Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities

Go down 
+9
cody20
Mordheimer
DoomOnYou72
DeafNala
Arachas
Da Bank
jammydodger
kadafwer
Laney
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cody20

cody20

Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:31 pm

laney your new nickname is master crafted weapon for all these models that you make.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:39 pm

Thanks Cody - major compliment! Very Happy

I just bought some of those extra firm (black) colour/clay shapers from Amazon for a decent price (supersaver delivery is free). Art shops are ridiculous at pricing items around me - so I thought this was a reasonable deal.

Here are a few more pics of this guy...
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7718
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7720
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7721
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7722

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:47 pm

That face looks cool Nurgle . I would try and work the top front of the scythe alittle more to blend it in with the back end some to blend it in a little more and make it look less like pieces and more uniform/ organic.
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:24 pm

cody20 wrote:
laney your new nickname is master crafted weapon for all these models that you make.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read this post for the reason! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:58 pm

affraid Amazing greenstuff work, the scythe in particular looks great.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 3:01 am

So I've got almost all of the nurgley chaos cultists squad modelled (with the exception of lots of tubes/power cables - I'm waiting for an order from dragonforge to finish those bits). So here they are (at least the more interesting ones - note the painting has not started yet - anything with paint is a 'recovered' model).

Nurgle Marine: Unknown and Officers (Forgeworld Renegade Command Squad)
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7723

My Saboteurs (each has a distinct story - I just haven't written them yet!)
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7724
The Silent (based on a Heresy Ghoul and Blight model)
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7725
Corrupted Guardsman
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7726

Annihilators (including an upgraded Heavy Bolter officer) - I copied the idea from the Maelstrom Blod Doom mentioned on Space PiratesThe guy with the flamer is going to be firing a toxic, sticky vomit (which I got with a Heresy model)
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7727
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7728

Wound Counters/Icons and Warp Entity Model - based on a Heresy Blight model (I might model some others later)
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7729

I have modelled the cultists, but they are bog standard cultists in flagellants dresses - nothing interesting about them!

Enjoy - feedback always welcome!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 7:05 am

All amazing as usual, man. =)

The models in the top pic - watch out for those in Slaanesh colors in my squad. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 am

Darn sweet shizz! Very Happy
Can't wait for new updates
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 4:59 pm

Cool Laney. The Warband is shaping up to look great. The Silent fig is prolly my fav of the bunch. Got a closer pic of the bloke behind him on the right side?
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 pm

Awesome!
The warp entity looks great are you going to use him a a plague bearer? The respirators look very nurgely.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 2:51 am

Cheers Guys,

@ Kiwi: He'll count as a generic warp entity for now - but he is basically a plague bearer. Heresy miniatures do these demon models called Blights, which are like plague bearers (the smaller ones come with swords like the one I used on the Silent model), but with half their heads missing - fortunately they do 'spare' cyclops and triclops heads which fit the same models - much, much cheaper than the GW version overall, with no chance of them hammered by GW for it - unlike Chapterhouse!

@ DoomOnYou: I post a pic of that guy soon - he's a pretty basic ghoul tooled up with knives.

I'm meant to be painting 5 of these guys (I may skip the forgeworld models and paint my own designs first though!) - so watch this space! Albino to finish before that.

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patriarch_79

Patriarch_79

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 4:55 pm

Love the Silent also Laney, go for a really subtle paint job to show your ace conversion off - washes are the way to go ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 3:51 am

I've finally painted the Nurgle Marine (he's sat on my shelf for a couple of months and needed some TLC). Unfortunately due to other work commitments no games played for well over two (more like three) months. But, hopefully a few Summer games can be had before the holidays!

Anyway - here he is!

A few details about him... Made from: Terminator legs, with chaos marine body (greenstuffed to be bulkier), normal chaos marine backpack, with plastic tubing and metal cable from dragonforge, Manreaper scythe made from terminator lord staff, chaos knight weapon and plasticard, shoulders and arms (chaos termies), open skulls/heads on the shoulders from blight demon (heresy minatures = cheap plague bearers, because you can buy cyclops demon heads as extras), head is from a slaaneshi aspiring champion, chaos marine bolter and lots of extra bits and greenstuff!

Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7827
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7828
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7829
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7830
Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 Img_7831

Feedback welcome as always

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chuchosky

Chuchosky

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 9:30 am

Awasome
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 5:44 am

Darn sweet!
I like what you've done with the heads on the shoulder pad!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 6:24 am

Amazing! The rust is... weird. I mean, well executed and I love it.... so unusual! The shoulder pad drinking cups skulls... HAHAH! Cool! Excellent work,,, as usual!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 1:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys...

Mord: You're right, not quite as 'powdery' as the last attempt, I needed to dry out the brush a bit more. A suitable wash might draw it back and then let me powder over the top again.

Ta Laney
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities   Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nurgle Techmarine and Other Curiosities
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2