Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:18 pm

I hear you Laney. I'm isolated from a gaming community... so is not like I could invest in a game that I won't play much (or anything at all!)

I got the Reaper's Bones... plan to keep lots of models and sell (or give away) the rest. Maybe I slap paint (AHAHAH! Yeah, right...) and sell 'em painted. Who knows.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Progress Report: DreadBall - The Futuristic Sports Game

1,828 Backers
$393,966 pledged of $20,000 goal
6 Days to go
This project will be funded on Sunday Sep 30, 5:00pm EDT.

It keeps moving ahead... very tempting.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:45 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Progress Report: It keeps moving ahead... very tempting.

you know you want to....

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:49 pm

hahahaha... you are EVIL. That's why we love you...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:39 pm

2,151 Backers
$501,685 pledged of $20,000 goal
3 Days to go

The $500,000 mark achieved... Season 3: DreadBall Ultimate digital expansion will be available. This is an expansion to the core game and part of our commitment to support DreadBall as a gaming system. DreadBall is the beating heart of the series, and with Ultimate you will be able to play multi-team games, put big models on the pitch and you’ll get access to four new teams and a characterful cast of MVPs with which to use with your regular games as well as when you, your mates or even your club huddle around a big Ultimate board and play for honours – and challenge each other as to who is the best!

Some comments I read...
Quote :
The comparison to BloodBowl will be inevitable. It's going to be the same for any other fantastical sports board game, especially so for Mantic which did establish itself as an alternative for Warhammer fantasy models. It's expanded its scope somewhat with Kings of War, but every army is either a current or former Warhammer Fantasy staple with the model range designed to be easily usable in both systems. The same is true of Warpath, the only exception being the Veer-myn. Mantic has established itself as a GW alternate/derivative for a variety of reasons, which as others have said, is not a bad thing. That label will probably never go away.

DreadBall is going to be compared with BloodBowl because it's a similarly themed game. It's often how we judge things or explain them to others. We find a baseline and compare. Again, not a bad thing, but protesting it so much can come off as desperate or arrogant which is how I feel about the article on Jake Thornton's blog. I also think it's a poor idea to recommend DreadBall to current BloodBowl players without trying to show the similarities as well as the differences, as the former can attract a lot of people, but again that's a case of protesting too much.

DreadBall and BloodBowl are going to co-exist happily, but ignoring the similarities is pointless. I can understand why it can frustrate when people use it as a tool to undermine a product without giving it a fair chance, but frankly Mantic chose to go down this route, so they and any representatives will either need to simply ignore it all the time or be smart and use it to their advantage.

Interesting. Seems that some of the BB is divided. Some see the game as a shameless copy and won't touch it, while others think is a good 'alternative' game to spice things up.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 10:24 am

2,391 Backers
$16,857 pledged of $20,000 goal
6 Hours to go

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 Minichart

Almost done...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:02 am

I didn't jump in on this in the end - half happy, half regretting not getting this game.

Laney
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 2:13 am

Laney wrote:
I didn't jump in on this in the end - half happy, half regretting not getting this game.

Laney

LOL Laney well I started this thread but in the end I pulled out...

It just wasn't me and there was just no way to play solo...

As Lady Grey was VERY adamant SHE did not want to PLAY IT!!!!!!

and the wolflings are to young to play. Not unhappy I missed out on this...

LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games   Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Dreadball by Mantic Games
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2