Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Regulars (IR Squad)

Go down 
+10
mudboy
Da Bank
Mordheimer
Sev
Narcissus
Laney
Mordoten
DoomOnYou72
Arachas
Gatlag Stonetooth
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

The Regulars (IR Squad) Empty
PostSubject: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Finally I've started of my Squad! Very Happy
I haven't completed my list, but the fluff is getting more and more complete in my head and I think the best way to put a squad (warband or army) together by coming up with a good background story or getting inspired to create the models. Rules and tactital decisions mostly come afterwards, that's probably why I'm not winning much. Just Kidding

Anyways, here's the story so far (I will do this by introducing the squad members):

Joe the Barkeep
After serving the Emperor for 12 years as a very skilled soldier, Joe opened up his own bar: "Joe's". This bar was very succesful and well visited. Nowadays, about 30 years later, the local government of the planet has decided that Joe's must be demolished. Because they are planning a whole new weapon factory right on that spot.

One can imagine that Joe is not happy about that, so he as recruited his most trusted visitors (the regulars) to step up...

The Regulars (IR Squad) Wip-joe

He's almost complete now, I'm only going to sculpt some short sleeves on his arms to make it more looking as a small jacket. He's wielding the standard bolt pistol and sword, which I hope to upgrade to a power sword later on.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:38 pm

WIN! The fluff is absolute win! And the model is ace, too. Yeah, some sleeves would be good. Give him a scenic base, too!
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Thats a cool looking fig Gatlag. Got a bits breakdown for the legs/ potbelly?
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Mordoten

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 1:33 am

awesome fluff, awesome model!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:10 am

Ace model - encompasses the fluff perfectly - great job!

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:19 am

I really like the model. Especialy the belly and skullet (skull mullet). Looks great!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:20 am

Thanks all for the positive comments! Very Happy

Bits breakdown:
- legs with potbelly => these were from an old ork wartrak driver.
these were attached to (and smoothed with some GS)
- catachan top body (romp?)
- head => comes from the old chaos mutation sprue. Had some knife scraping work on it and created the hulk hogan hair (skulllet Laughing) with GS.
- right arm => chaos marauder
- bolt pistol => chaos marine
- left arm => catachan
- sword => cut beserker chainsword combined with beastmen cleaver. Made an extra hole in it to give it more character (like he lost one of his rings)

And I'm sure planning a nice base for it, don't know exactly what but it'll be urban rubble based or so.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:27 am

Haha, go Dutchies! It's 'torso', I think.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:35 am

Arachas wrote:

Haha, go Dutchies! It's 'torso', I think.
Ahhh yeah, 'torso' it is. Had a blackout on that one I guess... Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Sev

Sev

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:13 am

ohoho, flufftastic Very Happy

also, the array of used bits and that hair - a mekboy would be jealous
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Damn it... I missed this thread!!!! Mad

Very cool! I like the hair... makes him look... rouchy. LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 pm

Nice work.

He looks like he is ready for some action.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 am

After some time a small update. Smile

Introducing my Enforcer:

General McLee
This one is a tough cookie and when I say tough I mean a jaw breaking cookie, literally... The General, as he's usually called, has broken someone's jaw once only for the fact that the cookie, served with his coffee, was not his favorite flavor. People said the waiter was lucky that the General had a good day...

General McLee was a long time servant of the Emperor and good one, he has won many battles on his account. Most Emperor servants don't make it to their retirement, the General did and he regrets that. He misses the life and spents all of his time at Joe's drinking and pondering abou the past. The governments weapon factory plan is, although he's not saying it out loud, very welcome to the General. Now he can finally get back in his role and recruit a squad to take action!

I gave him an autogun to start with.
The Regulars (IR Squad) Wip-general

Here a pic of Joe who's almost done
The Regulars (IR Squad) Wip-joe-2

Joe's base in progress
The Regulars (IR Squad) Joe-base

And another project I'm working on Smile
The Regulars (IR Squad) Other-project
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 12:18 pm

That's a head I think...

And General McLee look's great Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 4:12 pm

HAHAH! The background on The General is awesome... a cookie. HA! Model looks great too! Keep it up man!

PS: What is up with the head? Looks good! Add pointed ears and crooked teeth and you have a GRETCHIN! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:21 am

I'm seriously considering coming to Ridderkerk to face this insanely cool squad, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 4:37 am

Thanks for the comments guys!

The head is actually a resin gear knob my brother had laying at his house. He bought it (along with 2 others) to use it in his Chevy Deluxe from 1952 but never did. I was at his home last week and asked if I could have it. Always nice to paint something completely different.

Arachas wrote:
I'm seriously considering coming to Ridderkerk to face this insanely cool squad, hehe.
Haha better wait till I have more than 2 members then! LOL
But I'm in the building/paint mood at the moment so I hope to have more members soon!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 5:20 am

We need to do a Dutch get-together anyway. And convince Mord to come over from Florida. ;D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:27 am

DUDE! I'm broke... but I think I know of a bar in which I could go, talk to the bartender, get some of his special juice, pass out, wake up with a pocket full of money, a gorgeous scar on my back and one less kidney!

I'm there!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 10:00 am

Mordheimer wrote:
... but I think I know of a bar in which I could go, talk to the bartender, get some of his special juice, pass out, wake up with a pocket full of money, a gorgeous scar on my back and one less kidney!
Sounds like Joe's! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:51 pm

No new squad member yet, but a small update to show you that I'm on it. Smile
(and also to keep me motivated to keep going on after reading your comments)

A looky on the "workbench", some new members in the making:
The Regulars (IR Squad) Workbench01
The Regulars (IR Squad) Workbench02

And a heads up on the ehh.. head project. (don't have a name for him yet...any ideas?)
The Regulars (IR Squad) Head-project01
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:20 pm

I like that body... where you got it?

Name for the Head Project? How about The Head Project! How about naming the head Chucky?
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:30 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
I like that body... where you got it?

Name for the Head Project? How about The Head Project! How about naming the head Chucky?
Which body do you mean? The one from the first pic? That's another mekboy creation, I grabbed some bits and welded them together with paperclip and green stuff. It's the body for my latest regulars member namely.....
Spoiler:

I like the suggestion but make it short into "Chuck". Smile
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 7:01 pm

I really like the models and the concept behind them, and you should one day definitly make them their beer delivery lorry (or something similar), I remember you mentioning the idea in another thread.

Keep up the great modelling Smile
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 12:25 pm

@dumdeedum: a beer truck or so is indeed in my plans. Smile

It was a productive day today, not so much for modelling or painting but when I searching for that special bit again I got fed up with the fact that I always seem to have trouble with finding the right bitz in my pile o' shit. So it was time to reorganize the lot again. Now everything is pretty much organized again and I can browse through my bitz, plastics and metal with more ease. Smile Until I get my other 2 moving boxes full of warhammer that are still at my friends. Just Kidding Anyways while organizing the lot I came up with an idea, read more about it here.

I did some small work on my new member, I sculpted him a belt. I was also looking for the right head but couldn't find one yet.
The Regulars (IR Squad) Newmember01

Oh yeah, I also managed to f*ck up chuck... Sad hope I can fix that next time

The Regulars (IR Squad) Chuck01
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Regulars (IR Squad)   The Regulars (IR Squad) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Regulars (IR Squad)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next