Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hitting the wall... again...

Go down 
+18
jd3
Komfritten
Narcissus
Gatlag Stonetooth
Lord GreyWolf
Dread_Kennedy
jammydodger
Laney
VonHagel
Da Bank
way-of-the-warrior
Librarian
dr!zzt
MathiasDark
cody20
dwi
Mordheimer
mudboy
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:45 pm

The board rider head is awesome. Looks very evil lord of the rings orcy. The orc looks very tough. Great job mixing the bits together. I like his sword too.

I like your terminator list. Mostly because it is low model count and no vehicles.

THe one terminator with the mace and shield makes me think he is playing a guitar. Looks hilarious to me.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Oh I'm positively thrilled - had not seen this thread! Yay for more cool things to look at - I will look through with great expectations!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:55 pm

Mudboy... that Ork is pure insanity! The combination of bits is spot on! Really amazing work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks for all comments guys:D

The day after my last post I got the flu so I didn't have any energy for painting or modeling, but this weekend I got a bit better so i managed to get something started. I'm a little stressed by the amount of things I need to paint in the next month so I can have an army to bring to the tournament.

List of things I need to paint:
8 Bloodcrushers
Herald of Khorne
Chariot for the herald
Daemon prince

It might not seem like very much but the crushers are quite demanding and the chariot aint no picnic either:|

Anyway, here a some pic's of the progress so far.

One of so far three crushers(still need to buy the last five):

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P1290322
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P1290323

The herald I just finshed kitbashing:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P1290324
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P1290325

And the chariot in progress:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P1290326
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P1290327

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 1:51 pm

WOW! Amazing work... the verdigris (pattena) on the collars is VERY nice... and the chariot is ACE! Love the wood effect!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 am

One week till the tournament and I haven't even had any practice games! I'm not even finished painting the damn models yet. Well, at least the only things left are the crusher riders and the herald's sword so it's not that bad. Just have to finish them this weekend and catch a few games during the next week.

Unfortunatly the verdigris on the second batch of crushers didn't turn out very good so I have to redo it at some point though I'm not sure I'm going to do it before or after the tournament.

PICS!!!!!

The big bad prince:
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P2250006

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P2250007

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P2250008

Big box of beasties:
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P2250009

Herald and his pimped ride:
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P2250014

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:55 pm

OMG that work is Fantastic! Nice!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 7:58 pm

That Prince!!!! Shocked My only concern... how the Warp I'm going to swallow all that? Anyhow... gorgeous paint!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks guys Very Happy

The tournament went really well. Some fun games with great opponents(one exception) and a solid 11th place out of 29 so way better than i expected. I figured I would end up in the bottom ten as I don't play that often and when I do it's just for the fun of it.

The one opponent I didn't enjoy playing against was a BA player who apperently didn't understand the concept of this tournament. Emperor's Chosen is about having fun with balanced, fluffy lists and fairplay. He was one of those guys who will do anything to win and just has a bad attitude. The mission had four objectives that had to be rigged in the movement phase. First he makes a congaline to secure and rig the first two objectives(cause that's what a Blood Angel squad would do, yup) making sure there's exactly two inches between each marine. Then when my Blood Crushers mishapped on the deep strike and was destroyed he jumped up and down yelling "HELL YEAH". Granted, it's a dangerous unit that no one want's to fight with but there's a limit. In the end when he thought it was a draw and I pointed out that he had forgotten to rig one of the objectives when he had slaughtered one of my units that had just taken it back from him he got so mad he started hitting his own models(not mine, luckily) and the terrain about. And of course more yelling with even more obsenities that i wont write here Shocked I would have pointed it out to him earlier if he hadn't been such a douchebag in the first couple of turns. I'll be the first to admit it was a cheap victory but it still tasted so good beating that guy.

The rest of the games was great even when I had my ass handed to me. Daemons is a very difficult army to play as there is so much chance and randomness in it and it's hard to make battleplan. You have to constantly change and adapt your plan as the units become available. But it's a lot of fun to take on that challenge.

I took some pictures during the games and I wouldn't dream of not posting them. I think Mord would actually come over and fill my ears with greenstuff(and steal my stuff, goes without saying) if I didn't post them. So here they are: http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/4480767/1/EC%20XII?h=fb20fd

And a few selected:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P3030023
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P3030038
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P3030053
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P3040077
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P3030059
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P3030063

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:36 pm

Glad to hear everyone was good to play against (except the Blood Angel guy who has brought shame upon his Chapter Brothers - numpty! If you can't win (or lose) with good grace then don't bother and I'm speaking as a very competitive person myself).

