERY talented, and you are pushing your skills immensely... you soon will be hanging out with the best of the best. I'm 100% sure you get it in no time! cheers
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:14 am

I Know what you mean but the photos show all the lumps in their glory in real life they don't look that bad!!! only the top and bottom of the shield as had to brush undercoat these, rest of model was spray undercoated!!! and just a note They aren't white it is space wolf gray only!! and my paint was drying very quickly and I wanted to finish them!!!
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:01 am

Finished off two of the Enforcers! Even tried some of the above suggestions with the visors,
Thanks Mordheimer and Laney love the feed back, Second shield am still working on have thinned down the paint and applying several layers getting better finish!!

Hope you like!!

Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_sg10
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_sg11
Arbites inspiration from Warseer Enf_sg12
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:25 pm

LOOKIN' GOOD! The visors turned out GREAT!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 7:34 pm

GREAT!!! The visors look superb! The models do have great depth and the intricate badges (yes, you needed the stinking badges!) take the models to a whole new level! Basin is basic (GOOD!) and helps to focus the observer on the models. Over all, you get my most respectful Salute on a job GREATLY done! They look awesome!

I don't know if I should hug 'em or run away from them... scratch ... I will hug 'em!!!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaaappppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch... stupid Mauls and Electro-Shields! I think I better run awaaaaaaayyyy!

Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:07 am

Post your energy shield! It rocks!
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 am

I Have it is at the bottom of the first page!!!!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:12 am

confused

Sorry!
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:00 am

Not prob dude!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 9:09 am

Looking good - will look even better when they are photographed en masse (shameless pitch for more pics Very Happy ). Sorry if I missed this - but are these guys arbites or local law enforcement? (Doesn't matter either way, just curious and thinking about further modelling/painting options for officers/heroes etc.)

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arbites inspiration from Warseer
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next