Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How can I use this on Death Squads?

Go down 
+4
mudboy
Arachas
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

How can I use this on Death Squads? Empty
PostSubject: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 am

I need ideas on how I can use this on Death Squads. I'm 100% sure I could sneak this unit by DaBank if I give him some shinny new dice. Just Kidding But I need some stats!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440004a&prodId=prod900159a
How can I use this on Death Squads? M1640813a_99120209023_Arachnarok01_873x627

For $58 seems like a bargain!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:14 am

You could use the "count as" rules. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:22 am

Yeah. Looks like a Trash-Kan to me. Razz
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 10:42 am

Dangerous terrain?
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:44 pm

I agree with Arachas. If that's not a trash kan, I don't know what is... Just gotta mount it on a nice ruin that fits on a 40mm base...

As an aside, you could modify some of the Mordheim rules for random encounters to include a super heavy like this... A rampaging neutral spider roaming the streets and attacking both warbands.

It could also get it's own stats and be used as a reward for winning a custom scenario... For example, ork custom scenario "defend the egg" orks horribly outnumbered and have to defend the egg. If they can do so they get a giant spider to use for the next 3 games including stats for it.

It could be an awesome temporary monster. I am imagining it climbing buildings and things. You could make it require an ork and grot crew to control it... Randomize attacks against between crew (holding on for dear life) and spider (who will rampage without crew). Might not be balanced but would be a lot of fun.

EDIT: It could be modified into a kroot phantax as well.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 am

Narcissus wrote:
As an aside, you could modify some of the Mordheim rules for random encounters to include a super heavy like this... A rampaging neutral spider roaming the streets and attacking both warbands.
I have been thinking about recreating the random happenings for Death Squads, they could be a nice and cool addition. My gaming group loved them when we played Mordheim.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:05 pm

Haywire scenario: weapons platform?
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Got the Black Box today. This model is awesome, comes with loads of bits, and is huge. Im thinking of gettting 2- one to keep as is for Mordheim/ Fantasy and one to get to convert for a 40K big ass critter for random events or scenarioes.
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:22 pm

I read the title of this thread and went....

Quote :
confused *sigh* I wonder what thing some weirdo wants this time?!?!

Then I open the thread. Shocked I guess I'm the weirdo! HAHAHAAH!

I was thinking a FULL grown Phantax!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gizzawd

Gizzawd

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:00 am

Consider using stats from a necromunda beast, the great white one. I think its in Battles in the Underhive book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How can I use this on Death Squads?   How can I use this on Death Squads? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How can I use this on Death Squads?
Page 1 of 1