Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rebel List (Local milltia)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
speshul

Rebel List (Local milltia) Empty
PostSubject: Rebel List (Local milltia)   Rebel List (Local milltia) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 am

Basic fluff: (partly inspired by tremors)

Ex Sniper Burt Gummer leaving quietly in his fortied basement in the village of perfection meets a strange fellow with a hook and his muscley friend passing through town, Burt Gummer is already parnoid but let the smooth taking strangers in partly because he felt sorry for the amputee, obviously too poor to avoid bionics.

Before long Burt was hooked and call on two of his ex-army buddies Val a fellow sniper and Earl a drill sgt to help prepare his little village for the upcoming war..."See I told you all, you called me crazy all this time, you could me mad for having 5 years worth of MREs... I was right"

His two buddies Earl and Val arrive and start training up some of the locals, after a good drinking session with the amputee who is a very charming fella, very passionate, Earl wakes up 4 foot taller. This attracts the attention of the local news crew... "what that they aren't new crews they are spies..... out to capture Earl." With that Burt takes to the roof which his trusty rifle and aquires a nice set of filming equipment and a dire need to dig a big hole.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the models look here http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t1753-renegade-squad-wip

The basic theme is a few ex army vets ( leader / sgts ) two chaos influencers (Preacher / enforcer) they turn one of the sgts (huge mutuation) the recruits are just locals / local milltia. I intend to model then with better gear as they level up or recruit in more members.
I Intend to have the whole journey with them hence only take one sutble ish mutation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The List

commander: boltpitsol, sword, knife, las gun, flak
enforcer knife, slugga, sword, flak
preacher autopistol, club
sgt 1 knife, lasgun, flak
sgt 2 huge mutation Flak, knife sword, slugga, helmet
millita (x 2) knife, autogun
heavy weapons (x2) knife, autopistol
Millita (x2) club,
Total 775
11 men (10 for rout test)

These match the moedels very closey and seem a fairly balanced list.

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Rebel List (Local milltia)   Rebel List (Local milltia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Just a quick note: the too puny to count rule now only applies to tactical retreat. There are no rout tests in Death Squads anymore (but artifacts of it still exist in some of the rulesets). Don't think this will change your list though!

In general terms with your list...
commander: boltpistol, sword, knife, las gun, flak (I'd ditch the lasgun and get it later - use the money on the recruits weapons - a longlas rifle would be a better fit for a sniper in the long run)
enforcer knife, slugga, sword, flak
preacher autopistol, club
sgt 1 knife, lasgun, flak I'd switch this to an autogun (still effective and more cash for the recruits)
sgt 2 huge mutation flak, knife, sword, slugga, helmet

millita (x 2) knife, autogun
heavy weapons (x2) knife, autopistol I'd recommend you make these guys shooters (either autoguns ready for heavy stubbers later or flamers from the off)
Millita (x2) club, Do you mean militia or workers? I'd either go for lots of workers or get yourself another militiaman with autogun

Total 775
11 men (10 for rout test)

Hope this helps - this might tweak your list - but keep it fluffyish!

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
speshul

PostSubject: Re: Rebel List (Local milltia)   Rebel List (Local milltia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Re autoguns v lasguns, good idea, i don't think I will be facing too much armour.

I think heavy guys are limited to pistols and heavys they can't take assault or rapid hence me not arming them. You also can't start with any heavy weapons..

I think did mean worker on the lower millita. I was planning on using the butcher model as one so in that case club would be knife but the points are the same.

Thanks again. I appreciate the input. The list may change if I find a better leader model. I do like the look of the rebel list, looks hard but rewarding.

Re Fluffy, I won't take any naked models even if they are workers
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Rebel List (Local milltia)   Rebel List (Local milltia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Sorry about the autoguns for the HWS - I've always taken flamers with IG (I've been reading the cultists and they can take autoguns as annihilators = HWS). So I'm assuming you want to take heavy stubbers later in the game rather than flamers, which you can take at game start.

How about taking one flamer to start and pick up the second HWS in a game or 2, when you can get a heavy stubber - means you can smoke out those in cover and have some vicious ranged firepower.

Looks like a good list overall

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
speshul

PostSubject: Re: Rebel List (Local milltia)   Rebel List (Local milltia) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:36 pm

I can't open the rules on my phone (first pdf it has failed on ) pretty sure all template and heavy weapons are rare. Think Flamer rare 3 so can't start with any. Will see what I can get for down grading the laz guns or might stash it for flamer later
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Rebel List (Local milltia)   Rebel List (Local milltia) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:11 am

Damn rare 3: yes you're right! (Seems like I need to go and read my rules again) Makes HWS a non-starter - pick them up later.

Ta LANEY Very Happy
Back to top Go down
speshul

PostSubject: Re: Rebel List (Local milltia)   Rebel List (Local milltia) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:22 am

The reason I took the heaviest was to score them some xp. But the could die. Thanks for the replies. A
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rebel List (Local milltia)   Rebel List (Local milltia) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rebel List (Local milltia)
Page 1 of 1