Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black Reach Box Set

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Devo88

Devo88

Black Reach Box Set Empty
PostSubject: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 6:09 pm

I bought this years ago I think in 2006! Now that I am putting it together! Errrrrrrrrrrrrr, I had trouble getting the figs off of the Sprues I used my cutters and my knifes, useually I just use my knife! I never had problems like this before!!!!! Plus the seem lines are really bad! Puke Sad All in all I am not happy! Puke Sad Cheap cheap cheap, for the money you pay for it! Like I said I never had trouble with games workshop figs before! Sorry for the rant LOL

I also bought the command squad box set! The plastic banner is blank, what? Am I supposed to paint the banner by hand, I am not an artist!!! I know they did this so you can use them for any Space Marine Chapter! Maybe if I scan the Banner from the Space Marine Codex and cut it to fit, I do not know! Any suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 8:10 am

Yes, the AoBR set is super basic, single pose Marines. The trade-off is that you get lots of them and a Dreadnought... and ORKS! Yes! The mold lines (on my XP) were not too bad (no more than usual).

The Banner is blank. The easiest thing is to do as you suggest. It is a shame. I think it should and some with some kind of 'generic' engraving.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
lakedaimonioi

lakedaimonioi

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:43 am

Do vehicles still come with large decals?

A plain colour or quartered pattern banner with some decals on it should look okay.
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:51 pm

This guy was saying on a vid I was watching yesterday, that if you bought every thing seperately you would pay like $160.00 for all rhe stuff in the Black Reach set!
As for the Blank Banner! I will look a the vehicle transfers? I just wish that they would make transfers for this, years ago the made stickers for squad leaders, captains, termies and librarians! I will look on ebay for them!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:09 pm

I quite like the black reach models myself. The ones I have don't seem to have too many mould lines. I especially like the dread, terminators, and nobs.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Now I am beginning to like it after I worked a bit with the file and sand papper we will see after I am done!
Just more marines to add to my army!
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 6:56 pm

last time i added some AOBR models to my army, basic marines waiting for basing, and when friend gave me captain with this funny backpack banner, i just cut it out, put same funny skull on it,and fot me- it work better Smile
pics soon, now he's one of my best models i've ever painted Smile
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks Mr. dr!zzt! I will post pic of them later! But I wish I would of taken pics of there deformities! I think I just got a bad batch, but I will make them work! I do not know what to do with the Orks, same as when I bought the first 40k box set I painted Orks, LOL but they are my first time painting along with the Space Marines but the Orks are still in the box! I gave the Space Marines a new coat of paint! I think it was the First 40k box set with Space Marines and Orks? I could be wrong!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Reach Box Set   Black Reach Box Set I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Reach Box Set
Page 1 of 1