Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus

Go down 
+4
Gatlag Stonetooth
Da Bank
Mordheimer
Narcissus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus Empty
PostSubject: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 5:35 pm

I received a package in the mail. Well, I was out, so I received a note saying I needed to pick up a package at the post office. I picked up my package and found a huge box.

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1157

The name and address were a mystery. I had been sure I was going to receive a prisoner from Europe (specifically a medic as it was on my initial list). Just as I came through the door I remembered that the venerable DeafNala lived in Texas and that the package might be from him!

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1159
Lo and behold, the note inside revealed that the prisoner was from DeafNala. How I did not consider this is beyond me. He built a renegade. I opened the box and carefully extracted the delicately wrapped model and base.

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1161
Here is the diorama in all of its glory. After I opened it I spend ages looking at the detail on the model. All evening I kept coming back and looking at it some more. The entire diorama is beautifully finished. A display or competition worthy piece, for sure. All of the details are very clean and professionally finished, right down to the artists signature.

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1164
The diorama has some classic DeafNala trademarked creepy faces. The detail on the base, wall, and door are incredible too. The highlighting on the rock is top notch and the hinges on the door are astounding.

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1163
I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but DeafNala even included some pipes and gunk coming out of the pipes on the bottom of the base (similar to the ones on a few of my models, although the highlighting on the goo puts mine to shame).

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1167
The model is awesome and will definitely hold a place of honour in my renegade force. Sergeant with hell gun and bulging eyes?

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1170
The top hat, goggles, tongue, creepy arms, and ragged pants make this model have a ton of character. The bold colour scheme will really make him stand out on the table as well.

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1168
Creepy arm

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus IMG_1169
Very cool use of the empire militia torso.

I am absolutely thrilled with the prisoner I received. Thank you so much to DeafNala for producing such a wonderful piece. I am so impressed by the quality, finish, and character of this diorama. The bold colours and strong contrast in the highlights are something I will definitely try on some of my future models, and this model will serve as a great inspiration. I can't say enough great things about the model and how grateful I am to receive it. I wanted to do the prisoner exchange as a chance to push myself as a modeller and build something for someone else. To receive such a beautiful model as a gift from someone I have not even met in real life is an honour and very touching. It is wonderful how through this event and forum people have been brought together in a small way across the world. Thank you DeafNala for this wonderful model.

Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 7:46 pm

BRAVO!!! cheers Now you know how I feel! The details make you wonder how in the name of the Emperor's dirty underwear can you (or in my case, me) do something like that?!? For me, it is a religious experience. The old man rolls his eyes when I say it... I know... but it is true!

Take a second look at the highlighted NMM... bitchin'!!! Photos never do justice... glad you enjoy the piece. Now, we better get some pics of him in action!!!! HA! Enjoy the piece!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Congrats! This is an awesome piece. I love the diorama set for him, especially the green slime falling out of the pipes.

Deafnala is an awesome painter, converting and etc and creative.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:37 am

CongratZ on the catch! Great model to receive! Cool
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:06 am

Congrats! That is a piece to envy!
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Wow that looks great! DeafNala has done it again! Enjoy your prisoner!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 6:50 pm

As always it was a relief knowing the Little Horror arrived after being subjected to the sometimes less than tender mercies of two Postal Systems. I'm delighted that you like the piece ,Narcissus; AND thank you all for your kind commentary. clown
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:50 am

Wild and vibrant - an ace Deafnala original. Very cool. Alice in Wonderland meets Monty Python (with some John Blanche 40k thrown in).

I love your style of painting Deaf.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Thanks, Laney. I've become a fan of your painting style also. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus   Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner received! DeafNala-->Narcissus
Page 1 of 1