Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hitting the wall... again...

Go down 
+18
jd3
Komfritten
Narcissus
Gatlag Stonetooth
Lord GreyWolf
Dread_Kennedy
jammydodger
Laney
VonHagel
Da Bank
way-of-the-warrior
Librarian
dr!zzt
MathiasDark
cody20
dwi
Mordheimer
mudboy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Da Bank

Da Bank

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:02 am

Nice work you crazy guy!
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 10:17 am

Airsoft?

TO ARMS!!!!
*starts to pick up all his ninja equipment and a big burglar bag*
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:59 am

I've been horribly efficient this weekend. A Tac squad and a Termie squad got the last details(and I remembered the baserims this time).

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P5170007
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P5170004
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P5170009

Next project will most likely be a Chaplain and Assault Marines.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:05 am

Nice work Mudboy, I especially like the terminator helmets you have converted to look more knightly
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:20 am

Keep 'em coming! Another masterful painted bunch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:53 pm

Wow... speechless here!
Great paint job!
We need more!
Oh! And how many layers did you put on the faces?
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

The skin is painted with 3 thin layers of Tallarn Flesh, a wash of Gryphone Sepia and highlighted with Tallarn Flesh. I don't paint the eyes as they tend to look a bit freaky when i do, so i just leave them black. It leaves me with some decent tabletop faces.
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 2:21 pm

mudboy wrote:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P5170004

Dude, that second guy can't be that easy?
You mean it's

Tallarn
Wash
Tallarn
Tallarn
Tallarn?
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm

It's the other way around
Tallarn
Tallarn
Tallarn
Wash
Tallarn

The first three layers of Tallarn is just to get the black undercoat covered.

When I took the picture the light came in from the side. It might affect the shadows.

Here's another picture with different light: WARNING. My photobucket account is acting out so patience and truckload of page reloading might be required!

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P5180003
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 10:18 pm

mudboy wrote:

The first three layers of Tallarn is just to get the black undercoat covered.

Yeah... that's what I meant.
And you said you didn't do eyes! Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 Icon_eek
You big fat liar!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:43 am

I don't. It's just the light reflecting of them Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:07 pm

I spend a couple of days searching for some bitz to make a (new) chapter master and this is the result:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P7270006

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:29 pm

THAT IS A GREAT MODEL!!! Sorry... I missed this thread. I really like the use of the Terminator legs... usually they look funky, but the lointh-cloth evens it out.

The pose? Super Action Chapter Master!!! Great work. Thanks for sharing too!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Nice work!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 6:05 am

Uh, reinforcements!

He he, got my slimy hands on some brand new boxes at a great discount so I can finish my Templars.

First another magnetized Predator and a 'Command' Rhino:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P8220007

A Drop Pod and a Ven. Dread:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P8220008

My Deamon Army got a little extra punch too. The new AWESOME Prince!
As always GW. has made a cool kit, but still manage too fail in a couple of places.
First, the three heads. One is cool(in the picture), the second is okay and the third is horrible! Then there's the weapons. Two cool swords and an axe to die for. All with a right hand attached to them [insert facepalm]. So a bit of conversion was required.
I replaced the left hand/claw with one from a WHFB Black Orc. It's roughly the same size so it look's fine.
On the positive, the model itself is bigger than I imagined(it's usually the other way around Rolling Eyes )
Well, enough talk, on with a few pictures:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P8220015

Some size comparisons:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P8220013

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P8220016

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 9:24 am

By The Emperor's Scrotum! The tanks are great... the pod seems fine... the Venerable Dreadnought is AMAZING... the Daemon... there are NO WORDS! WOW.... that is.. tortu... WTF?!?! What's up with the signature! HA! Now I know... YOU HATE ME!

Questions... is the Daemon straight from the kit, except for the 'new hand'? Any chance you can take a closeup of the hand? Again... your work is superb. I can;t wait for my next torture lesson and you showcase them painted.

Ohhh, Master! May I please have another one?

