Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet] Empty
PostSubject: WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet]   WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Here is the start of my Daughter's team... she can't decide on the name for her team.

She is 5 and her name is Scarlett. She has been very lucky and we have been able to get the following team for her:

WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet] 10067741

Front Row: The Baconator [loves playing piggy in the blanket], Blade the Koala [loves vampire movies bit of a twi-hard], Kevin the Wombat [Kev to his mates if he had any], Mrs Coomftr [Come on one more for the road], Buggsy the Bunny [suffers from an addictive habit, smoking carrots]
2nd Row: Thumper Bunny [Ex-Hollywood star, sufferes from jealousy towards deers], Miss Mooloo [whatch it or she'll ring your bell], Daddy Roo [don't hurt his baby or you'll get thrashed], My Lil Ponie [gender confused horse reliving the old days.], Ernie the Dingo [ex-baby sitter]]
3rd Row: Small fry [small man syndrome], Spike the Dragon [likes to talk about ponies], Baa None [loner type,had to leave the farm quickly some kind of afair with the ....], Baby Roo [Don't mess with the squirt his daddy will hurt you] , Mr Ickle [Attention seeker and scene hog.],
Back Row: Taz the Tyrant [Control freak and suffers from the Napoleonic Syndrome] , Eric the Emu [can catch about anything else except the ball, always sick.],

here is a close up of "Baaa None" had to cut of his hand with the basket ball off and remove it from his thigh.

WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet] 1006781g

lucky i got the Ernie the Dingo with optional hands so i used the ball carrying one on Baaa. I'll add some armour to his thigh to cover the cut mark.

Will start painting this team up after the GreenStone Cup and I have glued up my Warmachine armies. As for the 5 figs from the "nuthin but net" product range I will have to do some work on them to hide the basketball uniforms and make them into more of a Gridiorn look.

Cheers
GreyWolf
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet]   WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:13 pm

Looks good. Are you going to paint them or will your daughter?

I've never played bloodbowl. How is it as a game for family and non-gamers?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet]   WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:22 pm

Narcissus wrote:
Looks good. Are you going to paint them or will your daughter?

I've never played bloodbowl. How is it as a game for family and non-gamers?

lol after the amount of $$ I have paid for this team I will be painting them.

as for the game it comes under that catergory of a "Beer and Pretzel" game. Rules are simple but its the strategy and tactics that can take awhile to learn.

Some teams are really easy to play as their style is straight forward.

for example:

Dwarfs, and Orcs are Bash teams basically you bash your opponent down to the turf and grab the ball set up a defensive cage and slowly move the ball up to the end zone. rinse and repeat.

if you want flair then try:
The Elves and Human teams they are both throwing teams as they both come with Throwers, catchers etc. Not saying an orc or dwarf team can't throw the ball just that they tend to move the ball up slowly whilst the Elves will throw and throw oh and throw the pig skin almost all the time.

My Daughter will pick up the movement and rules reasonably ok as each character has a certain movement that is measured in the amount of squares it can be moved rather then measuring. Same goes with throwing the ball we have a template ruler that she places down that shows short/mid and long passes each one gives modifiers on the ability to throw the ball.

As each team member does things [passing, catching, causalities, Scoring touch downs etc] they gain Star player points as they get to certain levels they can roll on the chart to see what they get [ attribute increase, skill, and if they roll a double they can choose a skill from out of their 2nd skill pool.]

I love the game as it doesn't take long to play or set up a team and its loads of fun with heaps of options.

cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet]   WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WIP: Scarlett's Team [No name yet]
Page 1 of 1