Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mantic Games Undead

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Da Eavy

Da Eavy

Mantic Games Undead Empty
PostSubject: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:26 am

Hey there people, wasn't really sure where to post this one.
I have started work on some of the new Undead from Mantic Games. I know how much Mordheimer likes his pics and would like to hear what you guys think of the models and the job on them.
Just 6 basically barely basecoated. They are very nicely priced and come in groups of 10 or 20. I may get lynched for this but personally I prefer them to Tomb Kings. What say you?
Front
Mantic Games Undead Kow_un10
Back
Mantic Games Undead Kow_un11

If it's in the wrong place please accept my apologies. Just thought I'd show you folks.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 6:23 am

Great models and the paint job is spectacular! Yes, this is the right place to post! Have you considered dipping the models? Skeletons are great candidates. Check the Tutorial section for a guide.

Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 8:28 am

They look REALLY good...especially in comparison to GW's "new" skeletons. What a Face

Last edited by DeafNala on Mon May 17, 2010 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:43 am

Their elves are also pretty nice looking!
They recently circulated a joke videos about a price increase that basicly said our price increase is umm well we are not raising them! enjoy! Kinda making fun of GW lol.
Back to top Go down
Da Eavy

Da Eavy

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:10 pm

Many many thanks for your kind words!
I had thought about dipping (Mantic's recommended method) but this would be a first for me and I'm a bit of a chicken see Smile I am probably going to go with a heavy wash or two. There's a conversation I had about it here. Chamber of Kings (CoK) is a pretty quiet site.
I have been following Mantic very closely since I heard about them early this year.
I'm a member of the Mantic Fanatics group on Warseer and have a Youtube video playlist concerning everything Mantic, here.
Good news is they are releasing Dwarves (Love 'em) next and Orks/Orcs (Hate 'em in a good way) later this year. Really worth checking out Manitc, no I don't work for them, just a big fan. Smile
Thanks again folks!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 12:28 pm

They seem like an EXCELLENT company! I wish they produce some 'generic' Sci-Fi soldiers, so I could do some more IG Squads. Wink

Do NOT be chicken about dipping. You do NOT have to do them all at once. Did you read my tutorial? Easy as pie and gives you an 8.5 (out of 10 results!).... great for bunch of skeleton cannon fodder. Smile The technique is not suitable for a Golden Demon competition, but your guys WILL turn heads on the table... but be prepared to be called a liar when you tell them how long it took you to paint them. NOBODY will believe you! Wink And no, I don't work for the Army Painter people either! HA!
Back to top Go down
Da Eavy

Da Eavy

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:30 pm

I did just now have a quick look. I'll have to come back and take a look at the videos.
Can't say I'm much more confident about trying it. If I did, and didn't do them all at once how would I go about making sure they all dried with the same/similar amount of quickshade on them? I guess I'm worrying about it too much. Something to consider none-the-less.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:51 pm

You will be impressed how easy it is. Do it outside... and let the models dry for 24 hours before spraying the Matt Finish. It will reduce the gloss and protect the model. Quick basing and you are DONE!!!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:08 am

Very cool looking models, I'm not sure about dipping but a wash sounds like a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:49 am

http://www.thearmypainter.com/

actually dipping just got a little more high tech.

Mantic Games Undead Undead_army_1
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:42 pm

That is what I use... and what I based the tutorials on. GREAT product!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mantic Games Undead   Mantic Games Undead I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mantic Games Undead
Page 1 of 1