Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer

Go down 
+4
Komfritten
Narcissus
Da Bank
Mordheimer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer Empty
PostSubject: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:07 pm

We (my wife, 3 kids & me) was just leaving for the Potato Festival of Elizabeth City when the mail carrier stopped by the house. I got out of the car and received the mail... and BEHOLD! A box from Canada! I have to leave the box in the house... UNOPENED! Stupid Festival... a quick pick.

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer PEFromNarcissus01

This is OFFICIALLY cataloged as 'Cruel & Unusual Punishment'!!! COÑO! I'm really excited. I know what the box has, yet it is like Xmas! I'm being EXTRA annoying... so my wife let me post this. Hehehehe... Well, if I survive the anxiety... more pics soon!

Thanks Narcissus! You are THE best! bounce

Last edited by Mordheimer on Sun May 20, 2012 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:18 pm

Dude: You are telling me you went to a Potato Festival instead of opening the box??

You are a man!

Stay Thirsty My Friends.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:12 am

I am looking forward to this.

Edit: This anticipation is killing me. The postage was incredibly fast. For once I am quite impressed with the postal service.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:02 pm

Did I said you are the best? Maybe the best at being EVIL! Twisted Evil As jokes goes, this was pretty mean... hehehe. I don't know if I want to be angry or happy... angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy, angry, happy... don't know.

WHY?!?! Little Frustrated

OK... you asked. I got home late, carried the kids upstairs... literally THROWING them into bed so I could rush downstairs. The BOSS saw me, so I had to deal with her. Literally, I felt like...
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer Thou-shall-not-pass

After the crisis was adverted (an hour later) I went in to open the box. X-MAS!!!
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer PEFromNarcissus02

Found a post-card and a note in a piece of paper. I muttered "Fuck the note! Open the Prisoner!" Guess who was there... listening. CRAP!!!! I don't remember much... except "Don't you dare to pay more attention to that box than me." The throwing issue returned like a bad zombie. I knew MURDER was not the answer, mainly because blood was going to be very hard to remove from my Prisoner. So I waited. Mental note... don't mutter shit. Say it to the voices INSIDE my head.

Deep breaths...

More later...

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:04 pm

The postcard idea is freakin awesome. We should all do that for the next PE.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Why do you tease me. Open the package already!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:34 pm

Haha! Looking forward to the unravelling Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:15 pm

I'm back... sorry for the delay. Ohhh.. already opened the package when I posted last. Grrr... Mad

Where was I? Ohhh, yes.. READ the notes first. So, I do that... and it is in SPANISH?! Shocked By the Warp! I always thought that Canadians spoke French and English. So I shrugged and read. I started laughing! Apparently, my friend Carmelo... that is what I should call you... not only it is a cheesy male derivative of Carmela, but sounds like caramelo (caramel)... which is exactly how I feel about you right now. Sweet... sticky... annoying... addictive. Love, hate, love, hate, love, hate, love, hate, love, hate, love, hate, love... ANYWAYS...

Apparently, my friend Carmelo is quite the world traveler. He also speaks Spanish, so he decided to write me a letter and practice. He writes like Tarzan speaks (his verb conjugation needs some tweaking) and THEN I started laughing. Again, out loud I roared ... "HA! THIS IS HOW PEOPLE MUST FEEL WHEN THEY READ THE LIVING RULEBOOK!" Ohhh, shit! I looked back! Shocked Ohhh... I'm alone. Cool. "Keep reading bastard... and be quiet!" I finished the letter. I'm kidding... your Spanish is not that bad. So kuddos to you Narcissus... very cool! I would like to know more about your adventures in Ecuador and China... WOW!