The army looks awesome - great looking, with some cool variety. Did you meet any Grey Knights? I'm curious, because the army looks ace, whether it would stand up against them (given they are tailored for daemon killing). This one of two codexes I don't have (the other being Dark Eldar) - is it worth a look?

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 10:54 pm

OHHH!!! Demon crazy battlefield... YES!!! Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Throne!!!

Because of bad apples like that BA player is why I don't play 40k anymore... I like to play fluffy inspiring lists. I don't mind if your list happens to be super kick-ass... but at least make it fluffy. You have 4 billion blood letters? Fine with me. The opponent happened to run Tau with ridiculous range firepower? Great! I hope you win ( Yeay for Chaos !!!) I got used to loosing big (from playing Dozer and jd3) but ALWAYS having great lists that fit the armies.

Next time you see that BA player, kick him in the nuts and scream...

Quote :
THE MORDHEIMER SENT YOU HIS Best Sportsmanship Award!!!

Your models look AMAZING (you better post pictures, biatch... if you don't, I KILL YOU!) Definitely your army was the talk of the tourney! Glad you had a great time. Wish I were there (so I can 'borrow' some models! Just Kidding )
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 8:27 am

Great updates on the painting! Love your metal colors like the on the daemon prince. Do you use a diluted version of boltgun metal? Or something else?

Good thing you beat that BA bastard! Very Happy

Mordheimer wrote:
Next time you see that BA player, kick him in the nuts and scream...

Quote :
THE MORDHEIMER SENT YOU HIS Best Sportsmanship Award!!!
Haha, I actually have once won a Best Sportmanship on a Warhammer Fantasy GT. Glad I got a trophy instead of your "prize"! LOL
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks guys

The metal is plain boltgun with a badab black wash.

Sorry to dissapoint you mord. My army was not part of the top painted ones. My style is way to simple to compete with some of the other guys:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 ECXII148Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 ECXII150
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Here's your pic Mord. Hope you enjoy it Cool

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P5270022

Now what kind of daemon thingy could that be...
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 6:38 pm

I really liked the demon metal dog things.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Blurry pics SUCK.... but I enjoy them non-the-less!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:18 am

The start of my Mono Nurgle army consists of some Plaguebearer sculpts built on Kroot that will be casted in resin:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P5310036
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P5310035

And a 'headstart':

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P5310037

And the giant I posted a few days ago has begun his transformation into a Great Unclean One:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P5310041
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P5310040
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P5310042

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:32 pm

Puke

I guess this is a good thing! Just Kidding MOAR!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:50 pm

that one eyed head needs a horn.

Nurgle
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:02 am

Ace sculpting - these look great (I was considering a conversion of bloodletters to plague bearers along similar lines a while ago (needless to say it didn't come to anything).

Also, check out Heresy miniatures line of plague daemon models - they have some amazing cyclops and triclops heads, plus some where the head has been completely sliced off from the eyeline (like the soldier demon in Constantine). I have a few spare ones/bits lying around if you wanted to 'try before you buy'.

Keep it up - The Giant is going to be amazing!

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:29 am

Very nice. This makes me want to try something similar. I have some bloodletter bits and had planned to do it as well. Just haven't gotten there yet. Sculpting your own and then casting them is a great idea. Can't wait to see the final results.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:07 am

The head is a WIP. So far it only has the face and it will his horn soon enough.

I love the Heresy models and heads but I find the demons to be too expensive when I need 35 of them. By making them myself I can spend some money on the FW prince Cool
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:07 pm

You plan to cast them? I think you should make few 'nice' arms, legs, torsos and heads... cast a bunch of them and then mix-match your army!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:38 pm

That's the plan. 4 torso/legs, 7 heads and bunch of different arms. My own multipart casts Very Happy

Progress on the GUO:

Both sides of the sword (dark so you can see the detail on the sword):

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P6020020
Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P6020018

Torso back:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P6020022

Torso front:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P6020023

Swordhand:

Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 P6020024

Cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:34 pm

Dude... !!! Amazing! Don't get me wrong... I really like the GUO from FW... but you will have NOTHING to envy that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitting the wall... again...   Hitting the wall... again... - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hitting the wall... again...
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next