Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Renegade squad WIP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
speshul

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Basic fluff: (partly inspired by tremors)

Ex Sniper Burt Gummer leaving quietly in his fortied basement in the village of perfection meets a strange fellow with a hook and his muscley friend passing through town, Burt Gummer is already parnoid but let the smooth taking strangers in partly because he felt sorry for the amputee, obviously too poor to avoid bionics.

Before long Burt was hooked and call on two of his ex-army buddies Val a fellow sniper and Earl a drill sgt to help prepare his little village for the upcoming war..."See I told you all, you called me crazy all this time, you could me mad for having 5 years worth of MREs... I was right"

His two buddies Earl and Val arrive and start training up some of the locals, after a good drinking session with the amputee who is a very charming fella, very passionate, Earl wakes up 4 foot taller. This attracts the attention of the local news crew... "what that they aren't new crews they are spies..... out to capture Earl." With that Burt takes to the roof which his trusty rifle and aquires a nice set of filming equipment and a dire need to dig a big hole.

Burt, and the two new comers (Preacher / enforcer)
Renegade squad WIP Jan11066

Val his ex- army buddy sniper
Renegade squad WIP Jan11068-1
Renegade squad WIP Jan11069-1

Earl after his growth spurt... they didn't have any filming equipment before....
Renegade squad WIP Jan11060

Earl teaching a millitaman to pay attention on sentry duty.
Renegade squad WIP Jan11058
Renegade squad WIP Jan11061

Some of the millita
Renegade squad WIP Jan11070

The whole gang
Renegade squad WIP Jan11072

The officers
Renegade squad WIP Jan11065

The interview, Earl demonstrating close combat techniques.
Renegade squad WIP Jan11056-1
Renegade squad WIP Jan11062

For the millita I wanted a rag tag look of locals, and 1 pre mutated sgt. I have most of the necromuda gangs but most I brought prepainted as I could field / loan them out. To field the rest of the millita I raided my unpainted models, and chose a selection some of which look slightly trained some not at all.... The only painted model is the enforce whose pose I love. If the IR goes well I may strip some of the other gangers or build some basic models using IG parts to represent their growing skill.

I know they can't start with those weapons as such.. but meh!

I made the film crew and the sniper a while back.

The only really new model was Earl. I'm not sure wat to do about his upper chest area. I imagined he just grew and the webby parely fits but he is just wearign a plain tshirt underneath. I was going to hand a pair of binocoluar or soemthig to cover up the greenstuff patch.

Film Crew: I think are all IG parts plus skaven arms as I had limited parts when I built him.
Val, is a skaven body which I think works great.
Early. IG cadian legs, older ork torso, some bad greenstuffing and a few extra pouch to turn the straps into a webbing and he kind of looks the part. I wan't him big but not too big. He kind of just looks like he grew broader and taller around the torso and arms but his legs and head haven't caught up.
Preacher Didn't want to go with the convention model and when I couldn' find a hand to fit.... what could be better than a preacher with a hook..

Other models can be seen here, including some zany conversions, I have a very limited bitz box being a new player to this world and only play skirmish games so struggle for conversions sometimes. I am also new to advance converting and rubbish at painting but I am getting there, and enjoy it which is the main thing.
https://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/beastspectre/Necro%20Conversions/
https://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g272/beastspectre/scavvies/

Last edited by speshul on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Great start on these guys - again (like the trash kan) very original. The big guy is ace (a proper mutant).

Keep them coming!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
speshul

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:25 pm

I didn't want him tooo mututed yet I want to have that journey and maybe make a few more models on the way as I have enough orc torso and human legs......

Check the two bottom links for a necro pit slave boss made out of a genestealer, the normal pit slaveboss models were too weak looking so wanted something a bit meaner looking, I was hoping with the the right paint job the alien skill could look metalic.

I didn't like the scally scavvy models much either as i wanted a CC monster not a giant frog holding a blunder buss so I made my own out of ork / wolf / choas head, I think it looks far better and scarier.

You might also find the worse attempt at master blaster (mad max 3) and koto from Total recall.

and yes they are all still unpainted!

(I've half painted 3 gangs (Nurgle blood bowl, Enforcers and bretonians), I get the heroes and most the hencement to decent 4 colour table standard, I then want to learn how to shade etc as I am perfectionist and get distracted and never finish or we stop playing the game system.

Apologies rambling!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 7:41 pm

Nice work, I liked the film crew.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 3:01 am

THIS IS AWESOME!

Love the Film Crew too! Very original.

Question... would it be possible to post the full pics, rather than the thumbnails? I have limited time (right now is 2am!!) and clicking on all the pics and trying to comment on them is a real pain in the... Call me lazy. I just want to appreciate your hard work as fast as possible. THANKS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
speshul

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:09 am

Thumbnails removed. I will paint these up although I think I need some burnas.

If they work well I may strip the painted one and add some more as I am more likely to play DS than necro and necros looks alike because of the trenchcoats so a different paint coat on one won't hurt too much
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:20 am

Cool looking bunch, some nice conversions in it.
I like the background story as well, good fluff makes a Squad. I'm still in the process of making mine but it's getting there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 11:07 am

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers Thanks for the big pics! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Love the Preacher's hook! Muhahah! Twisted Evil Tell Val that he has a piece of... errr.... cable... yes, cable... on his gun. Just Kidding Earl is pretty big! A suggestion to smooth the GS finish... wet your tool. WOW! That is great advise in many ways. The filming crew still the best!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
speshul

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:17 pm

re Val i think it was on the lens.. I think its the chaos influence showing itself. now photoshopped out Very Happy

Annoyingly with the preacher I cut his hands off to put on those cool double barrel saw offs to use him necro and then had to glue them back on... well i was going to untill i found the hook.

Re greenstuff and having a moist tool I agree. it didn't help i was glueing him together with the greenstuff not set so kept putting finger prints back into it....

I like Earl he still looks like a soldier and the straps on the orc look like webbing.

Hopefully I can go for the rag tag look led by ex veterans and then add new models either better gear or mutations as the story progresses...

Thanks again guys love the look of the rule set!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Renegade squad WIP Empty
PostSubject: Re: Renegade squad WIP   Renegade squad WIP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Renegade squad WIP
Page 1 of 1