Something that stroke me as strange is that in the letter he apologized for the delay indicating that it would take some time. Since the letter had no date and the verb conjugation was off, I chuckled and dismissed it all. "Pffft! Narcissus... you silly goof! I know it my Prisoner was late... it is cool! It was just 2 weeks. No big deal!" CRAP! Again!! I'm alone... "Good! Open the freaking Prisoner!" I threw the letter aside... AHHHH!! The Card!!!! "OK, ok, ok... read the card first... and be quiet about it!" I read the card... I was puzzled. This is a literal translation (without any proper corrections)

Quote :
Here is a photo of my city. We can see the mountains near my house. We are also besides the ocean. In the box is un few present. He wants to wrestle with you Orks. You like?
This is really weird... why would the Comrade want to wrestle (instead of fight) with my Orks? Must be a Russian thing... like wrestling bears. One of the voices in my head interrupted me. "Enough of this waste of time. Reading is for yellow bellies! OPEN THE DAMNED THING!!!" I shock all my wondering off and picked the packaged model.
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer PEFromNarcissus03

"Hmmm... why it looks so small? I thought it would be bigger..." I mumbled. "STOP IT!!! It is trick photography... whatever! OPEN IT NOW!!! If not, I will kill you... I swear I make it look like a suicide too!!" Ay, ay , ay!!! So I finally opened my package...

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer PEFromNarcissus05

Shocked "Uhhh... Who the hell are you?" Suddenly it sank in...

I'm sorry the Prisoner is not finished. Will arrive in one or two weeks. ...

He wants to wrestle with you Orks.

confused

HA! This is THE coolest 'consolation prize' I have ever received. So while I was immensely grateful for Pegleg, the fact that I though it was Comrade Carmelo and I suffered an eternity in anxiety, threw my children, fought with my wife (and lost... TWICE!) and my other Voices almost went in for an all out-mutiny... well, it was kindda mean. "SCREW IT!!! It is an ORK PIRATE!!!" You know... I have a 'thing' about Pirates and monkeys... specially Pirate Monkeys. The only thing that top that is an ORK PIRATE! They don't say 'Arrggh!'... they say 'WAAARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!"

WELL PLAYED, SIR! Salute
You got me at Pegleg...

The level of detail is amazing! The rust, specially on the sword... WOW!!!! Scrapped metal... BRAVO! The basing... OHHHH!!! I'm from Puerto Rico, so I know (REALLY KNOW) how cobble-stone streets should look like... you NAILED IT!!! More pics? Of course! I took some quickly...
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer PEFromNarcissus06
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer PEFromNarcissus07
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer PEFromNarcissus09
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer PEFromNarcissus08

If you guys are interested, maybe I take some more pics with The White Waaagh!... I'm sure The Albino would like to have a word or two with Pegleg. I see the recruitment of a new 'Ard Boy. ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! Idea

What a roller-coaster... I will get you for this Carmelo... one day I will! THANKS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Hahahaha. Glad you like it. It was really hard to keep the making of this model a secret. I really wanted to show pictures of it. Originally I planned to include it in the package with Boris, but he was taking too long so I posted it on its own.

Sorry for the poor Spanish. I wanted to practice. A few of the words I had to look up (like fight) and couldn't decide which verb or word choice was best. I am working on it!

I took lots of WIP and finished pictures so I will put some up later today.

I was thinking that this model would fit in well as a 'Ard Boy or other officer with your orks. I tried to match the red and white colours to them and used some rust on the weapons like your models. The base is actually the base from my cobblestone tutorial. It was sitting unused and the original base I made (wooden planks) wasn't going to give enough contrast.

Glad you like it. Your real prisoner will be along shortly!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 4:44 pm

Awesome Ork!

Amazing work on the paintjob (particularly the weathering) and full of character.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Awesome! That is a freakin cool Ork Pirate.

Freebooters!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 6:42 pm

@ Carmelo: Ohh... you kept the secret good! It is such a 'simplistic' concept... but executed so well! I can't see where the GS begins! It is perfect! I can't wait until the WiP pictures... to find the secrets! YEAY!!!

He fits very well with The Albino... man, it is like Laney painted Pegleg too! Please, take that like a HUGE compliment! Not only you have the same style (as opposed to DeafNala's style... which is completely unique!) I have tried to spot 'errors'.. NONE! Your brush control is superb.

