Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My mighty Black templars

Go down 
+3
mudboy
Laney
TheBlackKnight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

My mighty Black templars Empty
PostSubject: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:25 am

I hear you lot like pics, so here are some of my Black Templars army.

Enjoy

My mighty Black templars DSCN3157

Here is my marshal leading the assault terminators

My mighty Black templars DSCN3159

The Emperor's Champion leading a squad of dual wielding close combat zealots

My mighty Black templars DSCN3161

Tank hunting terminators with deathwind launchers instead of cyclone launchers. Looks better IMO. Chainfists are custom too. Longer than the standard chainfist. All heads are from the WFB chaos warriors, with the corns chopped off. These are the Assault on Black Reach termies too.

My mighty Black templars DSCN3162

Attack bike / chariot and melta gun bikers / riders. Horses are bretonion I think.

My mighty Black templars DSCN3163

Land Raider, enough said.

My mighty Black templars DSCN3164

Heavy weaopns squad. Lascannon from imparial guard heavy weapons team. Same size as a vehicle lascannon. Longer barrel for more epic space marines!

My mighty Black templars DSCN3166

Power fist Initiate, again with chaos head minus the horns. (every member of the army have these helmets)

My mighty Black templars DSCN3167

Home made Emperor's Champ. Chaos warrior bits, repositioned legs, green stuff tabard.

My mighty Black templars DSCN3168

Marshal. He is the AOBR commander with terminator lightning claws and chaos head and shield

My mighty Black templars DSCN3169

Thunder hammer terminator, again with chaos head and shield

My mighty Black templars DSCN3170
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:55 am

Ace kitbashing/conversions across the board. I like the heraldry you've gone for for your crusade - helps them stand out.

The Emperor's Champ is very dynamic - I love the emperors champ model, but that is better.

My only criticism (hopefully constructive) is that the red needs to completely cover the white undercoat in some places e.g. the shield on the thunder hammer termie.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Very cool!!

I really like your use of chaos warrior heads and weapons. I hadn't thought about doing that.

Not sure if I like the horses though. They don't seem very gothic/grimdark compared to the rest of the army. I had an idea once about using mechanical horses for my own templars. Might look in to that again soon. Damn you for re-inspirering me;)
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks for sharing. Those Warrior of Chaos heads fit nicely.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 8:00 pm

I remember you mentioned these were supposed to be Award Winning Black Templars? YOU BET YOUR SWEET SCHMUKENS!!! They are INCREDIBLE! The use of Chaos Helmets? BRILLIANT! The dual color on them? DIVINE! The fact that you dared to paint on three of the most ungrateful colors (black, white & red... you were just missing evil yellow!) and pulled it off with such grace... wow!

Although I like the attack bikes, I have to agree with mudboy (but don't tell him!) ... they seem almost out of place. The idea is good... but the POWER of the other models seem to put these models down. I don't know... they are good! One more thing...

TheBlackKnight wrote:
I hear you lot like pics...

You are mistaken, Sir. We don't like pics... we LOVE pics!

HA! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 4:11 am

Thanks a lot guys, nice to get positive feedback after a lot of hard work (does painting toy soldiers count as actual hard work? It does when you're among like minded people I suppose!)

Quote :
I like the heraldry you've gone for for your crusade - helps them stand out.

My Templars were originally just black and white, and for ages I didn't like them but I couldn't figure out why. Then one day I started painting their bolters red and BAM! it hit me.....MORE COLOUR!!! The heraldry started on the terminators shields, then expanded to their helmets, then the shoulder pads. Its a good way of unifying the army.

Quote :
The Emperor's Champ is very dynamic - I love the emperors champ model, but that is better.

I love making special character models. I think this is my 4th emperor's champion. The last one I made was a comedy model of the Black Knight from Monty Python's Holy Grail (see my avatar).

Quote :
the red needs to completely cover the white undercoat in some places

Its amazing what a camera flash shows up! All the red is covering the white undercoat to the naked eye. Now I can go over these areas and make them better, yay!

Quote :
Not sure if I like the horses though. They don't seem very gothic/grimdark compared to the rest of the army.

Yeah, they aren't very serious and angry looking like the rest of the army, I agree. But I like them, so they stay! I actually have 2 marshals on horses with thunder hammers and another 3 power weapon wielding bikers! They all look awesome when fielded together.
I actually had plans to have horse drawn carages for rhinos and converted pegasus models for land speeders!

Quote :
I remember you mentioned these were supposed to be Award Winning Black Templars?

The award was actually best Black Templar player at the last Games Workshop Grand Tournament, not for painting, lol, but thanks all the same!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 9:49 am

LOVE the paintscheme, very striking. Ace!

Those poor horses... I don't care how thorough-bred you are, power armour is HEAVY!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 1:34 pm

TheBlackKnight wrote:
The award was actually best Black Templar player at the last Games Workshop Grand Tournament, not for painting, lol, but thanks all the same!
Well... SCREW THEM! Your deserve that AND Best Painted Award. We will make it right...

My mighty Black templars Seal11

Print your award, take it to your local store and claim your Non-PrizeTM prize!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Alright these are sweet, very nice army!
Back to top Go down
TheBlackKnight

TheBlackKnight

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2012 5:12 pm

Ha ha, thanks Mord, I'll print that off and frame it beside the gaming award!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My mighty Black templars   My mighty Black templars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My mighty Black templars
Page 1 of 1