Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!

Go down 
+12
Kiwi
Da Bank
Komfritten
Lazi
mudboy
dumdeedum
Gatlag Stonetooth
skavenslayer
DeafNala
Laney
Narcissus
Mordheimer
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 11:03 am

UPDATE: No pics. Sorry...

The weather has been an absolute nightmare here. It is raining, humid and cold... a recipe for dipping/staining disaster. On Friday morning (before rushing to work) I got a minimal window... so I stained all the models. I was chatting with Arachas, so he is my witness (well... kindda).

Yesterday was Alejandro's (my son) 6th birthday party. It was supposed to be from 1pm to 5pm here in the house. So we had to clean (or hide stuff) before the kids arrived. Our last guest left at 11:30pm... yes, they have kids. Typical Puertorrican party; all gringos left on the dot (5pm... punctual people) and all Puertorricans not only stayed, but took over the kitchen and cooked. I guess they needed to eat some more in order to stay. HA! We had a great time, even with the rain and that the inflatable bounce house collapsed (deflated) with kids inside. The quote of the day? "Mommy! I got out through the emergency exit!" Alejandro woke up today claiming he had "the best day of his life" yesterday.

All in all... great, but no paint.

Based on the stains I did Friday (they are now dry), the problems with the Cherub's veins are minimized. He will get a LIGHT wash with sickly green on his body and the wings will get some sickly brown. Then I will be able to paint the details on his face! So my Prisoner is 95% done.

The IR Commander received a new arm injury, as Dozer requested. It looks AWESOME!!! If course, the stain makes it look shinny... so after I can Matte Finish him, then I can add the details to his injuries and his face. The eyes will be a challenge!!! I guess he is 95% done.

The control panel for the bomb looks great (simple metal drybrush over black... but for me this is a HUGE victory!) and I just need to paint the panel... freehand! GULP! I will say the panel is 85% done. I could use it as is and only the pickiest people would know... damn! I will paint it. Stupid "push yourself"....

The building's base is stained... looks great! Now it needs some grey drybrushing. Also it needs the 'posters' and some static grass. I will say is 85% done. I'm scared about the posters!

The bomb... F*CK!!! I need to build it! I'm not particularly concerned, because it will be a metal drybrush. CRAP!!! The bomb is at 0%.

Toxic Glow... uhhh!!! The bomb will be covered by the OSL of the glow of the toxin rods. I plan to take the airbrush out for that. Shocked I could do this freehand... faster. But to be honest, Laney's Prisoner is bugging me to try this. I don't know.

Hopefully I will finish tonight, so I can ship tomorrow. AGGGHHHH!!!! If it rains, I won't be able to finish (will be unable to seal it)... so I will see.

Wish me luck... updates later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:50 pm

Omg!? you are dependent on the weather to paint?! Good riddance I live in Denmark with real walls Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:11 pm

Hahaha.... it is me. I'm dipping (staining) the model and terrain. I do NOT mind the smell, but the wife does. It means that I have to stain outside and leave the material outside for 24 hrs. At this time of the year is around 70o, sunny with low humidity... so no problem. Except that my time is now limited to the weekends... and since I barely see the kids on the week, thus the rush for family time. My time is super limited and when I seem to get a break, it rains! Mad
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 6:19 pm

Hehe the family "issue's" I can relate to ! The little ones needs our love and compassion Smile

Hope it all adds up for you in the end Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:08 am

UPDATE! No pics yet... things drying now.

1) Cherubim: Needs eye painted and few details. It is 'table quality' right now... so far I'm pleased.

2) IR Captain: VERY awesome! Still needs eyes, but the wound, blood, shaved head hair line looks great!

3) Building: SUPER happy! The posters are a nice touch. I even added a couple of trashed newspapers. Hehehehe. Some drybrushing and static grass on key locations. I'm VERY happy!

4) Control Panel: I spend some time on the panel. Looks nice (at least to me). Could be better, but since that is supposed to be background noise (part of the building) I decided not to go 'super' realistic.

5) Bomb: NOTHING done. Shocked I will take the parts to work, as well as some paint.

6) OSL Toxin Glow: I will do it tomorrow morning. After the building is dry, I will cover some parts with paper (upper floor) and try to air-brush it. I may screw it all pretty fast.

Needless to say, I don't think I will be able to ship tomorrow. Probably on Tuesday. My apologies to my Recipient.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:23 am

I'm DONE!!!! Here are some 'dirty' pics I took in a hurry. I will take more later. For now, enjoy!!!

Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 PEQuickPreview-01
Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 PEQuickPreview-02
Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 PEQuickPreview-03
Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 PEQuickPreview-04
Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 PEQuickPreview-05
Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 PEQuickPreview-06
Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 PEQuickPreview-07

Like always, I wish I could do more, but I'm out of time (and skill!) Unfortunately, I'm late for work... so shipping will be for tomorrow. Again my apologies to my Recipient... I will add some extra goodies!

Comments and critiques are welcomed (although I won't change a thing!) Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:06 am

Wow! What a disturbing scene. The creepy cherubim definitely looks pretty corrupted. The blood splatter around the renegade is pretty insane too. The close up picture of the scene (picture 3) makes the glow from the bomb look great. You really captured the scene you were trying to. Great job getting the cherub's base flush too! A very nice piece. The lucky recipient should have great fun with the scenery and the models. Fantastic work. Great job pushing yourself to try so many new techniques.

Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:20 am

That is a SPECTACULAR SUCCESS! Everything turned out TERRIFIC...it's a cinematic event! You created a piece to be proud of...VERY WELL DONE
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 11:24 am

So cool!

The cherub really turned out nasty(in the good way) and the IR commander has a great look on his face.

Job well done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 pm

Really cool diorama - the OSL from the virus bomb is what caught my eye - perfect.

The drama of this scene is like the denouement of a film. That final resolution (like the fall of Anakin Skywalker).

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 pm

@ Narcissus: Thanks! I'm glad you like it and that the story could be understood. You are one of the hobbyist I want to emulate. While my building is nothing compare to yours, is much better. Thanks for all the advice!

@ DeafNala: THANKS DEAF!!! Coming from you, such compliments leave a mark scar in my heart. I think I will move out of the dark and macabre bussiness... I like much more the silly & wacky. Hehehehe. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoy the piece. I do enjoy all the stuff you make very much, so I'm glad I can pay it forward! Just Kidding

@ mudboy: HA! Glad you enjoyed the Corrupt Cherubim. It is not my best model, but I do love the transformation it endured. This has been a great journey for me as I finally got over my fear terror of sculpting! Thanks for the encouragement.

@ Laney: The OSL is not as good as the stuff you make, but (again) I was really inspired by YOUR Prisoner. Your work inspired me to try. I know understand that I don't need to make this huge issue about the air-brush... I can simply turn it on and spray away! I do have a HUGE learning curve... so between you, jd3 and Komfritten I think I can become better. On an interesting note, I think I mix the paint too water (I had some run off on the bottom)... so I picked it up with a dry brush. The I added some paint near the center (with a brush as normal). I saw the difference and then I figure out a way to 'soften' the brush strokes; WATER! I put just water on the spray gun and put a couple of short bursts... voila! Cheating? Maybe. Solved the problem? You betcha! Just Kidding

I also want to note that this diorama is 100% dipped! Like DeafNala once told me... the result is not the best, but it gives great results! This is a clear demonstration that no Army (or Squad) should be unpainted. You can be creative and DIP the model... you get excellent looking models in no time. Just Kidding (This section of this post is not sponsored by Army Painter Dark Stain. Wink )
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:53 pm

Very very very nice. I like it a lot. The Nurgle plague-cherub is ace.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:12 am

Very nice finished piece Mord! Love the small details everywhere and like Laney said that glowing effect from the bomb is just plain sweet! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:26 am

Well, I was waiting to finish the story (LINK) to mail the piece. Sorry... but for me, this was CRITICAL!

The stuff is on the mail... with a copy of the story and few extra goodies! cheers

@ jd3: Thanks! I know you prefer Psykers... but a little Puke is OK every now and then. Just Kidding

@ Gatlag: Thanks for the kind comments! The glow on the picture is not the finished version, but very close. After the bomb's glue dried, I went and completed the front. I think the illusion turned out great.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:55 am

I'm really impressed with how you tried so many new and ambitious things with this diorama Mordheimer. It seems that this event has really pushed all the participants into challenging themselves. Any plans for your next project?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:22 am

Wow! Nice work. I like the glowing section underneath.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:08 am

@ Narcissus: Hehehe... some people pushed me too! Ahem... hehehehe. It was a great experience for me. I was telling DeafNala that I want to do something wacky for my next project. The PE was a little morbid... time to lighten the mood! I may do something with Gretchins. I feel like a carnival game! Whack-a-Marine? Hehehehe

@ DaBank: Thanks! The final diorama is a little retouched... I think is better. After the Prisoner is received, I will post more pics. How did you like the story?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!   Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mordheimer's Prisoner Log - Updated 04/30/2012 DONE!!!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6