The cobblestones are AMAZING! Here are some pics of the real thing in Old San Juan. Historic fact... these were the ballast the Spanish Galleons used when coming 'empty' from Spain, before they returned with GOLD!!!! The salt water weather them 'blue'... thus 'blue cobblestone' streets.
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer Puertorico_020u
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer 2300569-604556-the-famous-cobblestone-lined-streets-of-historic-old-san-juan-puerto-rico Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer 991887-capilla-chapel-el-cristo-cobble-stone-street-old-san-juan-puerto-rico
Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer Old-san-juan-02-street Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer Blue-bricks

I'm glad it fits so well... I can use him with my li' Mob! The only thing I would change (NOT THAT I WOULD DARE!!!) is that the White Waagh! glyph is the While Ork Skull with a Red Jaw (instead of all white) on the gun. But then again, Pegleg IS a pirate and you know how bad they are at following rules! Just Kidding

Your Spanish is fine. My personal rule... "Get the message across!" I read the note to Valeria and she said "It sounds like I wrote it... HA! We both suck!" I nodded and mentioned that was better than my English. She responded "Not by much!" Heheheh... she will be a handful!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Glad you like him Mord. There are two errors that really bug me. The front side of the right arm triceps is a little sloppy. There is also a bit of pooling of the wash on the inside of the white shirt. Red jaw on the red base on the glyph would not have looked too good. My Spanish could and will definitely improve. I've only been studying for a little while and am slowly working through a computer program (Fluenz Spanish for those that are interested).

Here are some pictures.

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer IMG_1127
Sculpting. The base model is the Assault on Black Reach Nob. The model was really easy to work with.

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer IMG_1131
Hook is from the chaos marauder banner. Pegleg is plasticard. The hat was really difficult to sculpt. It took me 3 or 4 tries to get something acceptable.

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer IMG_1152
I airbrushed the model with model air dark earth and khaki to get zenithal highlights.

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer IMG_1173
WIP painting with just basic skin highlights.

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer IMG_1232
I painted the skin as follows: base of catachan green, highlight reaper master series olive, wash with devlan mud/thraka green, highlight pale olive/olive, light wash with devlan mud/thraka green, light highlight on face with pale olive.

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer IMG_1235
From the back. Red areas were just the new Mephiston Red, washed with a little devlan mud in recesses. The chipped and weathered.

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer IMG_1212
I am quite pleased with the face. And yes, I painted the eye ;-).

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer IMG_1215
Stand off with DeafNala's renegade.
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 9:10 pm

I do not know what to say! LOL

Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:04 am

The Pirate is VERY COOL & WELL DONE, but Mord's struggles to get the box open was an EPIC TALE...I was waiting for a version of The Telltale Heart with Mrs. Mord & all the Little Mordlings chopped up & buried under the flood boards. affraid
CONGRATULATIONS; you've got a GREAT LOOKING mini & another on the way...I hope for the sake of your tenuous hold on sanity that it arrives on a day that you aren't doing the Family Thing. clown
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:00 am

Mordlings...those should be some type of monster added to to TLRB. Hahaha.

I meant to mention, this model is hugely inspired by the masterpieces made by Warboss Kurgan over the years. Check out his pirate thread here.

I am planning to build a warband of these monsters for myself too. In fact, I have been planning to for over a year. I have all the bits. I just need to do it. I am hoping to build them in such a way that they can be used for Mordheim or DS (using magnets). I am planning to base them on 25mm round bases. Any thoughts? I am quite pleased with this colour scheme and plan to use it for the squad. I think the red looks quite striking.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 7:53 am

Love the Ork Pirate! Nice conversion and well painted!
What's your opinion about the new paints? I have bought some pots but haven't got the chance to try them out.

And Mord's unpacking story is just Epic! Can't wait until the Comrade arrives! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:55 am

Warboss Kurgan is one of my IDOLS! Very creative man... a true wrecking force when it comes to modeling. AMAZING! Check the thread Narcissus pointed out... superb stuff!

Mordlings... hmmm... I think I have a new nickname for some little people!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer   Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Received: Narcissus -> Mordheimer
Page 1 of 1