Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fire Lions project, test Marine

Go down 
+3
Komfritten
Mordheimer
Devo88
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Devo88

Devo88

Fire Lions project, test Marine Empty
PostSubject: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Fire Lions project, test Marine 045
Fire Lions project, test Marine 044
Fire Lions project, test Marine 043

I am open to suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Interesting. LOVED the Shield... but the Shoulder Pads seem too much (stick out).

Why not using a color scheme like this one?
Fire Lions project, test Marine 40348_md-Custom,%20Flamer,%20Flames,%20Infernus,%20Meltagun,%20Rocks,%20Space%20Marines,%20Warhammer%2040,000

Maybe yellow (instead of black) and defined flames (black lining).
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:16 pm

omg! Hot-Rod Marines!
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 1:37 am

The Shield and the shoulder pads are from Scibor, they are supposed to be 28 mm but they seemed to big! Maybe I should go with the shields and the flame shoulder pads like the ones in the picture you posted!
thanks for the help!

Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 am

The pads and shield are for termies.
Cool idea though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Hmmmmmm, Terminators!!!!! This was only a test Marine, I just put it together to get a feel for him and take a picture of him to post! And get some ideas form everyone! And I already have a few? I also have a Commander in mind for the Fire Lions, I’m still working on him he is also form Scibor miniatures!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Make a Termy with the shoulder pad (blue tack it, if you want) so we can see...
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:58 am

An honest critique...(sorry if it come off as douchish it's not ment to be)

What if you actually used a metallic gold instead of yellow gold.
Then wash the metallic gold with a brown ink to give it that aged antiqued look.

I like the orange (my first marines where orange)
But i hate GW's color of orange Id add a bit of darker red to it for your base coat then over coat with the color you got there and add a highlight by adding some yellow to the orange.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:00 am

You could combine these shoulder pads on the termies with forgeworld Astral Claw shoulder pads on the power armoured marines (lots of lion goodness). I think a flesh wash to define the armour would help it out. I like the colour scheme, but Legion of the Damned colours are ace too! What have you considered for the contrasting (spot) colour?

The only other thought I've had is that this guy needs a thunder hammer (it might be cheesy, but TH/SS are great!) or maybe the new boarding gravitron gun.

Cheers Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 4:22 pm

I thought I had some Termi's and my bit box lol, thank god for ebay!!!! hay guys thanks for all the feedback you are all great!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 5:14 am

Dysturbed wrote:
I like the orange (my first marines where orange)
But i hate GW's color of orange Id add a bit of darker red to it for your base coat then over coat with the color you got there and add a highlight by adding some yellow to the orange.
I agree, orange can be a cool color. I did some orange marines for my latd, when I'm back from vacation I'll post some pics. You might get some inspiration from them Devo88.
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:14 pm

One thing I noticed on most termi's is that most of them all ready have the shoulder pads on all ready, not like the ole skool Termi's where you had to glue them on! Oh well I guess I will do some fileing on them to make the Lion shoulder pads work!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:55 am

Uhhh... some of them. The plastic Termies have a 'black' space on the shoulder (looks like a Space Marine shoulder pad!) but it is where you put the Terminator Shoulder Pad.

Terminator Arms
Fire Lions project, test Marine GW48-10-21C Fire Lions project, test Marine GW43-12-09

Terminator Shoulder Pads
Fire Lions project, test Marine Astralctermpads Fire Lions project, test Marine Astralcpads
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:18 pm

The Black Reach Termies have the shoulder pads already moulded on - maybe these are the ones Devo88 is referring to.

Ta Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Ohhh! My bad! Embarassed I learned something new.
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Yes the Black Reach Termies are the ones I have, and the boxs set of termies has
a Heavy Flamer where you can put the one shoulder pad on! But after I made the original statement about the Shoulder pads all ready on the termies, I looked at the one's that Forgeworld has so there for I stand corrected lol! But I did find a power fist I can use along with the Heavy Flamer! So I will work on the Termie I have! Though I wish I had a Thunder Hammer to use! Well anyway I have what I need to put one together!
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:48 am

Ok I ran into a problem the heavy flamer has some tubing running from the back of shoulder plate to the flamer, that is in the way for the lion shoulder pad, it kind of fits on the power fist, but the tubing is in the way also they still look to big!! OK now looking at the problem closer I could do some filing down on the inside of the shoulder pads! Once again a must add, thanks to everyone on you input!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 6:58 am

Cut the tube... file the stuff down! You can MAKE your own tubing... guitar string looks GREAT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire Lions project, test Marine   Fire Lions project, test Marine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fire Lions project, test Marine
Page 1 of 1