Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Arbites inspiration from Warseer

Go down 
+7
Lord GreyWolf
Mordheimer
Da Bank
DeafNala
Laney
Capt. L.S.D.
Arachas
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:09 pm

These were made for Necromunda and have grown from there into what I hope will be a platoon of them for my guard army.

So to answer your question the are Enforcers!! So local law enforcement!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 12:12 am

I LOVE THAT SHIELD!!!!!

That is the exact look i want for the officers i may have to steal that idea and see what i can make from it.

As the officers will get better shields then the grunts do and i want something to make them stand out...

I have been doing some work on the AA's and have finally got copies of the "Shira Calpurnia"" series [ebook versions so i can read them on my ipod. ]

I'll take a bit of info from the trilogy and see what i can use to enhance the work we have already done so far.

once the new rules have been released i will be asking for input from various people or volunteers [becareful what u volunteer for ] to make sure we have covered all of the bases.

Great job on the squad Capt hopefully you'll bring them across to Death Squads....

will keep you updated on the AA's as we work on them...

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:46 am

Cool - because that give you great scope for Arbites officers to lead the enforcers (thinking Death squads), but keeping in line with your scheme.

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:45 am

Hey Everyone
Got GW gift vouchers for x-mas and got myself another squad of plastic cadians so I can start my second squad of Enforcers for my guard army!!
Have a couple of problems though!!!!
1 Only get two voxcaster heads in box so need another 8???
2 Mauls are made from the spare missiles from the guard heavy weapons team so need another 3 of them????
3 The Heavy Stubber is one I got in a lot from Ebay and have found out it is an OOP Necromuda Ash Wastes Nomads?????????

So if anyone has any of these it would be muchly appreciated will pay/trade for them!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 4:25 am

@ Capt. L.S.D. : I suggest opening a a new topic on the Trade Section. Personally, let me see what I can find.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 am

Will do!!!
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:29 am

Now for some more fluff

Col. H.Sanders

About two decades before the fall/destruction of the planet there was a small incursion of a minor Ork Warboss “Krak-Kor” whom set up camp in an isolated region in the middle of the Bella desert which runs along the western coast of the Northern Continent of Lamour.

As Lambad III was a rich world agro speaking the Imperium wanted to protect it’s assets. So to boaster the local fighting force the 248th Mordian Guard Regiment was assigned to aid in the extermination of Krak-Kor and his warband. This operation was code named “De-Tox”

Operation De-Tox lasted for about five years with the execution of Krak-Kor and the execution of most of his warband with the rest being routed off world. The loses weren’t limited to the green skins with most of the 248th Mordian Guard and an attrition percentage of 50% of the local PFD. Coming out the campaign undermanned, which a lot of Lambadians put down as one of the major factors why the planet was lost (that’s another story).

Now back to Colonel Sanders. He was due for retirement and during his time on Lambad III he got involved with a local gal and wished to stay, which was granted by both the Moridan high command and the Lambadian governing body.

Colonel Sanders retired with honours from the 248th as the regiment was disbanded after Operator “De-Tox”, he was also given honours by the Lambadians for his tactical insight and stern devotion to the Imperium. There was a couple of his trusted friends/advisors which requested to stay on with Colonel, which was granted.

Now when the hive fleet set it sights on Lambad III the Colonel and his friends from the 248th which had settled into life comfortably with the locals requested a commission in the PDF. And Because of their military accolades in the past the Lambadian High Office jumped at the idea! They wanted to place the Colonel and his advisors in command of a regiment, But they refused, flattered by the offer, asking only to be put into the rank and file to do their bit for the plant! After some negotiations it was settled with the Colonel taking command of Vet squad of his making (Vet Squad Asps Alpha Company) with his two advisors as a start.

The rest of the squad is made up of an assortment of characters from a myriad of places. The squad is by far the most experienced and diverse squad in the entire PDF.

More fluff on other notable members of this squad to come stay posted!!!!

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Col_sa10
Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Col_sa11

He is still a WIP as removed his pointing hand and put a sword in it which will be a power sword!!! Yet to paint!!!
if people ask can re post all fluff have written on guard army again!!!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 6:59 am

LOVE HIM! Colonel Sanders! Of course, I know the Spaceballs variant of Sanders. Wink

They love it, too:

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Spaceballs_61
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:13 am

Excellent work on the model! Did you tried diluting the white paint? Seems bumpy. The black-lining is awesome.

@ Arachas: I think he means...

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Colonel-sanders

The real (now dead) Colonel Sanders, creator of KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken).

Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 10:02 am

Arachas wrote:
LOVE HIM! Colonel Sanders! Of course, I know the Spaceballs variant of Sanders. Wink

HAHAHA I love Spaceballs!!!

This is probably my favorite part of the whole movie. Blacked out for those virgin eyes.

Spoiler:
But back on topic. I love the models Capt LSD. They do the Arbites Proud.
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:02 am

Hey all
been going through my mini's and talked to some old mates and remembered that Col Sanders wasn't origianally painted by myself so I do apologise and give credit to my mate Adam whom isn't in the hobby anymore, which is a great shame! he was when he was into the hobby a incredible modeler and painter, he modeled his speed freaks 40k army after wrestlers and they were great and their trucks matched the persona of the Nob/Wrestler riding them!

Back to the Col! and yes Mordheimer he was modeled after the King of deep fried chicken!

Will update with some more pics and fuff soon! School holidays are driving me nuts as my 5 year old son wants the paint and play as well, but hasn't quite got the idea yet!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 6:57 am

Capt. L.S.D. wrote:

Will update with some more pics and fuff soon! School holidays are driving me nuts as my 5 year old son wants the paint and play as well, but hasn't quite got the idea yet!!!

Lol

my Two year old lad decided his daddies imperial renegades need more blue on them.... thankfully my wife found him before he could repaint the squad and i only needed to wash one fig [thankfully the blue paint came off rather well.]

his style of painting is quick and messy

step 1. place mini on table
step 2. open pot of paint
step 3. pour contents of paint pot over said mini
step 4. keep on pouring paint until mini is completely covered
step 5. wait for the mini to dry. [1 week maybe two and it will be dry]

he did help me undercoat my chaos cultists black and he even tried different brush strokes but for him it was all about the loading the brush up with as much paint as he could and smearing it every where over the mini.......

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:16 am

Hey All!!!
Been a while I've been busy with family things and work and havn't had much time for the hobbie but have been sort of lurking about!!

Have been inspirered by Lord GrayWolf's Cyber-Mastiffs for his arbites

https://deathsquadsgame.forumotion.net/t389-adeptus-arbites-pic-heavy-be-warned

So i started thinking about how i was going to build mine!!!

I liked the Auspex usage! so here are some pic's of what i have done so far!
He is large almost as tall as his handler!!!

Am just short some auspexs now just waiting on some!!!

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0010

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0011

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0012

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0018

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0019

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0020

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0021

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0022

Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 11:10 am

Wow! I like that cyberdoggie! Very Happy
Also thanks for pointing out Lord GrayWolf's arbites, now I have another topic to browse and drool on! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:05 pm

You are insane! WTF?!? How awesome are you! HAHAH! It is so ugly that is COOL! I want one! I'm actually laughing out loud...

Yes, you know I got 'something' for ugly dogs. HA! It's so weird looking... I love it! You know is a dog... but looks kindda cute... but then you realize his head is made out of a GUN and it is about to rip your guts out!

Congratz... it is weird, but it is AWESOME! I'm green with envy!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:22 pm

It's so mad it's cool!

Any more?

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Ha! Very cool. I still love your Police-Arbites with the golden stars and the forceshields.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 pm

i love the arbite and his shield. "Rover" looks quite interesting look froward to seeing it painted up.

Cheers
LGW
M.I.A
Contributor
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:28 am

Well didn't overly like the overall look of the woofer so it has been revamped

new run pose and added paws, widen the shoulders, and reduced the hips and changed the way the joints went to be more anatomically doglike

your thoughts?

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0024

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0023

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0025

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0026

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Dsc_0027
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 9:41 am

Looking better imo! The replacement of the front legs makes it more look like it's running. Good remodeling!
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:39 pm

I felt a bit like the thing was flying. But then I looked up pictures of running dogs, and they all look like they are flying, so good job! Just Kidding

Overall very cool use of parts, I especially like the head.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:14 am

Was trying to go for the doverman look!!!!!

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Doverm10
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:44 am

Make sure you paint it like a Doberman Pinscher (LINK for more pictures)... and people will get it. AWESOME!

I THINK YOU NAILED IT!
Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 Hodeskalle__rel__70775716x9
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 9:48 pm

Some updates here

http://www.yakromunda.com/forums/index.php?topic=207.0
Back to top Go down
Capt. L.S.D.

Capt. L.S.D.

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2013 9:26 am

So here we go some painted mastifs
Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 IMAG0113

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 IMAG0116

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 IMAG0117

Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 IMAG0118
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arbites inspiration from Warseer   Arbites inspiration from Warseer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arbites inspiration from Warseer
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next