Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ragnar joins the Death Squad

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ragnar

Ragnar joins the Death Squad Empty
PostSubject: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 3:43 am

G'day all, drinker, wargamer, painter and modeller. Looking forward to checking out some cool stuff here.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 7:21 am

Hahaha... Welcome!!!

Were you from? How did you found Death Squads? Any 40k armies you play? What Squads you are interested in? PICTURES... share! Just Kidding

Hope you find all you need. If not, let us know... we will listen. Maybe not do a thing, but we will listen! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Welcome to Deathsquads!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Ragnar

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Cheers guys!

I gotta come clean, I tend to be interested mostly in historical gaming. I am not really a fan of GW products and games, although I have played the historicals version of WFB. I do however have about a platoons worth of Tau, about the same of Space Marines and a decent armies worth of Skaven (love the new Skaven).

As said, I am mostly an historical gamer and I have forces for WWII, WWI, Cold War, early medieval, English Civil War and a bunch of stuff that will probably never see the light of day. Although I flit from project to project, I am currently focussing on a small fantasy project of skirmish Conan/Hyborian gaming.

I am also keen on scratchbuilding terrain so was looking for inspirational stuff on the web and came across this forum.

I hope to post some pictures soon and see some nice stuff here.

Thanks for reading.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:54 am

Did you checked out DeafNala's table?
http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t1305-ploodding-along-on-the-gaming-table-update-03-26-12

It is CRAZY! Also, Laney has some crazy terrain pieces!
Back to top Go down
Ragnar

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:28 am

Mordheimer wrote:
Did you checked out DeafNala's table?
http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t1305-ploodding-along-on-the-gaming-table-update-03-26-12

It is CRAZY! Also, Laney has some crazy terrain pieces!

Ah good stuff, a nice desolate wasteland.
Back to top Go down
Ragnar

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 1:49 am

Can someone please give me a quick rundown about the Death Squads game?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 7:26 am

Sure!

Death Squads is a miniature skirmish wargame inspired in the Warhammer 40,000 Universe for 2 (or more) Players. Each Player controls a group of soldiers (known as a Squad) of a specific faction or race in the 40k Universe, of no more than 20 soldiers (known as Fighters). Players decide on a set of guidelines for each game (knows as a Scenario) which sets the mission's objectives and background, thus each game is different (even if the scenario is the same).

Fighters on a Squad can be grouped into Officers and Recruits; Officers are a little more 'special' as they get access to better gear and could do more 'heroic' things (through specialized Skills). At the end of each game, winners are determined based on the Scenario and it is determined what happened after the battle - injured soldiers may recover, die or be permanently injured; treasure or specialty items may be found; new reinforcements may be acquired; soldiers learn from the experience and may even improve.

Players may 'link' games together, in the form of a Campaign. After Game 1 ends, Players determined what happened. This information is 'carried' to Game 2; anyone who is permanently injured (i.e. lost a leg, thus moves slower) remains permanently injured, any treasure or new gear acquired may be used, the new hires can be used in battle, those who 'advanced' from experience retain the knowledge gained (i.e. if an Officer had enough experience to roll for an advancement and learned a new Skill, he can use the Skill).

Death Squads is tailored to promote a narrative game. After each game you have the 'material' to write a short story... you have the 'actors' (good and bad), a plot (mission), action (what happened in detail) and a conclusion (post-game). You could even write inspired by the Campaign, thus making a short book! Wink

But Death Squads is much more. You could use it to ENHANCE your 40k experience. Instead of just playing a couple of 40k games, you could play a Death Squads game as a scouting mission (i.e. destroy a communications array) and the effects affect the 40k game (i.e. winner gets 250 extra points for their army in 'reinforcements'). Also, the game offers you a chance to create a detailed background for your 40k 'general'... rather than just using the story provided by the Codex, you could use the material you created by playing Death Squads.

Hope all this helps!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:42 am

Historical gaming is way more interesting than this sci-fi gibberish anyway. Wink

Welcome to Death Squads!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:53 am

Arachas wrote:
Historical gaming is way more interesting than this sci-fi gibberish anyway. Wink
Great endorsement! Stick of Doom (he is right thou...)
Back to top Go down
Ragnar

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:05 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Arachas wrote:
Great endorsement! Ragnar joins the Death Squad 1308685301 (he is right thou...)

Shhhhhh! Ragnar joins the Death Squad 370944 I wasn't going to say that!

Anyway, my gaming mates like a variety of stuff including Sci-fi and fantasy.
Back to top Go down
Ragnar

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Sure!

Death Squads is a miniature skirmish wargame inspired in the Warhammer 40,000 Universe for 2 (or more) Players. Each Player controls a group of soldiers (known as a Squad) of a specific faction or race in the 40k Universe, of no more than 20 soldiers (known as Fighters). Players decide on a set of guidelines for each game (knows as a Scenario) which sets the mission's objectives and background, thus each game is different (even if the scenario is the same).

Fighters on a Squad can be grouped into Officers and Recruits; Officers are a little more 'special' as they get access to better gear and could do more 'heroic' things (through specialized Skills). At the end of each game, winners are determined based on the Scenario and it is determined what happened after the battle - injured soldiers may recover, die or be permanently injured; treasure or specialty items may be found; new reinforcements may be acquired; soldiers learn from the experience and may even improve.

Players may 'link' games together, in the form of a Campaign. After Game 1 ends, Players determined what happened. This information is 'carried' to Game 2; anyone who is permanently injured (i.e. lost a leg, thus moves slower) remains permanently injured, any treasure or new gear acquired may be used, the new hires can be used in battle, those who 'advanced' from experience retain the knowledge gained (i.e. if an Officer had enough experience to roll for an advancement and learned a new Skill, he can use the Skill).

Death Squads is tailored to promote a narrative game. After each game you have the 'material' to write a short story... you have the 'actors' (good and bad), a plot (mission), action (what happened in detail) and a conclusion (post-game). You could even write inspired by the Campaign, thus making a short book! Wink

But Death Squads is much more. You could use it to ENHANCE your 40k experience. Instead of just playing a couple of 40k games, you could play a Ragnar joins the Death Squad 778760 game as a scouting mission (i.e. destroy a communications array) and the effects affect the 40k game (i.e. winner gets 250 extra points for their army in 'reinforcements'). Also, the game offers you a chance to create a detailed background for your 40k 'general'... rather than just using the story provided by the Codex, you could use the material you created by playing Ragnar joins the Death Squad 778760.

Hope all this helps!

Thanks mate, so I take it they are based on the 40k engine? Also, I am probably being thick but I could not see the rules. Where can I find them please?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 7:20 pm

40k engine? Not for long... Just Kidding
Download the latest rules on the Official Downloads section (LINK).

After you read them, then post your questions on the appropriate threads for yummy extra credits! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ragnar joins the Death Squad   Ragnar joins the Death Squad I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ragnar joins the Death Squad
Page 1 of 1