HAHAH!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 1:10 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
... that is.. tortu... WTF?!?! What's up with the signature! HA! Now I know... YOU HATE ME!
He he, there's no greater joy than torturing you Twisted Evil

Although I am really looking forward to painting the prince he'll have to wait until I'm finished with the Templars. I already have a lot of painted Deamons, including two older princes (and one I haven't painted yet and one I'm making from an Ogre and GS Embarassed )

And before the tanks get anywhere near a paintbrush I have to finish an Assault squad and Chaplain... oh my

Except for the hand, the Prince is strait out of the box. A very simple conversion. I just clipped of the normal hand and trimmed the wrist so the new hand would fit under the armour on the lower arm. I then cut the sword off just under the hilt and glued it to the Orc hand. The skull-pommel was then added and then the whole thing was glued to the wrist.

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P8220002
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P8220004

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 3:19 am

Some very cool models - I'm personally holding off buying the daemon prince for my chaos warriors (so I can paint up the rest) and buy the island of blood set for some 'starter armies' for my school games club (I will have to nab the skaven for myself eventually!). The daemon prince is an awesome set, but the heads (apart from the one you chose) are rubbish and it is a little bit 'undivided' for my tastes (where is the extra sprue with all the cool chaos powers bits to nurgle etc it?) - oh well GS will be out in force when I get it.

Nice simple conversion on the weapon hands of the prince.

The ven dread is also a very cool set loaded with extra parts/cool helmets/armour plates/weapons etc (no complaints at all about that one!). Mine is being converted into a furioso librarian as we speak (has been for about three months! Shocked ) - plus it was cheaper in the GW store then the regular dreadnought box (go figure).

Good work on the templar - keep it up - look forward to seeing paint.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 8:15 am

Nice conversion... completely transparent. You are a Master. BTW... there is NOTHING little about your Warp Entity! That thing is HUGE. Great job man! I salute you! Salute
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 7:33 pm

Nice work man! You have inspired me to do some BT Moddels.

Aquila dwi Aquila
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 10:03 am

I finshed a few more units yesterday (yeah I know I should have major hangovers but getting up at 4:30 in the morning and work all day, I'm just too tired to party all night. 23:50 new years eveHitting the wall... again... - Page 2 Zzz )

Anyway, here's what I finished up yesterday:
Predator with lots of magnets so it can double as a Rhino
Rhino
10-man Assault Squad
5-man Devastator Squad

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P1020003-1
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P1020019
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 P1020020

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 12:19 pm

I like the paint... very cool. Are the tanks magnetized? Excellent job!

On your pic... be grateful I was NOT around. Not only you would had end up like this...

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 Passed_out_drunk_4

But some of your models would have finally be where they belong... ON MY HOUSE!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:23 pm

Nice work - looked through the whole blog and there is some outstanding work. I used to love Space Marines but lately they've been losing a lot of their cool factor for me. You've managed to personalise them a lot which improves them no end.

Are you still looking for names for the Chapter, because I came up with a few ideas:

Iron Legion
Crimson Paladins (official Chapter, but fluff-blank)
The Sanctified (possible offshoot of the Consecrators and Dark Angels)
Anointed Angels (as above)
Black Guard (Raven Guard offshoot, official but fluff-blank)

If you'd like to discuss ideas I'm happy to make suggestions. Do you have any fluff / characteristics which define the Chapter?
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:07 am

Uhh, The Sanctified sounds pretty darn sweet!

Your right, Space Marines has lost a lot of coolness because you just see them everywhere. And that's the reason I convert alot. Looking at all the cool artwork in the codex books the models we buy don't really look that great.

The fluff for the chapter is based on The Black Templars as I LOVE the story but HATE painting white!

I mean, how can you not love these guys:
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 The_Black_Templar_by_kingmong

Originaly this started as a Black Templar army a few years ago but those white shoulderplates killed me. So I started thinking about a new colour scheme for them. I came up with a dark metal basecolour and red trimmings and cloth so I made a testmodel and looked great.
I think of them as Imperial Fist successors that has the same chapter organisation as The Black Templars but on a smaller scale(crusades gone very bad).
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 3:16 pm

Nice work on the new stuff - how about an army pic to show us what slowcoach painters like myself are missing! The helmet on the devastator sergeant and the far right assault squad guy - are they conversions or where did you get them from? - they look pretty unique.

Great job as always!

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hitting the wall... again...
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next